3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinitech chip (resized).jpg
brinks (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I bought a bunch of these years ago, and no matter what machine I try to use them in, they do not work. They cause random coil locks. Sometimes the machine will freak out for no reason. Settings change to random things. Last night I had it lock on about 4 or 5 coils randomly. Would lock and hold for a couple of seconds, then release. Others were locked on right away. Almost burned up 5 coils. Luckily I was paying attention.

these are 100% useless for Zaccaria.

I bought a bunch of Brinks chips back in the day. They work great, but you must have both ram chips socketed, as it uses both spots. But they are reliable. Pins are very fragile and it's very hard to remove them without breaking off a pin.

Looks like Pinball solutions has a one socket option now. I have not used these yet.

https://www.pinballsolutions.eu/product/nvram-6514/

brinks (resized).jpgbrinks (resized).jpgpinitech chip (resized).jpgpinitech chip (resized).jpg
#3 3 years ago

yes, brinks setup is duel and uses both sockets. I have had 1 bad one that will not hold settings, but the rest I have installed have worked flawless. Have 3 that have broken pins, because they are very fragile and do not like to come back out once installed.

I missed that you retracted the Zaccaria compatibility. I did buy these quite awhile ago. Just finally got around to trying to use them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
$ 45.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-not-use-pinitechcom-5114nvram-s-in-zaccaria-machines?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.