Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RWH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jack.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Just curious if ops pay less for new pins than your average pinsider does.

I would think it would be that way. But what the heck do I know?

#2 11 years ago

They usually get Buy 1 Get 1 free. Lol, jk. I think they do but I have nothing to base it on. You have me wondering now too.

#3 11 years ago

I would say probably. They likely have a long standing pre-order setup with the same distributor.

#4 11 years ago

Oft times some of the people like Trent, are selling for less than my local distributor.

And distributors can have different prices. Depending on what they all provide or are a bare bones operation.

And customers can have different prices too. Distributors can have their favorite customers.

I noticed when my sales rep at my old distributor was gone and I got transferred to a new rep, prices shot up and trade in prices went down.

So these days for anybody, it pays to shop around.

LTG : )

#5 11 years ago

I miss the trade in days. You think the bg guys like Betson or Brady would accept more these days but they do not here. I think that is why our local auctions do well.

#6 11 years ago

I would think that distributors would have a tiered pricing plan with level depending upon size of order.

Dan

#7 11 years ago

We do. But remember, we order a lot more than pins from our distributors. So it's not like we're getting a discount only because we're an operator, but because we do a bulk amount of business with them.

#8 11 years ago

Pinsiders love to pay more. Just ask the RGP people where the best place is to sell games ... pinside!

#9 11 years ago

You guys want the real answer... You guys get better deals then op's from every distributorship ive ever seen. The Op market isn't as competitive as far as sellers as it is here on pinside. Plus Op's need more local support then you guys do. Local support cost money to provide.

You Guys get about 300-400 off what ops who spend 100k+(Tier One Operators) a year on equipment get. Pinside Sellers Make VERY little selling each game to you guys, but we do sell volume.

#10 11 years ago

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!
    ANY seller will charge as much as they can get, to ANY buyer.

#11 11 years ago

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!
    ANY seller will charge as much as they can get, to ANY buyer.

Well thank you Jack!

Jack.jpgJack.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-ops-pay-less-than-pinsiders and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.