• 51 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

i-dont-always-need-a-lawyer-but-when-i-do-i-make-sure-my-lawyer-is-great (resized).jpg
F3994D69-452F-462A-8EEF-B2057016E4A6 (resized).jpeg
CE4F86D9-019A-4115-A770-0E759C0D3CDE (resized).jpeg
71E51820-B935-4D0B-BAF2-6A8A7849A5FA (resized).jpeg
6A48C5F7-A701-40D8-BE4E-2E2ADDD68F0D (resized).jpeg
5F01EDD3-4E4F-43C7-9D7E-627F09CC8043 (resized).jpeg
4E17FE35-CD2E-45CC-A419-A7FCE2D5BFFB (resized).png
1B715BAB-65E7-481A-BCE8-7E65E3D9E797 (resized).jpeg
Dn591_aXsAE0rvt.jpeg (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.06.21 PM (resized).jpg
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Hi everyone - Sorry to bother you with this.

Xtreme Custom Gaming (Ultra Custom Cabs Arcade) is STILL using the Monster Bash alternate artwork I created WITHOUT my permission, even though they were warned a week ago.
I have officially licensed this Monster Bash alternate artwork with Williams. They have NOT.

I need your help spreading the word out that this product is NOT authorized by me.

Please understand, I am NOT asking you to attack or disparage this business.

I just wanted to make it LOUD AND CLEAR that this Topper being shown by Xtreme Custom Gaming is NOT authorized by me, and I’m not involved in any way. It is an unlicensed product. Any sale of it would violate our copyright.

When originally confronted, the owner, Daryl Yeatman told me he never intended on selling it. This is untrue because, in his first promotional video, he clearly said “This will be available straight-away on the website... the price will be $329”. I have the recording of this video here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksxkz8ftcwr5mos/Monster%20Bash%20Stolen%20Artwork.mp4?dl=0

My logo and website is clearly printed on the product he is showing.

He told me he would remove the video and not sell the product, and I agreed to remove my original Facebook posts about the theft.
TODAY, he posted a new video using the piece as a promotion. This is unauthorized use.
I’ve asked him to destroy it, and he has chosen not to.

If you choose to buy this from him, please let me know first. I can most likely get you one directly from the artist.

If you're interested in getting this officially licensed artwork directly from me, it's available on Translites and art prints:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/

•••
Thanks for your help!

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.06.21 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.06.21 PM (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Quick bump for Brian. Amazing artist, nice dude. Spread the word about this - no one should be allowed to get away with art theft.

#4 3 years ago

Don’t take this the wrong way, but it looks like shit as a topper anyway.
The art is fine, but who wants a square topper with sharp corners at the top?
It’s like hanging translite above your translite, only the monsters are rendered differently.

#5 3 years ago

Brian rocks.

Making him waste time on this instead of dedicating it to his family and art he loves is a travesty.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but it looks like shit as a topper anyway

Aesthetically, I agree that the square topper isn't all that appealing, but the art is spectacular. All I can say is: wow! Very nicely done.

#7 3 years ago

Brian's art is absolutely spectacular. This unathorized blatant cut/paste, rip-off, hack job, cash grab makes me sick.

Imitation may be flattery, but this is just repugnant.

#8 3 years ago

Time to get your lawyer to send a cease and desist notice.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Aesthetically, I agree that the square topper isn't all that appealing, but the art is spectacular. All I can say is: wow! Very nicely done.

That’s what I’m saying.
The art is fine, but it’s like putting a box on top of a box.

#10 3 years ago

Well that super shady. Best of luck to you in your course of action.

#11 3 years ago

So sorry to hear this and also wish you luck in your pursuit. So wrong.
Just picked up three alt translites and a poster in the works from Flyland D.
Awesome work!

#12 3 years ago

This really sucks. But your art is great -- had to buy a poster to support you.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Wait, you post when it doesn’t have to deal with manufacturer schematics???

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi everyone - Sorry to bother you with this.
Xtreme Custom Gaming (Ultra Custom Cabs Arcade) is STILL using the Monster Bash alternate artwork I created WITHOUT my permission, even though they were warned a week ago.
I have officially licensed this Monster Bash alternate artwork with Williams. They have NOT.
I need your help spreading the word out that this product is NOT authorized by me.
Please understand, I am NOT asking you to attack or disparage this business.
I just wanted to make it LOUD AND CLEAR that this Topper being shown by Xtreme Custom Gaming is NOT authorized by me, and I’m not involved in any way. It is an unlicensed product. Any sale of it would violate our copyright.
When originally confronted, the owner, Daryl Yeatman told me he never intended on selling it. This is untrue because, in his first promotional video, he clearly said “This will be available straight-away on the website... the price will be $329”. I have the recording of this video here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksxkz8ftcwr5mos/Monster%20Bash%20Stolen%20Artwork.mp4?dl=0
My logo and website is clearly printed on the product he is showing.
He told me he would remove the video and not sell the product, and I agreed to remove my original Facebook posts about the theft.
TODAY, he posted a new video using the piece as a promotion. This is unauthorized use.
I’ve asked him to destroy it, and he has chosen not to.
If you choose to buy this from him, please let me know first. I can most likely get you one directly from the artist.
If you're interested in getting this officially licensed artwork directly from me, it's available on Translites and art prints:
•••
Thanks for your help![quoted image]

Wow, that’s sad some jackass is profiteering off your artwork.
It still blows my mind that people still do this every single day.
Stealing artwork is theft, but for some reason these people thing “I searched it fair and square on Google!! It’s mine!!”
Crazy.
Sorry you have to waste your time with this.
However your art is phenomenal, I’ll have to buy a poster for the gameroom to support you!

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Cool stuff there!

#16 3 years ago
Dn591_aXsAE0rvt.jpeg (resized).jpgDn591_aXsAE0rvt.jpeg (resized).jpg
#17 3 years ago

I kind of doubt anything Xtreme Custom Gaming (Ultra Custom Cabs Arcade) makes is done under license. Looks like anything is fair game with them.

#18 3 years ago

Not cool at all

#19 3 years ago

People without art can only make this kind of shitty products.
Your great artwork used on a square topper?!

#20 3 years ago

Simply wanted to say; Your artworks are fantastic! It hurts that the time you could spend creating is hindered with protecting yourself.

#21 3 years ago

It looks like you are having an issue with this guy/company based on multiple posts and issues. Probably time to talk to an attorney.

#22 3 years ago

Your art is amazing !
I’ll be ordering a print or alt back glass in the very near future.

I tried to look up this guys site and can’t find toppers.
I did find a video posted of him showing off various toppers but stating that the monster bash is a one off due to him being contacted by you/the artist.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Probably time to talk to an attorney.

Waste of time and money. It’s an overseas scumbag that likely doesn’t have money to pay a judgement even if he won.

Sad that this happens to many types of artist routinely.

#24 3 years ago
1B715BAB-65E7-481A-BCE8-7E65E3D9E797 (resized).jpeg1B715BAB-65E7-481A-BCE8-7E65E3D9E797 (resized).jpeg
#25 3 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

I've gone through this. If it's overseas, it's tough. Very expensive and they usually just say, "Sue me".....(time to call John Wick)

#26 3 years ago

Nobody's gonna buy that topper anyways as its crap. I wouldn't spend a dime on this douche bag as he probably doesn't have a pot to piss in

#27 3 years ago

Not good for a topper. Nice idea. I wouldn't support this unauthorized theft.

#28 3 years ago

Bryan’s art is amazing. Regardless if you like the topper or not is irrelevant. Point is Ultra Custom Cabs is stealing art from Bryan and profiting. As a designer myself I take this very seriously.

The seller is clearly a crook and he knows it. I just posted a comment directly on his Facebook topic about this topper very politely mentioning the art is not his / or licensed that he is selling. I made 2 posts both where removed in seconds and I am now blocked from commenting on his page. LOL

4E17FE35-CD2E-45CC-A419-A7FCE2D5BFFB (resized).png4E17FE35-CD2E-45CC-A419-A7FCE2D5BFFB (resized).png

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I am now blocked from commenting on his page. LOL

Thats good! That means you got your point across.

#30 3 years ago

Report it to Facebook!

#32 3 years ago

Nice! I should have said that I would but....I don’t have a Facebook account. If he is selling someone else’s work, they can do something about it. Maybe shutdown his account.

1 week later
#33 3 years ago

I hate that you are having to deal with this crap.

Just installed the 2 translites I bought from your eBay store last week. They are so well done. Really proud to own them.

5F01EDD3-4E4F-43C7-9D7E-627F09CC8043 (resized).jpeg5F01EDD3-4E4F-43C7-9D7E-627F09CC8043 (resized).jpeg6A48C5F7-A701-40D8-BE4E-2E2ADDD68F0D (resized).jpeg6A48C5F7-A701-40D8-BE4E-2E2ADDD68F0D (resized).jpeg
#34 3 years ago

Seems they just don’t get the message. Posted 30 mins ago.

#35 3 years ago

So he's explaining what hasn't been done yet...

Bump to keep this up top.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

That game looks like extreme shit! Or was that what was in his mouth?

#37 3 years ago

So he’s obviously using the cab art unlicensed also. This clown it seems has no shame. Maybe a tip off to Universal may speed things up.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Thanks for sharing - Boof-Ed it appears he is still using my artwork and Williams' artwork to market his business and sell products.

#39 3 years ago

Jenk540i
Thanks for your support! Do you mind if I use this photo of your machines to help sell my translites on my website?

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Thanks for sharing - boof-ed it appears he is still using my artwork and Williams' artwork to market his business and sell products.

