(Topic ID: 70450)

Do not buy Pinball Side Mirrors!

By wdpvideo

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2013-11-20 at 9.55.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 6.40.27 PM.png
    photo2.jpg
    1.jpg
    image-824.jpg
    image.jpg
    20130206_170619.jpg
    20130913_225344.jpg
    20130913_225425.jpg
    IMG_5120 (720x480).jpg
    IMG_5113.JPG
    IMG_5109 (720x480).jpg
    20131018_183235.jpg
    DSC09438.JPG
    DSC09439.JPG
    Tight.jpg
    There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 10 years ago

I'm going to take a guess at $70.00.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Can be risky, I badly scratched my gold ones on MM, (entirely my fault), but honestly don't even notice it anymore. How nice they make a machine look is certainly worth it though in my view, I'll be very tempted on Friday to buy some more.

would you recommend gold for MM versus regular mirrors?

thanks,
    bb

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from shawngg:

I'm going to take a guess at $70.00.

my guess is $50.00 USD

#54 10 years ago

Might need to get some black ones for TAF, but then again maybe the regular??? Hmmm.

#55 10 years ago

The secret to keep your mirrors from scratching (Silk Brown Paper) in between your cabinet and play field. FYI: Yes, you can scratch them just like you can scratch a regular mirror. Will this stop it? NO but will help allot and most cases, prevent it. Cabinets are different, the environment that the pinball machine exist is different, some are in air-conditioned controlled rooms and some are in garages hence there could be warping in a cabinet, water damage or just simple age of the machine can cause a problem. We rather you not buy the product and be happy, than buy it and make you mad (pinball is supposed to be fun, not stressful). If you feel like this is going to be a problem with your machine then please, just keep it the way you have it. It's not for everyone and we get that.

Also,
    We will give you a heads up. Our code system will NOT allow you to use both codes that we are bring out in the same order. One code for the Regular Mirrors & the other code will be for Colored Mirrors are different. There's 2 problems with this, 1 is that there is a chance that you could get one order before you get the other. 2 - That's right you have to place two orders if your ordering both. We know it sucks, but but we are trying to get the prices down so everyone can enjoy them. On Back Friday if your code doesn't work for some reason it's Ok (remember not stressful). Just e-mail us THAT DAY we will honor it at [email protected]

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

The secret to keep your mirrors from scratching (Silk Brown Paper) in between your cabinet and play field. FYI: Yes, you can scratch them just like you can scratch a regular mirror. Will this stop it? NO but will help allot and most cases, prevent it. Cabinets are different, the environment that the pinball machine exist is different, some are in air-conditioned controlled rooms and some are in garages hence there could be warping in a cabinet, water damage or just simple age of the machine can cause a problem. We rather you not buy the product and be happy, than buy it and make you mad (pinball is supposed to be fun, not stressful). If you feel like this is going to be a problem with your machine then please, just keep it the way you have it. It's not for everyone and we get that.
    Also,
    We will give you a heads up. Our code system will NOT allow you to use both codes that we are bring out in the same order. One code for the Regular Mirrors & the other code will be for Colored Mirrors are different. There's 2 problems with this, 1 is that there is a chance that you could get one order before you get the other. 2 - That's right you have to place two orders if your ordering both. We know it sucks, but but we are trying to get the prices down so everyone can enjoy them. On Back Friday if your code doesn't work for some reason it's Ok (remember not stressful). Just e-mail us THAT DAY we will honor it at [email protected]

ummmm..... ok, you rock

#57 10 years ago

Hey Marty, it was good meeting you at expo. Looking forward to the sale

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Also,

Does this mean it will charge you double shipping?

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Does this mean it will charge you double shipping?

Shipping is charge per package. Our product is shipped as an individual pair for their protection and you happiness and our stress level. The cost does get refunded is the shipping cost are more than what it cost. Or system is designed to get the best shipping quote. That's about the best we can do.

#60 10 years ago

Is it possible to send them to Europe (I only see US, Canada & Australia on your site) ?

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Hey Marty, it was good meeting you at expo. Looking forward to the sale

Yes, it was great meeting you. That is my favorite thing about Expo meeting the people. FYI: My opinion still the same. Don't bring Musketd to the booth with you, You all ways loose credit points that way Just kidding some of the coolest people hang out with Musketd, just not sure why

#62 10 years ago

Cool. Going to need some gold ones for MMR.

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from Elwood_BE:

Is it possible to send them to Europe (I only see US, Canada & Australia on your site) ?

Sorry we do not ship to Europe. We get enough complaints about shipping cost as is. Which I am not sure why as we do not control shipping in anyway. Plus, customs can be a pain the the rump for certain countries. However, I won't say we won't look into it for you. Send us an address in Europe threw an e-mail and we will check for you. However, please sit down before we send you the cost. We don't want to cause any heart attacks on here.

[email protected]

#64 10 years ago

How about blue in the Tron. Looks great in mine.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-824.jpgimage-824.jpg
    #65 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Sorry we do not ship to Europe. We get enough complaints about shipping cost as is. Which I am not sure why as we do not control shipping in anyway. Plus, customs can be a pain the the rump for certain countries. However, I won't say we won't look into it for you. Send us an address in Europe threw an e-mail and we will check for you. However, please sit down before we send you the cost. We don't want to cause any heart attacks on here.
    [email protected]

The number one problem isnt your shipping prices/qoutes its UPS/FEDEX and there customs clearing costs. To this day, I still have no idea how they get away with charging what they do.

Ive been thinking of ordering a set, any chance you would ship DHL Express? ( to Canada ) They seem to be the cheapest option.

#66 10 years ago

Any for WOZ? Light emerald Green?

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

The number one problem isnt your shipping prices/qoutes its UPS/FEDEX and there customs clearing costs. To this day, I still have no idea how they get away with charging what they do.
    Ive been thinking of ordering a set, any chance you would ship DHL Express? ( to Canada ) They seem to be the cheapest option.

We do not have DHL in our city. We do not even have a place to drop them off at so they would have to pick-up from our dock. However, I will check with the shipping dept. Hey, it does hurry to ask. I'll let you know what I find out.

#68 10 years ago

The glare protector, is that for glare from the BG to the PF or only the reverse? The description seems to indicate its for PF reflection on the BG, not the other way around. BG to PF is my issue with LOTR. Just curious because I might buy both.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Any for WOZ? Light emerald Green?

did someone post where we missed it? We have had a ton of request for theses in the past few days. I will say this. Yes, we HAD some and I know that we are working on a list to send some out if we have anymore. I can tell you there are about 10 e-mail just in the past few days, I know we do not have that many left. We have one order that someone ordered a few weeks back that is getting them first and a phone call from someone that wants a pair. After that its a ship until you run out type of thing. Honestly, I really do not know how many are left and won't know until tomorrow.

However, we will not make it threw the list. We are working on a new order but we will not post them until they are ready to ship. FYI: They are $195.00 a pair and they will show up on the website when they are available again. They went fast in Chicago, Here is a photo of them.

1.jpg1.jpg photo2.jpgphoto2.jpg
    #70 10 years ago

Hmmm. Posting to make sure I can find this thread later. And....enjoy the bump.

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

The glare protector, is that for glare from the BG to the PF or only the reverse? The description seems to indicate its for PF reflection on the BG, not the other way around. BG to PF is my issue with LOTR. Just curious because I might buy both.

This product DOES NOT knock the glare off the play field. What is does is knock the glare out of the Artwork. Here is the idea of the product.
    Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 6.40.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-13 at 6.40.27 PM.png

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

did someone post where we missed it? We have had a ton of request for theses in the past few days. I will say this. Yes, we HAD some and I know that we are working on a list to send some out if we have anymore. I can tell you there are about 10 e-mail just in the past few days, I know we do not have that many left. We have one order that someone ordered a few weeks back that is getting them first and a phone call from someone that wants a pair. After that its a ship until you run out type of thing. Honestly, I really do not know how many are left and won't know until tomorrow.
    However, we will not make it threw the list. We are working on a new order but we will not post them until they are ready to ship. FYI: They are $195.00 a pair and they will show up on the website when they are available again. They went fast in Chicago, Here is a photo of them.

Hmmm. Maybe too much green? I'd be curious to see what gold or red looks like on WOZ.

