3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrBally
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

So I used freightquote.com in October of 2020 to schedule pickup of a megatouch and deliver to me in PA from New Jersey. Pitt-Ohio Express was the carrier. A price was agreed upon and paid for. The carrier went to the location on the scheduled date, but refused to pick up the game because it was not palletized. Knowing full well what they were picking up, this should have been discussed before pickup. (This was the start of all the problems) So we reschedule pickup and the seller agrees to palletize. The carrier misses the "NEW" pickup date, but assures me it will be delivered on the expected date. Only after I call the company to figure out why they didn't pickup. Next, carrier misses the delivery date with no phone call, email, ect. So now I have wasted a day of vacation. I call freightquote again. This time I speak to a manager who gives me a partial refund. Cool, I am happy with the partial refund. This should be the end of it, but however it doesn't play out that way. A few weeks later I get an email saying the company is going to charge me $40 for lift gate services, which I explicitly said I did not need at the start of the agreement. (the game weighs like 150lbs, and I could've off loaded it myself). Another call to the freightquote manager yields this charge taken off the bill. So now this should be over right? Not yet..... January 2021 gives me ANOTHER email stating that in reviewing my "contract" They are going to autocharge the credit card I used for their services $100 for a "missed truck" I dispute the charge with them. They deny my dispute. I tell them I am not authorizing them to charge my card, and if they do will file a fraudulent charge. They charge my card anyway. I have now filed the fraud charge with my credit card company, the BBB, and the consumer financial protection bureau. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up if your having a game shipped, stay FAR away from freightquote.com and pitt-ohio express.

#2 3 years ago

I know it is pricey but STI is so much easier

#3 3 years ago

Talk to type is awesome.

If you use paragraphs that is....

#4 3 years ago

I'm not sure that this was clear in your post--did they actually pick up, ship, and deliver the game? Or are they charging you for items without actually picking up and/or delivering?

#5 3 years ago

I have had a terrible experience with freight quote.com as well, not for pins but for my Zoo business. They sent the wrong truck to pick up a huge exhibit, twice. Never could pick up my freight, had to hire a local jobber.
    They use different carriers, but obviously don't communicate with them. Agreed, stay well away from freight quote.com
    B

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

I have had a terrible experience with freight quote.com as well, not for pins but for my Zoo business. They sent the wrong truck to pick up a huge exhibit, twice. Never could pick up my freight, had to hire a local jobber.
    They use different carriers, but obviously don't communicate with them. Agreed, stay well away from freight quote.com
    B

There are a lot of incompetent individuals who broker freight. There are also scumbags in the business as well. It was much more reliable when certain organizations ran a majority of the trucking companies. Then Johnnie Bryan Hunt came in and sanitized the business.

#7 3 years ago

I've been in logistics over 25 years. Safe to assume these guys are brokers who send this bid out on the internet for the cheapest carrier possible and take a slice of the pie as payment. They have no vested interest in the actual trucking company. Most companies like this expect freight to be palletized, to pick up or deliver anytime between 9-5 at a dock with a forklift, with no specific dates or times. They're used to dealing with businesses, not individuals.

Have you ever seen the boxes at stores with pictures on the side that say "Team Lift" or something, with 2 people carrying a 40 lb box? Your garbageman doesn't have to pick up anything that weighs more than 40 lbs. Some driver sure as hell wasn't going to try picking up or delivering your 150lb game without a liftgate.

I don't know how much you were charged for this, but to be honest you're lucky they removed the lift gate charge.

I'm guessing the $100 they're charging for the "missed truck" was because they tried to pick up and found it wasn't palletized and had to go back - they shouldn't have assumed it was, and should have asked more questions, but you bear some responsibility for not telling them all of the details too. Unfortunately you can finger point all day, but they're the ones that have your $100, for now.

Hope you get your money back -

#8 3 years ago

In this province you cannot make a person lift over 50 pounds , due to health and safety reasons. But to your point you should have been told up front.

#9 3 years ago

I gave them all the details. I figured they would use a dolly, the megatouch isnt that big. We agreed on a price, they did pickup after missing their "repickup" date, they delivered late without notifying me. They were paid. Dont come at me after the deal is done weeks or months later and tell me you want more money and if i dont pay youll just charge it to my card without my permission.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from cysnake:

I gave them all the details. I figured they would use a dolly, the megatouch isnt that big. We agreed on a price, they did pickup after missing their "repickup" date, they delivered late without notifying me. They were paid. Dont come at me after the deal is done weeks or months later and tell me you want more money and if i dont pay youll just charge it to my card without my permission.

That's simple since they notified you. Call your card issuer and report your card lost. Ask them to issue you a replacement. When the friendly vendor tries to make another charge on the old card; DECLINED.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-not-use-freightquotecom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.