• 31 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by fosaisu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Help..
My Kid (who loves pinball) wants a star wars. I didn't play it (he did at chicago convention), nor are there any around to play. With that said, does the game suck? I love games with gimmicks and crazy shit. But, i don't want a borning game that looses it luster after few plays (transformers/avengers) Any help is greatly appreciated and a Very Merry Christmas to all pinheads out there!

David

#2 6 years ago

If you get into the scoring structure it keeps the game pretty fresh and challenging and doesn't feel like either of the 2 boring games you mentioned.

Hell, buy it and if you don't like it take a couple hundred $$ loss and sell it in a few months. What's a few hundies for a happy child on X-mas?

#3 6 years ago

Your kids would probably be just as happy with a SW Pro (maybe more so, since the ramp is a tough shot, though if they're like my 6 year old they'll be super-psyched when they finally complete the Hyperspace hurry up). Of course that extra $2k for the Premium is probably for your benefit ...

#4 6 years ago

Level 257 is 30 mins from you. They have Star Wars. Go play it. Best way to find out is to play yourself.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Level 257 is 30 mins from you. They have Star Wars. Go play it. Best way to find out is to play yourself.

Its Busted. Went there twice, wont take credits. They use a card swipe system.

#6 6 years ago

Did you ask them for help getting credits on it?

#7 6 years ago

DO not buy any pin without playing it first!!! If you’re unable to play and buy something you hate, it can always be sold. The Star Wars pro is the cheapest way to go.

#8 6 years ago

I actually finally just played a gotg and SW pro in the wild. I've also been thinking about getting a SW premium myself. I enjoyed the game, mainly probably due to the theme and music, but the speed was fun to. The game was hard. My son and I both got our butts kicked. As I was playing it though I couldn't help but think how basic it really was. The Gary Stern comment of being able to put lights in a box along with star wars theme and it will sell regardless kept irritating my thoughts. The thought of $5-7k for it started bothering me even more. It's literally just a couple ramps, orbit, and oddly used pops combined with movie clips. Like I said, I enjoyed the game, but I feel like I'm paying for the movie clips and sounds, and it's bothering me. IDK, I may still end up with one eventually due to the very strong theme, but I need more time on it. I would strongly advise you do the same.

As for gotg, it looked nice, but I didn't like it enough to ever consider owning it. Again, something about it feels off compared to my slightly older Sterns.

PS- I'm sure if I owned a SW premium in home, I would enjoy it a lot more, but man it was a tough game.

#9 6 years ago

I’m not a big fan of these types of threads. The only way to be sure is to play it yourself otherwise it will always be a gamble. 1000 people may tell you that you should buy it and you might still not like the game.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicagoland:

Help..
My Kid (who loves pinball) wants a star wars. I didn't play it (he did at chicago convention), nor are there any around to play. With that said, does the game suck? I love games with gimmicks and crazy shit. But, i don't want a borning game that looses it luster after few plays (transformers/avengers) Any help is greatly appreciated and a Very Merry Christmas to all pinheads out there!
David

If you like rules, strategies and different ways to play a game; SW should keep you well involved for at least 1000 plays minimum.

#11 6 years ago

Star Wars does not suck at all and it's pretty good IMO, but as others have said you really should go play one somewhere and make your own decision because there's a chance that you may not like it.

#12 6 years ago

It is a good game. It is certainly a challenging rule set but you should be happy. Get the Pro unless you really want the premium.

#13 6 years ago

David, here is my 2 cents,

So Level 257 didn't accept their card when swipping? It worked when I was there a few weeks ago. It didn't work on BM66 though. I would check again they normally keep things working and working well.

Also you might check with Illinois Stern dealers, Mike at Great American Pinball and Kurt form Hemispheres. Personally I love the game would get the pro because I'm good with that.

I played the pro about 40 times in Vegas at NY, NY. Played both pro and premium (only a few games due to lines) at expo and pro at level 257. I would buy it now but I have a room problem something has to go so I'll wait to 2018 unless we get a package deal and my wife doesn't roll her eyes at another addition.

Cheers.

#14 6 years ago

Yes. I like the Pro myself.

