7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Robo1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robo1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Do magnets go bad? Is there a way to test them? I have a Theatre of Magic and one is causing problems, its not clear to me if there are diodes to check or the magnets themselves.

#4 7 years ago

Taxman, Thanks. Last week i blew a fuse on the f104 for the right drain magnet, replaced the fuse, and preceeded to check the right drain....which to my surprise wasnt working ( a bad tip36c) so thats sorted, but the right magnet is blowing the 3Amp slow blow, i tested it with a higher fuse and it worked fine, so i was thinking that i may be the right magnet may be on its way out........ I certainly dont want to use the wrong fuse and risk damaging the board.

#7 7 years ago

I just realized I wrote the last reply wrong, the left magnet transistor was out.... Thats an easy fix. Its just the right one is strange because its not burnt, does function but blows fuses...I must add that I hadnt opened up the game in months. I am not quite certain how the magnet board works,so maybe there is a component on there that is on its way out too?

#10 7 years ago

I will check and see, thanks. I just replaced the tip36c for the left magnet and its totally back in order.... now just to figure out the right one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robo1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-magnets-go-bad?tu=Robo1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.