Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DefaultGen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

notexpiredohno.png
    expiry.png

#1 8 years ago

My market ad has been expired for a week but still appears to be active in every way. The "end this listing page" seems to imply I can renew my ad, but that doesn't seem possible or necessary. Do expired ads actually mean anything or was this not implemented?

#2 8 years ago

Your ad blocker might be hiding the renew button.

1 week later
    #3 8 years ago

I have renamed these buttons hoping they would now no longer get blocked by ad blockers. If anyone who was experiencing this issue could verify wether it's fixed that would be great. I'm also interested to hear which ad blockers are/were giving problems on Pinside so I can test against them.

#4 8 years ago

I disabled mine on pinside. no sense.

#5 8 years ago

I disabled my ad blocker but still think there's a bug or it's hard to understand expiration. I click my ad, it says it expired a couple weeks ago:

expiry.pngexpiry.png

I click "No longer for sale? Please end this ad listing." since that looks like how I'm supposed to renew the ad. I say it hasn't sold, but then it says my ad hasn't expired:

notexpiredohno.pngnotexpiredohno.png

#6 8 years ago

Thank you DefaultGen for the screen captures.

// Error: Image 412623 not found // // Error: Image 412624 not found //
    #7 8 years ago

The system process that monitors expired ads is stuck on an error, I'm looking into this issue as we speak. It's not just you but affecting over 500 ads. Glad you filed a bug! Stay tuned.

#8 8 years ago

I managed to give the queue a kick and it should be running again. Also found the bug that caused it to get stuck and fixed that.

The only downside is that no notifications went out about the ads expiring. So people will find out when placing a new ad (or by checking their market page section in my Pinside) that they have expired ads.

Let me know if you're running into any other issues. Questions? Ask!

#9 8 years ago

Looks all good now, great

#10 8 years ago

Robin, when I go to the forum on for sale ads, it won't give me the option to go to the next page. I was also looking at the ratings page and that seemed a little messed as well (ratings not showing). Anyone else having this problem?

#11 8 years ago

Please file new bug posts for this Gusphan. Otherwise it is easy to lose track when bug "B" and "C" get lumped in with a bug post for "A".

If possible, include screen shots. It helps.

#12 8 years ago

OP considers this bug fixed; marking as "Resolved". OP, feel free to un-resolve this if it creeps up again.

2 months later
    #13 8 years ago

It looks like this is happening again with the same ad

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/18939

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-market-ads-expire-not-sure-if-bug-or-i-dont-understand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.