(Topic ID: 263597)

Do I own the Greatest Of All Time GOAT Collection Of All Time?

By cooked71

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Is this collection the GOATGOATCOAT?”

• Yes 18 votes
    11%
  • No 117 votes
    75%
  • I’m a 90’s Bally Williams snob 22 votes
    14%

(157 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ppeljj (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DSCN5496 (resized).JPG
DSCN5502 (resized).JPG
goat.jpg
header (resized).jpg
9E355E0F-7C03-42EE-8CFE-6BEEB8A4D47C (resized).jpeg

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

So iceman44 ‘s “all time Greatest Of All Time” thread got me all excited and thinking maybe I in fact own the “Greatest Of All Time GOAT Collection Of All Time”

AKA the GOATGOATCOAT!

9E355E0F-7C03-42EE-8CFE-6BEEB8A4D47C (resized).jpeg9E355E0F-7C03-42EE-8CFE-6BEEB8A4D47C (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

Nice!
So which is your go to machine?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So iceman44 ‘s “all time Greatest Of All Time” thread got me all excited and thinking maybe I in fact own the “Greatest Of All Time GOAT Collection Of All Time”
AKA the GOATGOATCOAT![quoted image]

Awesome collection, but it's hard to say the greatest of all time. I have personally seen collections of 50+ pins that are stunning.

I'm hoping to have a collection of over 100 some day (FYI: this is a pipe dream. It will NEVER happen)

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Nice!

Changes all the time DrDQ ..at the moment it’s JP2. I tend to get hooked on one game and play it to death then move on to another. I still contend that overall JP2 is the best game I own.

Quoted from Daditude:

Awesome collection, but it's hard to say the greatest of all time. I have personally seen collections of 50+ pins that are stunning.
I'm hoping to have a collection of over 100 some day (FYI: this is a pipe dream. It will NEVER happen)

Yeh, I’ve got a few more at work, but this about the max I can fit at home (sometimes squeeze one more in that room). Of course the more the merrier. Thread was meant as a bit of a joke, but for a five game collection, I reckon this is hard to beat.

And of course I’m right, because it’s my collection lol

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Changes all the time drdq ..at the moment it’s JP2. I tend to get hooked on one game and play it to death then move on to another. I still contend that overall JP2 is the best game I own.

Yeh, I’ve got a few more at work, but this about the max I can fit at home (sometimes squeeze one more in that room). Of course the more the merrier. Thread was meant as a bit of a joke, but for a five game collection, I reckon this is hard to beat.
And of course I’m right, because it’s my collection lol

I will admit that is probably the best 5 game collection I have ever seen.

#7 4 years ago

Fighting words @wolfmancat

#8 4 years ago

No sys11s, no EMs, not even close

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

#10 4 years ago

It is easier than one might think...about at 50, they start finding you.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Nice!

They’re all goat to games

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

No sys11s, no EMs, not even close

Greatest of ALL Time , not Greatest of Antique Times.

#13 4 years ago

You are missing 1

header (resized).jpgheader (resized).jpg
#14 4 years ago

If only there was a BM66LE in there

#15 4 years ago

Quoted from Macca101010:If only there was a BM66LE in there

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Greatest of ALL Time , not Greatest of Antique Times.

Wow, took you 30 minutes to come up with that zinger
:p

#17 4 years ago

I think this guy (that i know) has a GOATer one! Sorry

http://www.pinballowners.com/guillaumix

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Wow, took you 30 minutes to come up with that zinger
:p

Sorry PopBumperPete was busy playing my GOATGOATCOAT .

#19 4 years ago

If we go for a 6 pin collection, I got Central Park, Pinbot, Bride of Pinbot, South Park, Family Guy, Monster Bash Remake LE. Classic wedge head Animated backglass Gottlieb? Check. Classic System 11 By Barry Oursler? Check. Classic early WPC Blow up doll designed by a pedophile? Check. Two of the rudest Sega and Stern Whitestar and S.A.M. Machines on the planet (farts, puke, and actual shit on the play field, and poop in a toilet), one by Joe Kamikow, the other By Pat Lawlor? Check, Check, Check, and Check. Newest Limited Edition CGC remake of one of the last Classic 90’s B/W with updated dots, topper, bells and whistles, designed by George Gomez and coded by Lyman Sheets Jr? Check, Check, Check, Check, Check, Check, Check, and Check.

Ok, now that we got the ego stroking out of the way, I ask you just what kind of GOAT collection doesn’t cover the entire broad history of the game?

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

AKA the GOATGOATCOAT![quoted image]

I recently was lucky enough to play metallica, iron maiden and afmr standing next to each other, and would never dream of taking met or imd over afm.
The difference is miles apart.

Your collection is nice.

#22 4 years ago

Do you own the GOAT collection... No. Do you own your GOAT collection? Yes! It's not about wanting what others want, it's about having/playing what YOU like.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Do you own the GOAT collection... No. Do you own your GOAT collection? Yes! It's not about wanting what others want, it's about having/playing what YOU like.