#15 6 years ago

If you play it in the wild and can't hear what's going on (which is typical in an arcade/barcade), you won't be getting the full experience. This title depends on audible cues much more than most pins. Better than not playing it, but just be aware that it shines in a home environment. The theme integrations is great for someone that loves the Star Wars movies. If you can get one resale and not take the NIB hit, it's a no-brainer. Get it.

#16 6 years ago

Get it! Much better game at home, go Pro. You're son (and you) will be stoked.

#17 6 years ago

You must play it first. Would you buy a car without ever test driving it based upon the opinions of complete strangers? I'm new to pinball and had the chance to go to my first festival last year (TPF). I actually created a list of my top 10 pins based upon what I had read and seen on the internet before going to the show, so that I could be sure to play every one of them. After the show, what I realized is that I needed to drastically change my top 10. I lost complete interest in 6 or 7 on my original list and would never want to own them after playing each several times. Conversely, I played several other pins that were not on my radar, and I quickly escalated them into my top 10 desirable.

#18 6 years ago

Well your not going to believe this. I scored a brand new LE! Guy backed out one and they had a truck coming so they loaded it up and it will be here soon. Last one! Hardest part is to hide it till xmas eve to play it . Well I’m pumped and if it sucks royally I’ll tell you all about it! I’ll post some
Xmas unboxing!

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicagoland:

Well your not going to believe this. I scored a brand new LE! Guy backed out one and they had a truck coming so they loaded it up and it will be here soon. Last one! Hardest part is to hide it till xmas eve to play it . Well I’m pumped and if it sucks royally I’ll tell you all about it! I’ll post some
Xmas unboxing!

Haha. Congrats.

#20 6 years ago

Damn that’s gonna be a very Merry Christmas! Hope you guys enjoy it! I played a pro a few nights ago and had a decent amount of fun playing it.

So have you been to level 257 since Houdini made its apperance? If so, what are your thoughts?

My Wife is from Merrillville, In and she LOVES that mall. So whenever we go to see her Mom I make it a point to offer to take her to the mall so I can get a couple hours ignored beers and pinball. Works out great!

#21 6 years ago

Don’t buy it until playing 20 games...go premium or LE and take care of it, best chance to get your money back if/when you want to sell/flip.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Damn that’s gonna be a very Merry Christmas! Hope you guys enjoy it! I played a pro a few nights ago and had a decent amount of fun playing it.
So have you been to level 257 since Houdini made its apperance? If so, what are your thoughts?
My Wife is from Merrillville, In and she LOVES that mall. So whenever we go to see her Mom I make it a point to offer to take her to the mall so I can get a couple hours ignored beers and pinball. Works out great!

This week. Planning in it at lunch. I’ll record it and put it in my blog.

#24 6 years ago

Hey Loudvette, I just picked up a premium. If you want I can show you all the rules and strategies before Christmas so you can make a final decision on whether or not to open yours.

#25 6 years ago

Enjoy, game is super fun

#26 6 years ago

You could stop by and play mine if you don't want to wait till Christmas.

#27 6 years ago

I created a video of the Prem and the LE . In the Prem video I go over some rules and specs of the game. If you are unsure of unboxing and playing your game, watch the vid first. Congrats on purchasing the game. It is a fun game but brutally hard. My game took a lot of time to level and tweak in order for it to play correctly.

Star Wars Premium :

Star Wars LE :

#28 6 years ago

Great videos which I have previously watched. That said, my additional comment is that you have posted these videos multiple times. On one hand, it has made it easier to locate them. On the other hand, it does create repetitive posts. There is an ability to link multimedia items to a game under the "Games" section. Only one youtube video is currently linked to the SW pre/le game. I'd like to encourage you to link your videos to the game or I can do it for SW if you don't mind. I'd really like to encourage other people to put their high quality photos or videos there as well. This way, future visitors can locate them without having to search through the topics and posts.

#29 6 years ago

Actually, I went ahead and linked them so I hope you don't mind. It appears you can delete them if you didn't want them linked there.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Actually, I went ahead and linked them so I hope you don't mind. It appears you can delete them if you didn't want them linked there.

awesome, thanks I didn't know that was an option. I will do that for future posts. Thanks for letting me know and also linking them.

#31 6 years ago

Hey OP, new 1.0 coded just dropped for SW today with lots of tweaks and changes, so be sure to update when you pop open that box.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-10-code-released

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 10.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-i-get-a-star-wars-for-xmas-help?hl=flynnsbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.