(Topic ID: 284688)

Do I have to do my first crimping...display problem Mata Hari.

By Bandit78

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201230_162420_resized (resized).jpg
    0792BB27-A53A-4983-BC76-9C4DC8CC0BAF (resized).jpeg
    6E0D6E52-6A30-4A35-88F0-1B5B78069509 (resized).jpeg
    20201230_155742_resized (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 3 years ago

Something else to look at is the pinscore displays. They come as 2 pieces and are held together by L brackets and plastic clips but I have found some where the hole for plastic clip is in the wrong spot and it holds the pieces to far apart. This can make a bad connection between the 2 pieces and make the display flaky. If your displays are not connected together tightly remove the plastic clip from the L bracket holding the vertical part of the display so the 2 pieces can make a better connection.

#8 3 years ago

Here is a picture of a pinscore display with the holes lined up. Look at the connectors, they will not seat together all the way.

6E0D6E52-6A30-4A35-88F0-1B5B78069509 (resized).jpeg6E0D6E52-6A30-4A35-88F0-1B5B78069509 (resized).jpeg
    #9 3 years ago

With the plastic clip removed the 2 pieces can connect together better. And you can see in the picture how far off the holes are. Leave the L bracket there without the plastic clip in the vertical part . The L bracket still gives some support, I have had these pinscore displays in a game without the plastic clips for a few years without an issue. Before removing the plastic clip they were flaky.

0792BB27-A53A-4983-BC76-9C4DC8CC0BAF (resized).jpeg0792BB27-A53A-4983-BC76-9C4DC8CC0BAF (resized).jpeg
    #11 3 years ago

You could try to remove and clean up the solder there with a file. Or you could contact pinscore to see if they will send a replacement. No need to completely remove the L bracket , just clips that would hold the vertical board to the L bracket. The L bracket does still do some support even with the clip.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-i-have-to-do-my-first-crimpingdisplay-problem-mata-hari?tu=trilogybeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.