And that’s the moral of the story.

Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, now that we got the ego stroking out of the way, I ask you just what kind of GOAT collection doesn’t cover the entire broad history of the game?

Here’s a question....is it better to have a collection of GOATS or a GOAT collection?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And that’s the moral of the story.

Here’s a question....is it better to have a collection of GOATS or a GOAT collection?

Why not both?

#25 4 years ago

It’s a nice collection, but no GOAT.

#26 4 years ago

Nice try, but I own the pinball GOAT - literally (well, not a real live goat, but a real miniature plastic one).
goat.jpggoat.jpg

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Do I own the Greatest Of All Time GOAT Collection Of All Time?

I don't own a JP2 (the ATGOAT according to some), but I do own 4 out of 5 of the games in your pic, so I'm going to say ... yes!

Congratulations!

#28 4 years ago

Needs more TNA

#29 4 years ago

Not 1 WPC game?
No early SS bally?
No Sys 11?

Nice collection, but? Where’s the rest?

#30 4 years ago

Um, no. You don’t.

#31 4 years ago

No metallica or scared stiff? Are you crazy?

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Well, my collection fits in with a continuing GOAT selection as they came out... or as they became GOAT over time... but all considered classic examples of pins through the ages. But I have lived through all these machines as NOB played titles on route as I grew up. So you started way late to this party, but the games you have are some GOAT contenders from the newish time frame. So from that perspective you have a collection of games that time may honor as a GOATs and then you have a nice GOAT collection, but not THE goat of Goats.

#33 4 years ago

As far as newer games go yea thats pretty awesome. Certainly some of Sterns best and what most believe is JJP best.

As far as sterns go Id say Deadpool might deserve a spot in there

#34 4 years ago

I love all the games in my collection and it's the greatest collection for my tastes. I understand that every game is someone's favorite and every game has its critics.

It looks like you've found a combination of titles that suit you well so yes, you have the greatest collection for you. Congrats!

#35 4 years ago

What's your most reliable game ?

#36 4 years ago

EBD is missing, therefore, no.

#37 4 years ago

We can't know if anything is the greatest of all time, because greatest of all time implies it's the best now and remains that way until the end of time. Something we call the greatest of all time now could be surpassed in the future, therefore meaning it was never the greatest of all time to begin with. The only way we will ever be able to determine which things were the greatest of all time will be by waiting until we reach the end of time. The problem, of course, is that at that point we won't have any time to make such pointless claims.

You could make an argument for it being the greatest of all time up to this point in time however.

#38 4 years ago

There is a great chance that none of them will make the list in ten years.

#39 4 years ago

Gotta plug RD here. The man owns every System 11 for cripes sake.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No metallica or scared stiff? Are you crazy?

I must be crazy, looks like a Metallica LE to me.

#41 4 years ago

O

#42 4 years ago

Nice looking row there Cookie!

I don’t see Alien though so you are disqualified!

#43 4 years ago

For a home collection...Yes.

EM’s , Sys11’s, and most WPC games get very stale in a home environment. I love playing them in competition or casually with friends, but the rule sets are too simple at home.

Change my mind

#44 4 years ago

I see two Borg's and two Elwin's. No Ritchie or Lawlor? I'd make the argument that for a true GOAT/GOAT/GOAT collection, you'd need the greatest game from each of the greatest designers of all time. Now tastes being subjective; it would be up to you to decide who those designers are. But that way, if you're limited on space, you'd have the greatest game from each of the greatest designers of all time (in your opinion).

For example, I'd replace WD with maybe HS and IMDN with maybe RBION. Then you'd have:

Elwin - JP
Ritchie - HS
Lawlor - RBION
Borg - MET
Meunier - JJPPOTC

That's not even listing games from Eddy, Nordman, Gomez, Balcer, Danesi, Emery, Norris, Mark Ritchie, Ousler, J-Pop, Trudeau, Kmiec, Krynski, Wayne Neyens, Harry Williams, Steve Kirk, Claude Fernandez, Ward Pemberton, Ted Zale, and many more.

Mix and match based on space and taste. Enjoy!

#45 4 years ago

If it gets your goat, that's all that matters,

#46 4 years ago

Have one at work. Should try to squeeze it in.

#47 4 years ago

Not that Jefree Star would chime in, but has over 100+ which includes all yours in CE’s cooked71 . So you ain’t even at broken stitch in the GOATGOATCOAT

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

EBD is missing, therefore, no.

I wish. Unobtanium in Australia. At least non LE bad in good condition. Same with Centaur.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nice looking row there Cookie!
I don’t see Alien though so you are disqualified!

Maybe if I had a 73 game collection like yours Ice. But don’t worry, I’ll be adding a Rick & Morty soon. Don’t pretend you’re not jealous.

#50 4 years ago

Not a single B/W pin? IMO, No. but that is a great lineup.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-i-own-the-greatest-of-all-time-goat-collection-of-all-time?hl=joniano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.