(Topic ID: 70450)

Do not buy Pinball Side Mirrors!

By wdpvideo

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2013-11-20 at 9.55.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 6.40.27 PM.png
    photo2.jpg
    1.jpg
    image-824.jpg
    image.jpg
    20130206_170619.jpg
    20130913_225344.jpg
    20130913_225425.jpg
    IMG_5120 (720x480).jpg
    IMG_5113.JPG
    IMG_5109 (720x480).jpg
    20131018_183235.jpg
    DSC09438.JPG
    DSC09439.JPG
    Tight.jpg
    There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 10 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

X-files is Sega, would any of these fit?

The stern blades will fit your Sega game just fine. I've used them in several Sega games including batman forever, xfiles, goldeneye, Godzilla, Independence Day. I've also put the stern blades into tales from the crypt and guns n roses. So is consider the stern blades fine for that as well.

#102 10 years ago

Anyone have a pic of the "mirrored blue" in a game?

Also curious about the side blades.. there are a bunch of color/reflectivity options but I can't find pics on the website. What do they look like in a game?

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Anyone have a pic of the "mirrored blue" in a game?
    Also curious about the side blades.. there are a bunch of color/reflectivity options but I can't find pics on the website. What do they look like in a game?

Check this post as someone has already posted the photos here.

#104 10 years ago

wdpvideo,
    I hate to ask more questions about the difference, but there is a significant price difference between the "mirrored black, side mirror" and the "extrem mirror black, side blades". Could you give me a little more insight.

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from CASTHOF:

wdpvideo,
    I hate to ask more questions about the difference, but there is a significant price difference between the "mirrored black, side mirror" and the "extrem mirror black, side blades". Could you give me a little more insight.

It boils down to simply cost of material. The colored raw material is simply more expensive than the standard mirrored.

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

It boils down to simply cost of material. The colored raw material is simply more expensive than the standard mirrored.

What about reflectivity and clearness. It's going into STTNG...

#107 10 years ago

Where can I find ordering code and price?
    Thought it was coming out today.

#108 10 years ago

Sorry got it.. Go to website ...put in basket.

#109 10 years ago

I'm in for a set (Williams)..

#110 10 years ago

I must be missing something that did not work...? Help....
    Just like my avatar Mater ain't that bright

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Sounds good ,
    Will the code come out this Thursday? For orders on Black Friday
    Put me down for 1 set regular for my Williams Funhouse.

Quoted from wdpvideo:

Yes the code and price will be listed here Thursday.

Hmmmmmm ??????? Uh maybe Mater not that dumb !

#112 10 years ago

I wonder how these would look on a Jurassic Park,

Would anyone have a pic of a JP with them?
    Not sure if its the right theme for mirrors

#113 10 years ago

Not sure why I was thinking this Thursday also

#114 10 years ago
    Quoted from Starscream:

I wonder how these would look on a Jurassic Park,
    Would anyone have a pic of a JP with them?
    Not sure if its the right theme for mirrors

I was looking for a pic also. I am very curious to see how it looks.

If it looks good, I am definitely a buyer.

#115 10 years ago
    Quoted from minnesota13:

For Thursday clarification, you are scheduling for special ordering discount code release on Thursday, November 28, that will apply only to orders placed from 12:AM CST November 29 until 12 Midnight CST November 29 effective for 24 hours. I think it is important to note the times are USA Central Standard Time.

Yes thats correct….

#116 10 years ago

i thought it was last thursday

#117 10 years ago

I put the Stern style on my ID4 and they were perfect so you can use the Sterns for many different machines as others have said. I raised and lowered the pf more times than I can count and never had a problem. No felt or mods and just strong 2 sided tape. You just have to go slow and watch everything very closely. Don't just do the slam to get the pf back in.

As far as how they look on this game or that game they look good. If you have a plain inside this will make any game look amazing. Colors can be cool but just seem more suited to extreme mods or if you like to go overboard then go for it. The regular mirror blades will make any game look like a million bucks.

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Check this post as someone has already posted the photos here.

Ah, yeah. I see the mirrored blue photos, thanks. Still not sure of the difference between the Side Mirrors and Side Blades.

Side blades have all these options.. some of which claim to be 'mirror' or 'reflective'.

Black Chrome
    Blue
    Burnt Orange
    Candy Apple Green
    Dark Purple
    Extrem Mirror Black
    High Reflective White
    Mirror Red
    Plum Purple
    Red
    Super Wet Black
    Ultimate Chrome
    Yellow

#119 10 years ago

Side Blades are not mirrors. Not at all that is just the name of the power coat but it's not a mirror.