You’re welcome. It just grinds my gears that you have worked hard to produce these great products (which I have purchased your MM translite and will get the AFM and MB soon) only to have these IP thieves do what ever they like.

#41 3 years ago

THANK YOU for your support everyone, and for the kind words.
Please tell me if you see any instances where he is selling this artwork.
Or, if you were to contact Xtreme Gaming Cabinets and ask them if the topper was available for sale, please tell me if his response is affirmative.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

THANK YOU for your support everyone, and for the kind words.
Please tell me if you see any instances where he is selling this artwork.
Or, if you were to contact Xtreme Gaming Cabinets and ask them if the topper was available for sale, please tell me if his response is affirmative.

I posted on his Facebook page about his unlicensed art usage but he’d removed my post by morning.

I’m a photographer by profession and sadly deal with this quite regularly. Best starting point is screen grab everything on his FB account as reference. Contact FB and explain XGC’s use of your intellectual/copyrighted property and your need to have it removed from FB immediately. Same goes for his webpage (if he has one). Contact the host provider and explain the illegal usage. From there, if he doesn’t cease and desist, you may need to employ legal tactics which I’m no expert.

One suggestion is to politely contact Mr Pinball (Wayne) in Australia. He was once a rights owner of Williams Pinball and will no doubt no the ins and outs of usage, especially looking at XGC’s prolific use of Monster Bash.

You really could have a field day with this clown. Blatant use of Lord of the Rings artwork!! Yikes.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Thanks for sharing - boof-ed it appears he is still using my artwork and Williams' artwork to market his business and sell products.

I assume he used the licensed decals and translite so he's probably in the clear there but you could report that video to YouTube stating that he's showing an unauthorized use of your art on the topper and they may take it down.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I assume he used the licensed decals and translite so he's probably in the clear there but you could report that video to YouTube stating that he's showing an unauthorized use of your art on the topper and they may take it down.

Why do you assume they’re licensed when he’s stolen everything else? Even if they were legitimate licensed decals, I do not believe they can be used in this circumstance. Using Williams/Universals intellectual property for non related commercial gain. Usage rights would need to negotiated with Williams/Universal. Somehow I doubt he’s done that.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Why do you assume they’re licensed when he’s stolen everything else? Even if they were legitimate licensed decals, I do not believe they can be used in this circumstance. Using Williams/Universals intellectual property for non related commercial gain. Usage rights would need to negotiated with Williams/Universal. Somehow I doubt he’s done that.

Good point, I just based my assumption regarding the decals because I figure it would be much harder / expensive to create the decals themselves but I guess if they have a large format scanner and printer it's possible they are illegally reproducing them. I have no idea if it's legal for him to used the licensed ones in this way or not but I assume it's okay since they are paying for the art usage, but I know next-to-nothing about copyright law so it's 100% possible I'm 100% wrong. Irregardless though Brian doesn't have any ownership of the decal art so he can't really make a claim to YouTube but he can for the use of the topper which he does own rights to.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Jenk540i
Thanks for your support! Do you mind if I use this photo of your machines to help sell my translites on my website?

By all means feel free to use them. Today I received some 2 SMD sunlight bulbs from Comet that I plan to put behind the AFM translite because the current bulbs are not quite bright enough. I had enough to do the MM translite when I changed it, that’s why the colors on that one look a little better.

So after I get the new bulbs put in I will take some more photos and post them here and send them to you by PM.

#47 3 years ago

These might be better (after putting higher quality bulbs in the AFM). Again, feel free to use them in any way you would like. I also sent you several by PM.

71E51820-B935-4D0B-BAF2-6A8A7849A5FA (resized).jpeg71E51820-B935-4D0B-BAF2-6A8A7849A5FA (resized).jpegCE4F86D9-019A-4115-A770-0E759C0D3CDE (resized).jpegCE4F86D9-019A-4115-A770-0E759C0D3CDE (resized).jpeg

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Those monster bash decals have his so called business emblem on them.

How awesome is it that the decals are for a standard body and his cab is a wide body?
Just leave a strip of bare cab either side. That’s real quality right there!

F3994D69-452F-462A-8EEF-B2057016E4A6 (resized).jpegF3994D69-452F-462A-8EEF-B2057016E4A6 (resized).jpeg
#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Those monster bash decals have his so called business emblem on them.

I’ve seen people advertise or claim they have the artwork on file. He’s clearly using such files, amending them with his logo and printing them himself. He’s breached copyright countless times without digging too far. What’s more, when made aware of the fact, he makes the clear decision to ignore it and remove any evidence for potential buyers. The kicker is he’s added his logo!! Hilarious. Game set match. It would take a 1st year law student to take this guy to the cleaners.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 75.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-not-buy-this-monster-bash-topper-unauthorized-use-of-my-art?hl=stupidjackpot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.