Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

71E14429-25BF-4294-A2C9-EF0D80CAD738 (resized).jpeg
    FTO0EbpVIAEFYSI (resized).jpg
    IMG_9427 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9428 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9426 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9425 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9424 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    070C4AC9-6537-493D-B98F-CD8517AC0D4B (resized).jpeg
    6CF23651-2C99-4057-821F-AF66559E9965 (resized).jpeg
    3FA3D4FA-BD0B-4BB5-BAC5-63DD32B4E41B (resized).jpeg
    There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

I bought some blades for my JP premium for around 90$ from this company. When me and a friend opened them up to put on , he said “you can’t put those on, there are awful”. The prints were terrible. Some of the images they used were blurry and low res. I wrote them and complained and sent pics and they said there are nothing wrong with those prints. He said post on pinside and see what they think. So here it is. Look at the jeep and the gate as compared to the graphics on the machine itself. The images are horrible. Please let me know what you think so I can send back to him.

070C4AC9-6537-493D-B98F-CD8517AC0D4B (resized).jpeg070C4AC9-6537-493D-B98F-CD8517AC0D4B (resized).jpeg3FA3D4FA-BD0B-4BB5-BAC5-63DD32B4E41B (resized).jpeg3FA3D4FA-BD0B-4BB5-BAC5-63DD32B4E41B (resized).jpeg6CF23651-2C99-4057-821F-AF66559E9965 (resized).jpeg6CF23651-2C99-4057-821F-AF66559E9965 (resized).jpeg
    #2 1 year ago

I think once they are in the game and you are playing, your friends will not notice

#3 1 year ago

I think the Crap artwork on the game looks better.

#4 1 year ago

I’ll notice every time though.

#5 1 year ago

not blurry to me but saturation appears poor... the pristine white jeep in the middle of a jungle is a bit cheesy looking.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from therexershow:

I bought some blades for my JP premium for around 90$ from this company. When me and a friend opened them up to put on , he said “you can’t put those on, there are awful”. The prints were terrible. Some of the images they used were blurry and low res. I wrote them and complained and sent pics and they said there are nothing wrong with those prints. He said post on pinside and see what they think. So here it is. Look at the jeep and the gate as compared to the graphics on the machine itself. The images are horrible. Please let me know what you think so I can send back to him.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m sure the photos don’t translate well what you’re seeing in real life. I had the same experience with a set of cabinet decals and had the exact same reaction - they were so bad they were unusable. Given their return policy, it was sadly just an expensive lesson learned.

#7 1 year ago

Very similar experience with a set of Dirty Harry cabinet decals. Terrible quality, low resolution, poor colour matching, blurry images with no detail.

Received a similar reply after complaining, even went as far as stating "where else are you going to find a set of Dirty Harry cabinet decals". He knows he's selling shit quality products and doesn't care. The website leaves you feeling you've just bought a quality product.

NEVER EVER ORDER FROM RETRO REFURBS. No matter how badly you want to improve your game or think the price is reasonable. What you receive, will disappoint and annoy you.

#8 1 year ago

Mine have the blue background but look much better.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #9 1 year ago

Are you worried about the quality of the art itself or a flaw in the printing? The 'art' looks more like a quick photo shop copy paste job. I wouldn't have spent $90 on those to start.

#10 1 year ago

You saw it before you bought. Most pinball aftermarket stuff has cheesy bad art. I kind of like those. It is shitty that a company won’t take a return tho

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

Very similar experience with a set of Dirty Harry cabinet decals. Terrible quality, low resolution, poor colour matching, blurry images with no detail.
    Received a similar reply after complaining, even went as far as stating "where else are you going to find a set of Dirty Harry cabinet decals". He knows he's selling shit quality products and doesn't care. The website leaves you feeling you've just bought a quality product.
    NEVER EVER ORDER FROM RETRO REFURBS. No matter how badly you want to improve your game or think the price is reasonable. What you receive, will disappoint and annoy you.

Isn’t there a massive thread here about Retro Refurbs and his endlessly shitty business practices?
    The guy had some hard-to-find decals, but he just doesn’t care and quality is a gamble. Pretty sure this is the guy who prints out of a foreign country from his own just to avoid the lawsuits from Planetary Pinball.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-retro-refurbs-retrorefurbscom-

#12 1 year ago

Any decent company should take returns for any reason you’re not satisfied.

#13 1 year ago

Get the real Stern ones. IDK why people mess around with this 3rd party garbage

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I agree that the Stern blades are what I always get. In the case of Stern JP, the ones they offer are a bit lackluster. Only the LE got cool blades. Only option for non LE is the giant dino eye blades.

#15 1 year ago

As with most Retro Refurb products the "art" itself looks bad. The actual print seems acceptable from that I can see in the pictures. Not great, but acceptable.