Super Wet Black & Extrem Mirror Black are very close to the same. The powered coated blades will not have the
    bight lights that a Mirror does.

#120 10 years ago

Ready for this

#121 10 years ago

Do they fit the Rocky and Bullwinkle?

#122 10 years ago

Question for those of you who have installed these mirror blades: Do you suggest the screws (under the playfield), double-sided tape or both?

#123 10 years ago
    Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

Question for those of you who have installed these mirror blades: Do you suggest the screws (under the playfield), double-sided tape or both?

With how these things are designed, the screws (hidden by the playfield) are enough to hold the mirror in place. I installed some on one of my games two weeks ago and they seem to be in firmly seated. They aren't wobbling or anything despite the screws only being at the bottom.

#124 10 years ago

I have these in my TFLE and it looks amazing. If anybody has put them in any of the games listed below, let me know how it turned out, and post some pics if ya got em. Some games just don't make sense with too much stuff along the edges blocking the reflection. Thanks in advance..........and HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!!

1. Fishtales
    2. Star Wars Data East
    3. F14 Tomcat
    4. Earthshaker

#125 10 years ago

does anyone know if these fit Data East games?

#126 10 years ago

Yes, we have Data East, they will fit. Check back tomorrow for the codes. There will be a new post however, we will post a link here to get you there. Keep in mind you can only use 1 code at a time. Example: You want to order 1,2,3,4 or so, on regular Sterns the code will work fine. You want to order 1, 2, 3, 4 of the colored mirrors that code will work. However, you want to order one of each. That won't work. You will have to place two different orders (sorry). The code will work on mix & match as a manufacture. Example: 1 Stern Regular mirror & 1 Williams Regular yes the code will work. 1 Stern Blue/Black/Gold & 1 Williams Regular "No" it will not work.

Here is whats on Sale for Black Friday.

Shooter Rods - NO
    Pinball Side Blades - NO
    Backbox Reflectors - NO

Stern - Regular Mirrors & Stern Colored Mirrors - YES
    Bally/Williams - Regular Mirrors & Colored Mirrors - YES
    Data/East - Regular Mirrors - YES

There is only so much stock of the product. If you put a product in your cart and go to check out and the product disappears from the cart "It's SOLD OUT" Your colored mirrors like blue could be the first gone as the overhead on that color is low. Check Back tomorrow for the codes.

#128 10 years ago

No JJP mirrors on sale???

#129 10 years ago

May have missed this, do you ship to Canada yet?

#130 10 years ago

Just ordered 3 sets. Thanks for the discount!

#131 10 years ago

Just ordered two sets myself. Thanks for the great discount....

#132 10 years ago

Just tried to order regular bally/williams mirror blades with the code and nothing happens. Still same price. It does not disappear so I'm assuming they are not sold out. Anyone else having trouble with the code?

#133 10 years ago

The discount will show up as you proceed to check out. I had the same issue, but the discounted price was shown on the itemized page with the shipping fee

#134 10 years ago

Gotcha thanks!

#135 10 years ago

Yeah Having Trouble code does not work went to check out, discount did not reduce the price.

#136 10 years ago
    Quoted from R4840:

Yeah Having Trouble code does not work went to check out, discount did not reduce the price.

The discount won't show up in the cart but once you've entered the code and your zip info for shipping, look below and the total should reflect the discount.

#137 10 years ago

I did, site took me all the way to paypal for payment still no discount

#138 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Side Blades are not mirrors. Not at all that is just the name of the power coat but it's not a mirror.
    Super Wet Black & Extrem Mirror Black are very close to the same. The powered coated blades will not have the
    bight lights that a Mirror does.

Thanks for the info.

#140 10 years ago

I backed out of Paypal and put the code in again and it worked. Scroll to the bottom after you hit update and you should see the discount.

#141 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

The secret to keep your mirrors from scratching (Silk Brown Paper) in between your cabinet and play field.

Sorry for the noob question but what is silk brown paper?

#142 10 years ago

Ordered mine this morning, thanks for the discount!

#143 10 years ago

Thanks for the discount. Rocky and Bullwinkle is going to look great with these installed.

#144 10 years ago

Ordered regular side mirrors this morning for my Star Trek Pro. Thanks for the discount, hope you sold many today.

#145 10 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

Sorry for the noob question but what is silk brown paper?

No idea.

#146 10 years ago

i got some orders in this morning, buying 1 item at a time.

very excited
    great sale, i'm going to have some fun moddin' pins over the xmas holidays !!!!

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-not-buy-pinball-side-mirrors/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.