There are lots of ways to tune up a game. Flipper rebuilds might have the biggest bang for the buck but chasing out dirt and mechanical slop can add up to significant improvement too, like:
- cleaning or replacing plungers and coil sleeves on pop bumpers, sling shots, kickers, etc.
- replacing worn links between plungers and whatever they're driving
- checking for loose or broken yokes on pop bumper rings
- checking for loose solenoids in brackets
- cleaning and minimizing switch gaps on pop bumpers, sling shots, etc.
- cleaning pop bumper spoon switches and ring rods
- cleaning and waxing the playfield
- new rubber and ball