Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

e4b83f34e86bb446e4a24bd7f133da931888050b (resized).jpg
    48def6967ad6eb13413378b5fc55580dab7866c7 (resized).jpg
    original (1) (resized).jpg
    what I received (1) (resized).jpg

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

Even with Paypal, I have discovered that you have almost no recourse when Mirco advertises product that he no longer carries. If you are specifically going to buy a haunted house pf, there are some on his site but they are all out of alignment with the holes - and as mirco would say "not within spec" the one in the pic is one from years ago when he didn't screw up the alignment. If you buy it, be prepared to pay full price for garbage. I wont even get into the whole pooling topic.

Mirco is someone who should be Ostracised from the community. He is as many report, not returning items sent to him and basically that is theft. I pray that new manufacturers with the help of technology can produce products and stand behind them and not misrepresent themselves like he has been doing. I asked him to simply cover the cost to repair my playfield and nothing. I gave him the opportunity to show that he isn't unfair but I was basically left with no alternative and no concession.. He would only accept the playfield in return if I paid for all my duty, taxes, shipping. $400 approx. BULLSHIT.

The more people that see he is a greedy punk taking your money with zero respect for you, the more chance he will hopefully just close his doors and piss off.

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from ludikris:

Even with Paypal, I have discovered that you have almost no recourse when Mirco advertises product that he no longer carries. If you are specifically going to buy a haunted house pf, there are some on his site but they are all out of alignment with the holes - and as mirco would say "not within spec" the one in the pic is one from years ago when he didn't screw up the alignment. If you buy it, be prepared to pay full price for garbage. I wont even get into the whole pooling topic.
    Mirco is someone who should be Ostracised from the community. He is as many report, not returning items sent to him and basically that is theft. I pray that new manufacturers with the help of technology can produce products and stand behind them and not misrepresent themselves like he has been doing. I asked him to simply cover the cost to repair my playfield and nothing. I gave him the opportunity to show that he isn't unfair but I was basically left with no alternative and no concession.. He would only accept the playfield in return if I paid for all my duty, taxes, shipping. $400 approx. BULLSHIT.
    The more people that see he is a greedy punk taking your money with zero respect for you, the more chance he will hopefully just close his doors and piss off.

I thought Paypal required the seller to cover return shipping fees. Maybe different with overseas transactions?

#3 1 year ago

post some pics of the playfield issues

#4 1 year ago

Nothing new here... Tons of posts to buy at own risk!

#5 1 year ago

Arrogance, Ignorance or Greed.... I'm trying to figure out which one applies to Mirco.. But I'm pretty sure its all three.

It cannot be said enough... the way he denies that pooling is a problem... the way he has treated my friends. This is not a trustworthy individual.

People are not purchasing JJP machines because he is still involved.

JJP PLEASE bring the process in house if necessary. Make amends with Bader.... SOMETHING, Because keeping this man around is bad for business.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

post some pics of the playfield issues

what I received (1) (resized).jpgwhat I received (1) (resized).jpg
    #7 1 year ago

Is that the worst of it? Not great, but I've seen worse. Sounds like you're stuck with it. Install it, play it, sleep at night.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Is that the worst of it? Not great, but I've seen worse. Sounds like you're stuck with it. Install it, play it, sleep at night.

Yeah aren't the top holes covered by posts?

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from HarryReimer:

Because keeping this man around is bad for business.

Agree but Toy Story will sell out in under an hour so not bad enough yet.

#10 1 year ago

There's tons of bad feedback on here about him. I still cringe every time I see these threads because I was hoping to buy a BK2K playfield set from him but it seems like a total crap shoot at this point. I'm already sitting on a disappointing CPR playfield I likely won't use........(Meteor)

#11 1 year ago

How does that even happen? Zero quality control?

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

How does that even happen? Zero quality control?

I think more like zero giving of sh!ts... I have never dealt with him personally but it seems ,from what I've read that there is always an excuse.

#13 1 year ago

I agree he is a total crook and I support all your comments,

But those alignment issues seem like nothing compared to some of the horrors we have all endured.

Not trying to diminish you or his awful service,

But if I rolled the dice on a Mirco playfield - knowing what we ALL know by now - and that is what I got; I would just move forward with my swap.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

I think more like zero giving of sh!ts... I have never dealt with him personally but it seems ,from what I've read that there is always an excuse.

For every person that complains about him there's 10 people that will still buy from him due to "he's the only one that has the pf I need".

Only time you see or hear about his excuses is from buyers as he never post anything when it comes to his quality. Although he does post on here all the time pushing his products.

He sure doesn't fit into the old stereotype of "Superior German Engineering".

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

For every person that complains about him there's 10 people that will still buy from him due to "he's the only one that has the pf I need".
    Only time you see or hear about his excuses is from buyers as he never post anything when it comes to his quality. Although he does post on here all the time pushing his products.
    He sure doesn't fit into the old stereotype of "Superior German Engineering".

You're correct. I'm just glad my BK2K playfield is still in good shape. It has a few spots of wear, like around the magna save. I'm just looking down the road....

#17 1 year ago

There is nothing wrong in that photo. Your tolerance levels are much too narrow, probably caused by the echo chambering on this website. The clearcoat delamination, however, is an issue.

#18 1 year ago

If that's the worst of it, then that's not too bad.

Rob

#19 1 year ago

Yeah I was going to say, that alignment is bad, but not really any worse than came on many factory playfields. I remember another guy being upset recently with the same issue on his haunted house PF from Mirco. I would say that playfield is acceptable

#20 1 year ago

Sad. Germany is known for high quality products but this seems like a huge exception

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Yeah I was going to say, that alignment is bad, but not really any worse than came on many factory playfields. I remember another guy being upset recently with the same issue on his haunted house PF from Mirco. I would say that playfield is acceptable

This playfield actually looks better than the one referenced.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

There is nothing wrong in that photo. Your tolerance levels are much too narrow, probably caused by the echo chambering on this website. The clearcoat delamination, however, is an issue.

Didn't we just have this same title brought up and people said it was sort of normal?

#23 1 year ago

I have seen others and they aren't out of alignment....I know there are worse off... doesn't make it acceptable... a real honorable vendor would have just sent me a pick of what he was sending and let me decide instead of pawning his shit off without even an email to say it's shipped... Mirco is a dbag crook and I know he has been keeping customer's plastic etc and not returning stuff... My alignment issues are manageable for sure but i hate when losers like Mirco act like everything is my fault.. EFF that guy.. and this is my old playfield...holes are aligned. don't make me drink the koolaid.

original (1) (resized).jpgoriginal (1) (resized).jpg

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Didn't we just have this same title brought up and people said it was sort of normal?

Yeah, and actually its the same playfield. It was just another guy posting about this guys playfield.

Quoted from ludikris:

I have seen others and they aren't out of alignment....I know there are worse off... doesn't make it acceptable... a real honorable vendor would have just sent me a pick of what he was sending and let me decide instead of pawning his shit off without even an email to say it's shipped... Mirco is a dbag crook and I know he has been keeping customer's plastic etc and not returning stuff... My alignment issues are manageable for sure but i hate when losers like Mirco act like everything is my fault.. EFF that guy.. and this is my old playfield...holes are aligned. don't make me drink the koolaid.
    [quoted image]

Your holes are fine. plenty of original haunted house playfields out there that have way worse alignment issues than the mirco and your original. Your original is very aligned. For example though, heres one I found on a quick look through the pinside gallery. You're right about mirco being a crook and plenty of things to bash him over, but I would say your particular problem is not one of them. It is acceptable, your expectations are not. Also as far as letting you pick your exact playfield, do you realize how huge of a burden that would be for any seller? Not gonna happen and once again an unreasonable expectation. Sorry you aren't satisfied with your playfield, I'd be pretty steamed too if I wanted to return something and had to pay all that extra money. Makes me mad I even have to defend Mirco, but I don't think its fair in this case.

48def6967ad6eb13413378b5fc55580dab7866c7 (resized).jpg48def6967ad6eb13413378b5fc55580dab7866c7 (resized).jpg
    #25 1 year ago
    Quoted from ludikris:

this is my old playfield...holes are aligned.

Old top post holes are off quite a bit, Mirco only a hair more off. Even your original kickout holes aren't perfectly aligned. Again, Mirco just a bit more off.

Quoted from ludikris:

don't make me drink the koolaid.

Too late it seems. Yeah he's a shyster and his JJP playfields mostly suck, but in this case, you got a decent-ish one. Your original is worn to hell. When the new playfield is populated, you won't notice the registration. Swap & play it, or sell to someone who'll settle for a playfield that "bad."

#26 1 year ago

Does it look like this? No.

Move on, you're ahead.

e4b83f34e86bb446e4a24bd7f133da931888050b (resized).jpge4b83f34e86bb446e4a24bd7f133da931888050b (resized).jpg

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Does it look like this? No.
    Move on, your ahead.
    [quoted image]

Not yet as he's yet to populate his pf. Unfortunately it could be an issue in the near future though.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Not yet as he's yet to populate his pf. Unfortunately it could be an issue in the near future though.

I don't disagree.

I have seen this with other playfield suppliers AND stock factory playfields, not a hill to die on in my opinion.

#29 1 year ago

There are definitely legitimate issues and complaints against Mirco.
    This playfield looks pretty decent overall I know that it would be better if everything were perfectly centered but that’s not always the case with any playfield even NOS.
    I myself have had to buy two or three playfields from Mirco to get one that I felt was even worth reworking to put to use.
    No amount of asking the right questions before hand or setting my criteria has ever resulted in any change in what I received. Sometimes it’s even the opposite where I get exactly what I asked not to receive. I am very reasonable and can look past anything I could easily correct so I am talking about true dealbreakers.
    Heres what I know.
    You get what you get and that’s that. There’s no shame,empathy or true care as to if you are really happy. I truly think he does not care anymore.
    When there is no alternative and you need a playfield he gets a sale(or three)and any time there is ever an alternative he does not.
    He could be a bit more reasonable and helpful to change that but he seems to be less and less receptive to complaints and also to accommodation.
    The main issue with people being overly nit picky though is that it hardens certain personalities to where they become overly rigid and do not bother with legitimate complaints. It’s a “no one is ever happy so why bother “ mentality.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

There are definitely legitimate issues and complaints against Mirco.
    This playfield looks pretty decent overall I know that it would be better if everything were perfectly centered but that’s not always the case with any playfield even NOS.
    I myself have had to buy two or three playfields from Mirco to get one that I felt was even worth reworking to put to use.
    No amount of asking the right questions before hand or setting my criteria has ever resulted in any change in what I received. Sometimes it’s even the opposite where I get exactly what I asked not to receive. I am very reasonable and can look past anything I could easily correct so I am talking about true dealbreakers.
    Heres what I know.
    You get what you get and that’s that. There’s no shame,empathy or true care as to if you are really happy. I truly think he does not care anymore.
    When there is no alternative and you need a playfield he gets a sale(or three)and any time there is ever an alternative he does not.
    He could be a bit more reasonable and helpful to change that but he seems to be less and less receptive to complaints and also to accommodation.
    The main issue with people being overly nit picky though is that it hardens certain personalities to where they become overly rigid and do not bother with legitimate complaints. It’s a “no one is ever happy so why bother “ mentality.

Well said, Its not that mistakes are made, we all make them.. it's how we correct them.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from ludikris:

So even with several large threads about Micro you still wen ahead and bought a PF from him and now you’re mad it’s a bad product?
    I’m sorry but this one is on you…

I’m not defending Mirco but this is on you for not doing your due diligence! Especially when it’s a repeated topic for a long time, it’s impossible to miss in either looking at the forum or by a quick and simple google search.

#32 1 year ago

Im completely shocked! I mean i just can’t believe Mirco High class would do something like this.Just perfect.!!! Next up the new JJP game has issues post.!!!

#33 1 year ago

Total noob question, I have a micro BK playfield I haven't installed yet. I don't see the issues on the playfield posted above, can someone elaborate?

#34 1 year ago

On the Haunted House playfield, the holes cut into the new playfield aren't centered in the circles in the art. This is a minor flaw.

On the side-view of the Quicksilver playfield (the green one), the printed artwork and clearcoat have come off the wood and have bunched up around the bottom of the slingshot post. This is a major problem with Mirco's products.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

On the Haunted House playfield, the holes cut into the new playfield aren't centered in the circles in the art. This is a minor flaw.
    On the side-view of the Quicksilver playfield (the green one), the printed artwork and clearcoat have come off the wood and have bunched up around the bottom of the slingshot post. This is a major problem with Mirco's products.

ok I can get behind the clearc coat issue, and that can easily be resolved by having a body shop do a clearcoat curing process.

IMO, the other issue can easily be solved by doing some additional elbow work around the holes. I'm sure those are some of the steps missed to make this a perfect OEM playfield and I've read about the JJP stuff with pooling and what not, but I don't think that his boards are trash. Perfect? No, but as far as getting a NIB playfield in comparison to other like new OEM boards, it's a solid choice if you can do some of the post prep-work before doing the playfield swap

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from ludikris:

He would only accept the playfield in return if I paid for all my duty, taxes, shipping. $400 approx. BULLSHIT.

Can you re-sell it and take less of a hit than returning it? Obviously you can offer pictures of the exact item that will be received and that could be preferable to a 'crap shoot' situation for some folks.

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement type 1 sound board for classic Williams games

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

ok I can get behind the clearc coat issue, and that can easily be resolved by having a body shop do a clearcoat curing process.