#16 1 year ago

Trash those, and consider it water under the bridge. Buy a set of Stern blades, or from Tilt Graphics, I've always been happy with either of those.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

Are you worried about the quality of the art itself or a flaw in the printing? The 'art' looks more like a quick photo shop copy paste job. I wouldn't have spent $90 on those to start.

From the pictures online , I was happy with design and the appearance in their pics. But when got them certain images were low resolution .

#18 1 year ago

Trash those, and consider it water under the bridge. Buy a set of Stern blades, or from Tilt Graphics, I've always been happy with either of those.</blockquote

Thanks. I’ll look at tilt. I didn’t like Sterns Blades because they didn’t match the premium design.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from spidey:

Mine have the blue background but look much better.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get yours from and how come they look so much better ?

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Only because I didn’t like the stern design for premium. It didn’t match well.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Idk, I've had great products from tilt graphics and pingraffix

#22 1 year ago

The Tilt Graphics ones are top notch.

#23 1 year ago

That sucks, I JUST received my Godzilla translite from them and its awesome.

#24 1 year ago

From the pictures online , I was happy with design and the appearance in their pics. But when got them certain images were low resolution .

Thats what happens when you fire up photoshop and poorly cobble together various pictures from a multitude of sources

Only because I didn’t like the stern design for premium. It didn’t match well.

You think THESE match well though? I do agree that the Stern ones look kinda bad too.

#25 1 year ago

I can recommend wizmods, very good quality art blades and good pricing. I got my stranger thing blades from them.
    https://wizardmod.com/collections/wizblades-pinball-blades

I will note that if you are in the US they come from overseas and take about 10 days to get to you.

#26 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well these look absolutely fantastic! The art style isn't exactly the same but you would only get that from the original artist who did the playfield.

I've bought many times from Retro Refurbs as well as other European suppliers and some US ones. Quality is pretty standard across the board but I do think Retro's materials are the best, and I always prefer them. Haven't had a single bad experience, only once had shipping damage but that was resolved quickly with a replacement.

Avoid Pinball Center out of Germany at all costs. Terrible! But Retro gets my vote for sure, so really not sure what the point of this thread is? You've shown a great quality product with a complaint about resolution??

Go to the JP owners thread on here and you will see many people have these installed in their game, and the blue ones as well posted above.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Isn’t there a massive thread here about Retro Refurbs and his endlessly shitty business practices?
    The guy had some hard-to-find decals, but he just doesn’t care and quality is a gamble. Pretty sure this is the guy who prints out of a foreign country from his own just to avoid the lawsuits from Planetary Pinball.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-retro-refurbs-retrorefurbscom-

LOL. The guy who posted that thread got absolutely owned with downvotes did he not? Think everyone agreed his demands were far beyond unreasonable.

#28 1 year ago

I bought Batman 66 blades and I am really satisfied.They were the pattern I preferred and the only ones who offered it.

#29 1 year ago

Where did you get yours from and how come they look so much better ?

Mine are also retro refurbs but I bought them 2 years ago.

#30 1 year ago

Looks fine to me man. I figured you had been around here for less than a couple years. Considering half the pinball machines on planet earth have horrible artwork you can't be too picky.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

The Tilt Graphics ones are top notch.

Tilt is amazing

#32 1 year ago

For what it's worth, Stern's Stranger Things art blades aren't very high resolution either.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ripper:

LOL. The guy who posted that thread got absolutely owned with downvotes did he not? Think everyone agreed his demands were far beyond unreasonable.

I noticed you’ve downvoted anyone in this thread who had bad experiences or calls out Retro Refurbs for their poor and low-quality products. You also slam other suppliers and promote RR in several other threads as well.

Being his shill on Pinside is kinda embarrassing, dude.
    Enjoy your blurry/pixelated, off-colored side blades.

Note: Ripper has been on Pinside 4 years and yet a majority of his posts are promoting Retro Refurbs, or downvoting and attacking anyone who has an issue with them.
    Suspicious behavior. Probably a sock account

#34 1 year ago

Quite a confusing topic. The photos posted show good print quality, at least to my eyes. Similar good reviews in other topics on here.

Just had a look on their site and they have at least 7 different styles of blades for Jurassic Park - https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=jurassic+park&post_type=product

Surely the art style is down to personal choice and not RR's fault?

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I noticed you’ve downvoted anyone in this thread who had bad experiences or calls out Retro Refurbs for their poor and low-quality products. You also slam other suppliers and promote RR in several other threads as well.
    Being his shill on Pinside is kinda embarrassing, dude.
    Enjoy your blurry/pixelated, off-colored side blades.
    Note: Ripper has been on Pinside 4 years and yet a majority of his posts are promoting Retro Refurbs, or downvoting and attacking anyone who has an issue with them.
    Suspicious behavior. Probably a sock account

I'd shill for any company that delivers a good product. One thing I dislike about this place is the constant negativity when someone has a problem with something they've bought, but you don't see a constant stream of positive reviews from happy customers, probably because they have no reason to go make posts.

