(Topic ID: 58191)

Do Family Guy and Shrek have the same rules?

By Rush1169

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dendoc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I was wondering if both the machines play by exactly the same rules? If Family Guy is hit X to light Y, will Shrek rules be the same?

Thx

#2 10 years ago

IIRC, yes. Just the names are different.

Parker

#3 10 years ago

Rules are almost the same. Exception is that wrestling mode in shrek cannot end, whereas the matching chicken mode in FGY does end after somany hits.

I think two of the character inserts are swapped on the PF so playing donkey pinball is a bit trickier. Otherwise you can play Shrek just fine on a FGY table

#4 10 years ago

I have got both of them on location and shrek gets more attention and plays.
What`s your favorite ?

#5 10 years ago

I prefer Family Guy myself (never owned a shrek) but that music would start to bug me after awhile on Shrek.

I can definitely see how Shrek does well on location though, the green armor helps it stand out plus it's very kid friendly

#6 10 years ago

I have both on location and Family guy does better. Although Shrek also does very well. I even had both of them side by side at the same venue for a while and Family Guy won money wise.
I like Shrek more though, If i was to have either in the house, I think it would be the green one.

Eric

#7 10 years ago

ShrekGuy is my favorite. The looks of Shrek with sound of FGY.

#8 10 years ago

Family Guy & Shrek remind me how crucial "theme" is (to me).

I love FGY

Rebrand it as Shrek, Dora the Explorer or Three Men & a Baby....

I just won't like it any more

#9 10 years ago

Can you just swap chips over to play both at home?

#10 10 years ago

Yes - swap the ROMs and viola

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

You can also just flash the games with the different rom image, however this resets the High Scores.

I noticed a lot more depth in the rules of Family Guy, or at least a LOT LESS redundant/repetitive shots/call outs/modes vs Shrek. I liked them both however, they were both very fun!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

It's USB update, not chips...yes you can use either code on either machine...

#13 10 years ago

Thanks for that. 2 games for one, nice deal.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

It's USB update, not chips...yes you can use either code on either machine...

Yup

#15 10 years ago

I just installed FGY on Shrek. Scoring seems similar or the same. The sound program in FGY makes the game seem faster. Not more difficult but gets you pumped up more. Light show seems better on FGY, not sure if it's different but it seemed like it. Equal condition, I would take FGY over Shrek.

#16 10 years ago

The biggest rule difference is wrestling vs chicken fight as mentioned. Any other differences are subtleties that most people will not notice (primarily how easy it is to get 3x spinner in Shrek vs. FG).

#17 10 years ago

I liked Shrek better (though FG is one of my favorite tv shows). I had the FG but changed out the software......seemed more finished than FG. Not sure why, but it gave off more of a higher budget game than FG. Plus my scores were always higher on Shrek (might be a psychological thing where I choke more on FG thinking I need to do better)

#18 10 years ago

just need to find a Shrek translite to swap with FG when I do the flash changeover. Maybe the toys as well, but probably not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-family-guy-and-shrek-have-the-same-rules and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.