1.jpg 568 KB

photo2.jpg 562 KB

#73 10 years ago

For Thursday clarification, you are scheduling for special ordering discount code release on Thursday, November 28, that will apply only to orders placed from 12:AM CST November 29 until 12 Midnight CST November 29 effective for 24 hours. I think it is important to note the times are USA Central Standard Time.

Is this correct?

Are there going to be special ordering code prices for the backglass glare gone?

Are there going to be black Friday special prices on your Wheel of Fortune and Hulk?

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from minnesota13:

For Thursday clarification, you are scheduling for special ordering discount code release on Thursday, November 28, that will apply only to orders placed from 12:AM CST November 29 until 12 Midnight CST November 29 effective for 24 hours. I think it is important to note the times are USA Central Standard Time.
    Is this correct?
    Are there going to be special ordering code prices for the backglass glare gone?
    Are there going to be black Friday special prices on your Wheel of Fortune and Hulk?

1st question - YES
    2nd question - NO
    3rd question - You know better than to ask this question! so stop it!

#75 10 years ago

Sorry guys we have a comedian in the bunch. (Minnesota13) Oh I can be funny too.
    Hey Minnesota13 your speaker panel for the WOZ powered coat just burned up in the oven.
    Sorry I had to go to lunch and I forgot about it. OOPS

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

I have Firepower, F-14, Demolition Man, and Sorcerer. Worth getting blades for these? F-14 is full LEDs.

I just reread what I posted. What I really should have asked is what blades do you recommend for these machines? Regular? Colored?

One last question, I know a buddy of mine would love these on his X-Files. Again, regular or colored would look better?

#77 10 years ago

X-files is Sega, would any of these fit?

#78 10 years ago

Which are best for STTNG?

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

X-files is Sega, would any of these fit?

No we do not do Sega. Sorry

Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Which are best for STTNG?

We do not recommend colors or regular mirrors. They are a preference.

#80 10 years ago

The shipping thing really sucks. I wanted to pick up 4 sets, so I have to pay four times the shipping? Or do you refund the other three shipping payments?

#81 10 years ago

Hey, we just did a count and have 3 more Green left. Could be a very long time before we redo green. You will need to e-mail us at [email protected] if you want a pair. They are $195.00 each + shipping theses are not cover by the sale coming up. We will fill the orders 1st come 1st served. Once the three are gone, I will post again. There might be some at the Texas show as we already have product in Texas and ready to go. We are not sure though, I'll make a call tomorrow and see if there were any on the truck that went down. I'll let you know...

Thank you

#82 10 years ago

I would also be in for DHL to Canada, second choice would be FedEx (UPS gouges on their 'brokerage' fee).

While on the subject of shipping, I read above that you will be shipping the colors separate from the regular ( ) - but in that case would you ship say 2 sets of colors/regular together? Just trying to keep the shipping (hence over all) costs down here to Canada. That being said, do you have a rough idea of the cost?

Now a final question, I noticed on the web site that the type is broken down by brand, would I assume there is no difference between say a Williams DMD machine vs. as System 11 (that is to say the Williams ones should fit 'most' Williams machines)?

Thanks,
    Tim

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from LongJohns:

I would also be in for DHL to Canada, second choice would be FedEx (UPS gouges on their 'brokerage' fee).
    While on the subject of shipping, I read above that you will be shipping the colors separate from the regular ( ) - but in that case would you ship say 2 sets of colors/regular together? Just trying to keep the shipping (hence over all) costs down here to Canada. That being said, do you have a rough idea of the cost?
    Now a final question, I noticed on the web site that the type is broken down by brand, would I assume there is no difference between say a Williams DMD machine vs. as System 11 (that is to say the Williams ones should fit 'most' Williams machines)?
    Thanks,
    Tim

We can package 2 sets in one box, That is the most that will fit. So, on Canada orders that's about the best we can do. We do not use UPS into Canada it's to high. We are checking into DHL or shipping manager will be back to work today and we will look into it as soon as we can. We are also checking about writing the code into the site. It's not just about pick-up. Our website is set-up to keep up with orders as most are. We will get an answer soon for our friends above. Please ask about Williams machines as they will not fix the older units. Things like TOM/TWZ/FH/CFTBL and some like that. CFTBL is different and needs to be pointed out to us.

