(Topic ID: 66859)

Do I just have to realize I'm never going to be a good player?

By Switch

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gtown
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

abc.jpg
    rudy003.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider switch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Totally discouraged tonight. I am fairly new to pinball I have only been collecting for about 6 months. I am totally in love with the hobby but I have a goal to someday be good enough to play competitively in a league. I have watched every tutorial i can get my hands on, I have read everything I can get my hands on as far as technique. I practice every night but honestley i don't feel like my scores are getting any better.........It seems lately I walk away from my pins more discouraged and bummed out then when I turned them on which is a big problem. What am I doing wrong? I watch alot of guys and it looks like they barely ever have to nudge the table while myself i find the need to nudge almost constant, am I doing it right? Hell I don't know I guess i just need to vent more than anything. I am about to start facing the fact that I will be in pinball as a hobby of collecting rather than playing them?

#33 10 years ago

Thanks for the pep talk guys I am back at it and swinging the flippers again..I will not give up!! Glad I'm not the only one who sucks but just can't get enough of these damn machines.

2 months later
    #62 10 years ago

Well here is an update. I haven't given up and my scores are definitely improving but I also have kinda eased up in my mentally. I play because I enjoy playing. All the advice has helped a ton and I do use it. My only problem now is my wife has become totally addicted to pinball and is my biggest competition lol. It's a good problem to have. I will try and post a video in the future of my game play and see if you guys have any other ideas. Thanks for all the help

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider switch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-i-just-have-to-realize-im-never-going-to-be-a-good-player?tu=switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.