Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by gdonovan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 days ago

I’m hopefully getting a GZ premium soon and I was wondering if Stern modifies their machines between runs if something is commonly considered to be problematic (like the shooter lane issue).

#2 2 days ago

Sometimes.

But mostly not.

Most of the problems reported affect a very small number of games, and a manufacturing change might not be necessary.

Star Wars Pro, the spotlight LED lamps come loose very easily. It's a small thing, maybe only my machine out of all the machines out there has this problem. Might not be worth making a manufacturing change for my issue.

You could email Stern at parts.service, and ask them if a manufacturing change was put into place for your specific concern.

#3 2 days ago
Quoted from Erich0:

I’m hopefully getting a GZ premium soon and I was wondering if Stern modifies their machines between runs if something is commonly considered to be problematic (like the shooter lane issue).

Rarely. Very rarely.

#4 2 days ago

Don't hold your breath.

#5 2 days ago

If they did make a change, like with the rush scoops, they're gonna implement it as soon as it's ready, not wait for another run

#6 2 days ago

Yes they make little tweaks from the initial run. I know the mini loop on Iron Maiden changed a bit (some have a metal protector back there and some don't). There's also little stuff like ball trap prevention tweaks.

But most games are generally the same, besides maybe small tweaks. And Stern will give you this stuff if you go through the distributor.

As an aside, ACDC is a nightmare to keep track of all the little changes they made to that game over the years...

#7 2 days ago

They did change the under the bridge plastic between runs.

#8 2 days ago

I thing Trek changed to LED lights on the later runs, it was something Stern advertised.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fleetwood, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!