8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by wesperron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TMYK.jpeg
    AAwithLeads.jpg

#1 8 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/product.asp?ic=RBM

I see so many posts on Battery acid issues so it makes me wonder if many spend the little extra and install these. I think they are very smart. Maybe their is something I don't know though. I have it on my TOM and my upcoming SS. I also had it on my MB.

#2 8 years ago

Normally I just solder my own wires onto the circuit board and mount a similar holder off to the side.
    Many of the times with older machines there is corrosion on or under the holder on the PCB I want to clean up.

#3 8 years ago

I think it's a very good thing to do.
    I bought one and I'm having trouble. I can't get it to work. I stuck the wooden dowels in every way possible and it don't work. Must be me. I feel like an idiot but I asked a friend to take a look and he put it in 4 ways and it didn't work. Brand new batteries. In correctly. Was it made wrong? I'm going crazy with it. I'll look at it again tonight for a 3rd time.

#4 8 years ago

I bought one for all my machines a while back. It's better to be safe than sorry.

#5 8 years ago

I use a 4 slot REMOTE mounted battery pack with a diode on my games. Easy to install, and gives me piece of mind

Looks like this but with a diode installed as well....

AAwithLeads.jpg

#6 8 years ago

Radio Shack has 3 battery AAA holders; they also have the 4 battery. The problem is you get 6VDC with 4 AA or AAA batteries. 3 give you 4.5VDC (appropriate for the Williams boards). I have always used the rechargeable battery packs you get for cordless phones for Bally boards. They are available almost anywhere and they are 3.5VDC like the original NICAD pack batteries. Like BD, I either solder on my own remote wiring connector (with a quick disconnect) or I install a two pin cage terminal block.

I do mine 100% of the time. I never leave the batteries on the board. I think that was one of the worst design ideas the original manufacturers had. In fact, the first thing I do when I get a machine is remove the battery. 2nd thing, throw away the pinball (unless it’s brand new) and install a new one.

G

#7 8 years ago

The diode is something I forgot to mention. Always include one like tomdotcom said. You never know how drunk or complacent you might be when installing new batteries and put one or more in the wrong direction. A simple 1N4004 works just fine like on your coils.

#8 8 years ago

You never know how drunk or complacent you might be when installing new batteries and put one or more in the wrong direction.

TMYK.jpeg

Thanks BD!!!

#9 8 years ago

I have also seen battery holders that terminate in a 9V battery connector. Then they just solder another 9V battery connector to the board, and clip the two together. I guess this allows you to easily disconnect the batteries if you have to remove the board afterwards? (that would be my guess.)

Oh I see Glilly mentions this. whoops.

#10 8 years ago

ebay.com link

This is what is on the way to my machine, I'll come up with my own wires lol.

#11 8 years ago

I do my own, my older machines I've converted over to coin cell lithiums. I may swap them over the capacitors instead.

Not sure yet what I'll do with my White Water.

-Hans

#12 8 years ago

Here are some good instructions for dummies like me...

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/battery.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 32.00
    $ 26.95
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet Parts
    PinBoltCaps
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside