(Topic ID: 66859)

Do I just have to realize I'm never going to be a good player?

By Switch

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gtown
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

abc.jpg
    rudy003.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

To become a great lover, watch...well, you know what I'm saying.

Watch highlight videos of people who are paid to put on a show...?

I've only been playing for a few months (but playing a LOT in that time). Two friends came over to play my High Speed for the first time last night - I had put about 500 games on it in the month that I've owned it. We played 4 games. These two guys have been playing a little pinball, but not much, and have never played High Speed before. Yet, I got my butt kicked the first 3 games. It was embarrassing.

Then on the 4th game, I put up 2.7 million without even hitting the jackpot and crushed all previous scores for the night.

At least for me, at the stage I'm at now, there is enough short term luck that it often feels like I'm getting nowhere. Then suddenly I'll put together a really good game that I know I wouldn't have been able to do a few weeks earlier. (Often this happens when switching environments - playing on location when I haven't in a few days, or playing at home when I haven't in a few days).

Keep at it!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-i-just-have-to-realize-im-never-going-to-be-a-good-player?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.