I have bought from (and recommend)

Retro Refurbs
    Wizard Mods
    Flyland Designs
    Pinball Decals EU
    CPR

All great suppliers and would happily use them all. Been burned many times from the likes of Pinball Center and Classive Arcades though.

#36 1 year ago

I too shall cry a river at this injustice.

#37 1 year ago

Comparing to the pin doesn't seem fair. I just looked on the website and I don't see anything that is misleading. These look exactly like what I would expect. I personally wouldn't buy them, I don't think they look worth the money. I have nothing against Retro Refurbs but they are not Aurich.

#38 1 year ago

I've personally bought from them and while I'm good with what the translite looks like, there's a bit of bad resolution. Overall I love the ST season 3 translite I got but not perfect image quality. For me definitely not bad though.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Comparing to the pin doesn't seem fair. I just looked on the website and I don't see anything that is misleading. These look exactly like what I would expect. I personally wouldn't buy them, I don't think they look worth the money. I have nothing against Retro Refurbs but they are not Aurich.

The challenge here is that all the images appear high resolution on the website but what you receive varies based on the print quality. My TSPP cabinet decals (i thought) were unusable. The quality of the vinyl was fine, but the print quality was poor (blurry and the colors were off) and is no way representative of the image on the website. I’m not saying they produce bad products, but I personally had a poor experience with them across the board and would not recommend them fwiw.

#40 1 year ago

Will add, clearly making money is a bigger priority than customer satisfaction otherwise they would QA products before they go out (and if they do, they do a very poor job of it). Everyone has a business model - there’s just doesn’t involve customer retention. It is what it is.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from matlynch91:

The challenge here is that all the images appear high resolution on the website but what you receive varies based on the print quality. My TSPP cabinet decals (i thought) were unusable. The quality of the vinyl was fine, but the print quality was poor (blurry and the colors were off) and is no way representative of the image on the website. I’m not saying they produce bad products, but I personally had a poor experience with them across the board and would not recommend them fwiw.

I don't know where you are looking at the website all the pictures I could find where very small. I didn't find any wording or description that mentioned the resolution or printing specification. Lots of sites love the to use language like HD Decals but I didn't see any of that. I don't think they look amazing but they look comparable to the pictures I found on the website.

#42 1 year ago

I wrote them and complained and sent pics and they said there are nothing wrong with those prints. He said post on pinside and see what they think. So here it is.

Lol.. what a crazy response. I guess we should start a top 100 for them or something?

#43 1 year ago

Any advertising is good advertising...
    Looking like Retro R is getting a lot of hits to his site

#44 1 year ago

Here's some I bought from them a few weeks ago but haven't fitted yet therexershow

Really happy with them.

IMG_9424 (resized).jpegIMG_9424 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9425 (resized).jpegIMG_9425 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9426 (resized).jpegIMG_9426 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9427 (resized).jpegIMG_9427 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9428 (resized).jpegIMG_9428 (resized).jpeg

#45 1 year ago

When they get good artwork, it's obvious they can print good quality decals. Unfortunately, they don't disclose when the art they have is bad. Everything on their website looks nice, but not all of it is, and you can only find out one way, and that way provides no opportunity for a return/refund. Poor business practices, indicate a shady company.

#46 1 year ago

They are outright thieves and have been for a long time. Fuck that dude.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dansur:

Here's some I bought from them a few weeks ago but haven't fitted yet therexershow
    Really happy with them.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Yours look pretty good. Wish mine looked like that.

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

Lol.. what a crazy response. I guess we should start a top 100 for them or something?

He also said “I’m not giving you a refund or rebate but here’s a code for 20 percent off your next order. Lol.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I don't know where you are looking at the website all the pictures I could find where very small. I didn't find any wording or description that mentioned the resolution or printing specification. Lots of sites love the to use language like HD Decals but I didn't see any of that. I don't think they look amazing but they look comparable to the pictures I found on the website.

In person they look even worse then the pics , my friend who uses tilt and has side blades said these are awful. He said get your money back. Immediately. He didn’t even think about it or look twice.

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ripper:

Well these look absolutely fantastic! The art style isn't exactly the same but you would only get that from the original artist who did the playfield.
    I've bought many times from Retro Refurbs as well as other European suppliers and some US ones. Quality is pretty standard across the board but I do think Retro's materials are the best, and I always prefer them. Haven't had a single bad experience, only once had shipping damage but that was resolved quickly with a replacement.
    Avoid Pinball Center out of Germany at all costs. Terrible! But Retro gets my vote for sure, so really not sure what the point of this thread is? You've shown a great quality product with a complaint about resolution??
    Go to the JP owners thread on here and you will see many people have these installed in their game, and the blue ones as well posted above.

Since you like them so much I’m happy to sell you mine , brand new at half off $40. If they are so good you can resell them at $80 plus , I’ll even pay for shipping to you. I personally couldn’t screw someone over like that but here’s my email [email protected] I’ll wait for your email.

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-not-buy-from-retro-refurbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.