The problem is bigger than that: the ink under the clear isn't sticking to the wood. Something with his printing process isn't as good as Stern, AP or Spooky's playfield suppliers. Fiddling with the clear won't fully solve the underlying problem.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

The problem is bigger than that: the ink under the clear isn't sticking to the wood. Something with his printing process isn't as good as Stern, AP or Spooky's playfield suppliers. Fiddling with the clear won't fully solve the underlying problem.

I haven't read or seen that printing issue anywhere, it's all been clear coat problems. Care to share a few links? I'm genuinely curious

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

You're correct. I'm just glad my BK2K playfield is still in good shape. It has a few spots of wear, like around the magna save. I'm just looking down the road....

Or you know..people could quit replacing perfectly usable playfields. Or maybe just get it retouched and cleared. Flat out replacing a pf with a knockoff should be a last resort reserved for the worst of the worst.

The amount of straight up OCD people around here seem to think minor issues need a tear down and complete overhaul is tiresome. It is what allows things like this to continue.

#40 1 year ago

I haven't read or seen that printing issue anywhere, it's all been clear coat problems. Care to share a few links? I'm genuinely curious

It’s well known to be a printing issue.

#41 1 year ago

I was expecting a lot worst tbh.

#42 1 year ago

the "clear coat" issue is actually a printing issue. Look at some of the other Mirco threads or threads where people have talked about their playfield issues (such as GNR) a lot of speculation and false information out there (especially if your main source of pinball community is like FB or something), but the actual smart people have pinpointed the printing process to be the culprit. The clear itself has also seemingly had issues too, but the biggest problem (pooling around the posts) is linked to printing

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

the "clear coat" issue is actually a printing issue. Look at some of the other Mirco threads or threads where people have talked about their playfield issues (such as GNR) a lot of speculation and false information out there (especially if your main source of pinball community is like FB or something), but the actual smart people have pinpointed the printing process to be the culprit. The clear itself has also seemingly had issues too, but the biggest problem (pooling around the posts) is linked to printing

good to know! Now I gotta look over my BK playfield

#44 1 year ago

Total noob question, I have a micro BK playfield I haven't installed yet. I don't see the issues on the playfield posted above, can someone elaborate?

Just sell it and wait for a Hardtop to get released.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

You left out CGC playfields....

I think CGC makes the best playfields....they still use the tried and true silkscreen process.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

You left out CGC playfields....
    I think CGC makes the best playfields....they still use the tried and true silkscreen process.

Spooky!

#47 1 year ago

Buthamberg also silk screens

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Or you know..people could quit replacing perfectly usable playfields. Or maybe just get it retouched and cleared. Flat out replacing a pf with a knockoff should be a last resort reserved for the worst of the worst.
    The amount of straight up OCD people around here seem to think minor issues need a tear down and complete overhaul is tiresome. It is what allows things like this to continue.

Unpopular opinion but I’d rather have my ball roll on the original.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from ViperTim:

So even with several large threads about Micro you still wen ahead and bought a PF from him and now you’re mad it’s a bad product?
    I’m sorry but this one is on you…
    I’m not defending Mirco but this is on you for not doing your due diligence! Especially when it’s a repeated topic for a long time, it’s impossible to miss in either looking at the forum or by a quick and simple google search.

I bought it because many said his "older stuff" is good.. .and is not messed up... the simple fact is he tells you he is sending one thing and ships another.. he is a crooked business man who pretends to be above us all. Had we just received an email showing what we were getting instead of fucking people over it would have been fine... Im on the lower end of the totem pole for shit product but the more we tell people how sketchy he is, the sooner he disappears and somone else fills the niche.

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from ludikris:

I bought it because many said his "older stuff" is good.. .and is not messed up... the simple fact is he tells you he is sending one thing and ships another.. he is a crooked business man who pretends to be above us all. Had we just received an email showing what we were getting instead of fucking people over it would have been fine... Im on the lower end of the totem pole for shit product but the more we tell people how sketchy he is, the sooner he disappears and somone else fills the niche.

Well all of that is things I’ve read about him before.
    And he won’t disappear because people keep sending him their money - he’s making a fortune out of shit products and people are still buying it.
    That’s the #1 issue.
    Otherwise it’s like saying that the drug users has no liability in the formation of gangs and cartels dealing with said drugs.

I’m sorry, this sucks for you absolutely. It is a lot of money.
    But you’ve supported a crook despite knowing said person is a crook.

Hopefully one day people will stop sending him their money and he will go out of business.
    Sadly I’ve seen businesses survive many decades despite being crooks. See Hennessey for one example.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-not-purchase-anything-from-mirco-playfields-?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.