9%
  • When its built 0 votes
  • When you have it in your hands 48 votes
    62%
  • Who cares? 23 votes
    29%

(78 votes)

#1 2 years ago

Ok, so ive been going back and forth with Bax1 about this. I bought a jp premium. Paid for it, and it has been built. Its going to my distributors place and i will pick it up from there. At what point do i own it? Paid for? Built? Or when i have it in my posession? I say when i pay for it and its built, it exists and its mine.

#2 2 years ago

Why does it even matter if you don't have it yet...

#3 2 years ago

It doesnt. Weve just been talking about when you own it

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ok, so ive been going back and forth with bax1 about this. I bought a jp premium. Paid for it, and it has been built. Its going to my distributors place and i will pick it up from there. At what point do i own it? Paid for? Built? Or when i have it in my posession? I say when i pay for it and its built, it exists and its mine.

Trust me you want to argue that you own it AFTER successfully delivered. That is unless you wish to be the proud owner of a busted up game if delivered in pieces.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Or when i have it in my posession?

I'd say you own it with this one. When you accept it.

What if it never gets built ? You own nothing and are out money.

They drop it at the factory and ship the remains to you. You want to won the wreckage ? Why not ? It's yours.

LTG : )

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd say you own it with this one. When you accept it.

What if it never gets built ? You own nothing and are out money.

They drop it at the factory and ship the remains to you. You want to won the wreckage ? Why not ? It's yours.

Good points lloyd, but after paying, i at least have some protection and help from my distributor. If it never gets built, then yes, im screwed (predator?)

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

but after paying, i at least have some protection and help from my distributor.

HaHa. Good one. Like that Australian distributor who took money for WOZ's and never paid for them and people never got them and were out the money.

#8 2 years ago

When you can touch it, you own it!!!!

#10 2 years ago

Once it’s loaded in your car, you own it!

#11 2 years ago

Do you mean practically, or legally?

You may have put money down for a purchase, but the goods aren't safely yours until they're in your hands.

Plenty of people have out down preorder money for games and got nothing in return. What customers are owed typically disappears in bankruptcy.

Now, with stern specifically, since they have a pretty good track record, it's a fair point to say that the game will more than likely be placed in your hands.

But, with anything thats built to order rather than ready-made, there's always the issue of unforseen circumstances that can cause problems, delays, and even non-deliveries.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Once it’s loaded in your car, you own it!

Nope, my deals, the minute you hand me the cash. You drop it in my front lawn loading and it's yours

#13 2 years ago

With a used game, yes, once money is in my hands it is their game. Or once i pay, it is mine. With a new game, now im leaning to what andrewket posted. I did not pay the shipping costs (although im sure its built into the price) so it is my distributors until i take possession physically, by either signing for it when delivered, or it is loaded in my car. I am going to have to concede, the game is not mine yet

#14 2 years ago

I put it in my pinside collection when it’s paid for. It makes accounting easier. I buy games, pay for them immediately, but often can’t pick them up for months due to the fact I only travel to the states a couple times a year.

#15 2 years ago

Forceflow makes a good point too. We just had a major furniture chain announce out of nowhere that they are filling for bk and closing all stores. They had to shut down a couple stores due to mass employee walk outs. They were a huge company and always busy. Would never see it coming

#16 2 years ago

Not sure if it falls under the same rules as applied to ice cream or 5 year olds but if so, it belongs to the first person who licks it. That entails a lot more commitment now with Corona virus.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Not sure if fall under the same rules as applied to ice cream or 5 year olds but if so, it belongs to the first person who licks it. That entails a lot more commitment now with Corona virus.

So what your saying is if I go to his house and lick it first, it’s mine? Looks like I’m coming over the day you get it buddy!

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Not sure if it falls under the same rules as applied to ice cream or 5 year olds but if so, it belongs to the first person who licks it. That entails a lot more commitment now with Corona virus.

Quoted from Bax1:

So what your saying is if I go to his house and lick it first, it’s mine? Looks like I’m coming over the day you get it buddy!

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I say when i pay for it and its built, it exists and its mine.

This is the craziest thing I've read on Pinside this week, including all Corona threads.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is the craziest thing I've read on Pinside this week, including all Corona threads.

Apparently! I figured once built and paid for i own it, admited defeat, and now collin wants to lick my games.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Apparently! I figured once built and paid for i own it, admited defeat, and now collin wants to lick my games.

Be thankful that's all he wants to lick.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ok, so ive been going back and forth with bax1 about this. I bought a jp premium. Paid for it, and it has been built. Its going to my distributors place and i will pick it up from there. At what point do i own it? Paid for? Built? Or when i have it in my posession? I say when i pay for it and its built, it exists and its mine.

Is it a Magic Girl ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!