(Topic ID: 225476)

Do LED displays need a working +/- 100v?

By erico201

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by erico201
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys!

I just picked up a Road Kings and it has a display issue. None of the 5 displays (2 alpha, 2 numeric, 1 credit/match) work. I swapped the power supply from my Pharaoh and three displays now work. I then swapped the non-working displays to the working positions and that proved they were in fact dead. Checked the high voltage section of the original power supply and it is missing the -100v.

I was originally gonna just buy two glasses and then rebuild the power supply but started thinking I might be better off just buying a PinScore LED set or xPin LED set.

My question is do I need to still rebuild the 100v section of the power supply? I know these LED displays only need 5v and I have tested that (it has 5.01v) so it’s good! Just don’t know if the LED displays still need the 100v for some other use.

Thanks guys!
    Eric

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-led-displays-need-a-working-100v?hl=pilgrim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.