New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 275730)

Do EM's seem like they play in slow motion

By the9gman

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by the9gman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1536 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 3 months ago

You can wax and rebuild and do all that jazz but no EM is going to play like a solid state unless it has bridge rectified bumper and flipper power. It just isn't. AC games will never play as fast as DC games no matter what you do. I have a Bally Surfers that is 50v rather than 25v so it plays faster but compared to a game like Firepower it's not close.

They play like they play because that's the era they come from. If you want fast play then stick with SS or DMD games or get later EM games that have DC power in them.

#8 3 months ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

did almost all that , inspected all plungers took care of any burs buffed and polished all of them checked the linkage....these pop bumpers are weird ...usually they have a contact that opens when the bumper is pulled all the way down, these don't they have an external relay that is used as a momentary on and I don't think the bumper gets the full amount of power to properly activate which makes them weak.

The pop bumpers have a relay. They have to have one to supply power to the score reel relays.

1 week later
    #13 3 months ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

Ok so I may have learned a lesson here. Finally finished My Solar City. New Rubbers ,play field cleaned ,lot of ball swirls tried the magic eraser trick don't really like cleaning the residue so switched to just plain scotch brite and an alcohol mixture. The paint on this thing is incredible to take that abuse. after all that had to clear coat then wax. The other night I was playing my Raven and granted the playfield is roached ,broken mylar cracks and the original clear coat flaking off and can not get it off without taking off paint that is why this will be re themed. I took the ball out and polished the crap out of it on a buffer to a high gloss mirror finish, the thing is like a hockey puck on Ice. So, I did the same thing to the new ball on the Solar City machine .........that alone makes it a lot faster .......and the original style Gottlieb flippers make you have to play strategically between the upper and lower flippers .....I actually kind of like it , must have played 20 games on it tonight so its ready for the line up.
    The Moral of the story is .........if you want to play faster .....polish the shit out of your balls

Wait a tick. You used a Scotchbrite pad on a playfield?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 55.00
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 275.00
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ScottyMods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    $ 199.95
    Playfields
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.00
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 17.00
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Boards
    PinSound
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The Art of Pinball
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside