Topic poll

“Do I sell or keep MNF?”

• Sell it 15 votes
    79%
  • Keep it 4 votes
    21%

(19 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Here is a description. I bought this game and it was in a non working state. I found the main problems was a smoked coil and a bad mpu. I have since replaced the mpu with another one. Replaced the coil. And now the game plays. It’s beat up pretty bad. I have since looked for parts for the game and plastics but cannot find anything for it. So do I sell it as it is working? Or do I sell it with the mpu that needs fixed. Thanks in advance.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Here is a description. I bought this game and it was in a non working state. I found the main problems was a smoked coil and a bad mpu. I have since replaced the mpu with another one. Replaced the coil. And now the game plays. It’s beat up pretty bad. I have since looked for parts for the game and plastics but cannot find anything for it. So do I sell it as it is working? Or do I sell it with the mpu that needs fixed. Thanks in advance.

Two prices. One with the mpu, and one without. That way the buyer has the option.

#3 5 years ago

Parts are hard to find for MNF. It took me a while to find the ramp decal. I really enjoy mine for me it is a keeper. We like to compete on pinball crue evenings score times football points.
If you have past your frustration threshold, I would think a working beater game would be the way to sell it.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

It's a horrible game and should not be part of any collection. How about $300?

#5 5 years ago

Fairly sure Mayfair had a plastics set at their booth at Pintastic New England last year....might be worth reaching out to them.

#6 5 years ago

Played it for the first time at TPF. Had a 45 minute game. Shots are very repetitive. Start multiball, shoot jackpots, drain down to one, repeat.

I like it, but have no desire to play it again after that.

1 week later
#7 5 years ago

I think the game is great, especially for an older game. It’s perfect for those nights when you just want a quick fix. Hitting multiple ramp shots in a row opens up the Super Bomb, which I find to be a tough shot on a timer for 1 million points. “B O M B, shoooot the bomb!” The music is midi-fantastic. It sounds like the Hendrix version of the Star Spangled Banner when you press the start button for multiple players.

I brought the game to the school that I teach at and everyone is having a great time with it when we can sneak away to the Teacher lounge!

#8 5 years ago

I just wish there was a playfield overlay for the game. I’ve noticed that a lot of people have replaced the ramp, but it looks strange because the play fields are almost always faded.

If anyone knows of a replacement that I’m not aware of, I would love to hear about it! I heard that CPR might be looking for rare/less popular playfields to print when they get their new printer online. I would be delighted to send mine in as a model if it meant that we could replace them in the future.

#9 5 years ago

It’s sold! Happy new owner for it.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

It’s sold! Happy new owner for it.

Congrats, I am in a similar situation. Fixed one up enough to get it fully working (fix power supply, new LED, new LED display, a couple coils, etc. Like you, plays fine but needs more cosmetic love than I have available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-i-sell-or-keep-mnf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.