#84 10 years ago

I also told you guys I would keep you posted on the WOZ green we have left. We are showing 1 pair left in house.

#85 10 years ago

Just to clarify as we have gotten a few e-mails. The codes will be out Thursday the 28th Thanksgiving, We are thankful for our customers and will be giving them a price break.

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

would you recommend gold for MM versus regular mirrors?
    thanks,
    bb

Yes I would, any of the games with gold habitrails look best with gold mirror blades IMO.

#87 10 years ago

Well, the verdict is in and it not good for Canada. We
    checked into DHL on shipping our product into Canada. We do our home work so
    there are many factors that come into play. However, FedEx is much cheaper it's just expensive
    to ship to Canada. Based on the rates we get threw FedEx they are cheaper. Also we found that DHL
    is like pulling teeth to get them to paying claims if the product gets damaged. Sorry please do not hold it against us as we do not control shipping.

#88 10 years ago

How tight is the WoZ playfield fit for these mirrors?

#89 10 years ago

We have put them in 4 units and they fit great.

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Well, the verdict is in and it not good for Canada. We
    checked into DHL on shipping our product into Canada. We do our home work so
    there are many factors that come into play. However, FedEx is much cheaper it's just expensive
    to ship to Canada. Based on the rates we get threw FedEx they are cheaper. Also we found that DHL
    is like pulling teeth to get them to paying claims if the product gets damaged. Sorry please do not hold it against us as we do not control shipping.

Ok, thank you for checking and just wondering what the 'ball park' shipping price is?

#91 10 years ago

You can go the the website put the items your thinking about buying in the cart and enter your address and the site will give you a head up.

#92 10 years ago

Do you think there is room for 1/16 felt as well as the mirrors?
    sorry for the bold type no idea why it just started doing that?

#93 10 years ago

You can if that's what you choose. I would speak with people who had done that. We have and we do not recommend. We are working on two new videos that hopefully will be out in the next few weeks. We are going to show why it's not a good idea. However, that is our take on it. It's your machine and you can do what you want to,to it. We will be putting out a video on Stern Installation & Williams Installation. They won't be out until 2 or 3 weeks after
    Thanksgiving.

#94 10 years ago
    Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Do you think there is room for 1/16 felt as well as the mirrors?
    sorry for the bold type no idea why it just started doing that?

The problem with the felt is you have to stick it to the sides of the playfield. If one piece comes loose while your raising or lowering the playfield then your get adhesive all over the mirror blades.
    I raise mine up really slow and it works out. I have one scratch that cant be see unless the playfields up. this happened before I started going slow. Just be careful and it will be ok.

#95 10 years ago

ok, got it, pls add me to the sale for 1 set of chrome mirrors for the Woz.

no felt as per recommendation.

thanks,

jeff

#96 10 years ago

couple of questions:

1) would anyone recommend I sand down the inner-sides of the cabinet, and even some of the playfield sides prior to installing mirrors, in order to lower chances of future scratches?

2) if (answer=="yes")
    …….{ is there a particular electric sander & paper-grain you'd recommend I ask Santa Clause for? }

thx,
    bb

#97 10 years ago

couple of questions:
    1) would anyone recommend I sand down the inner-sides of the cabinet, and even some of the playfield sides prior to installing mirrors, in order to lower chances of future scratches?
    2) if (answer=="yes")
    …….{ is there a particular electric sander & paper-grain you'd recommend I ask Santa Clause for? }
    thx,
    bb

I am not sure about that. Some people freak out over 3 screws in the cabinet. (Below the play field out of sight) I am sure if the manufacture would have done it then it would've been okay.

Screen Shot 2013-11-20 at 9.55.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-20 at 9.55.36 PM.png

#98 10 years ago

If the boxes are the same size you can just tape the boxes together. The shipping is considerably cheaper that way. I bought my blades at expo so I don't have to worry about shipping.

#99 10 years ago

couple of questions:
    2) if (answer=="yes")
    thx,
    bb

Is the cab empty, pf out?

#100 10 years ago

Ok, I won't

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-not-buy-pinball-side-mirrors/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.