(Topic ID: 118960)

Do Eight Ball Champ flipper parts exist?

By ghostbc

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 8.52.05 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 8.51.38 PM (resized).png
#1 9 years ago

I am putting together an Eight Ball Champ for a friend and have a broken pawl on the upper right flipper. Looking around all i have found is Pinball Resource stating this one game from that era has unique hardware . Has anyone replaced it with something close that can be modded ?
Thank for any help in advance.

#2 9 years ago

Got a picture of the mechs?

It's the style with the longer arm, yes?

#3 9 years ago

Game is not where I am but I will get some picture's soon if I can't find anything.
Thanks.

3 years later
#4 5 years ago

bump.

I'm shopping out one now. It seems like the flipper mechs are unobtanium. It seems like the only 6803 game that didn't use linear flipper mechs. Anybody have any ideas on where to get new parts (plunger, etc)? I've checked all the usual sites: pinball resource, Marco, Bay Area, etc. and have come up blank. Please help

Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 8.51.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-24 at 8.51.38 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 8.52.05 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-24 at 8.52.05 PM (resized).png

#5 5 years ago

Bump.

Anyone have any idea where to get the flipper plunger, item 11?

Surely, out of 1,500 EBC's out there, someone has installed new plungers?

I can't find this item anywhere.

9 months later
#6 5 years ago

Bump again since this remains unanswered.

I spoke with Steve at Pinball Resource about replacing the compression springs on my EBC flippers, and he told me that the older KT-BFLIP-03 kit works for EBC if I wanted to do a full rebuild. The geometry of the link is a little bit different (rectangle vs "A" shape), but it looks to me like someone prior to me installed the PBR plunger/link assembly and it works fine in my EBC after I replaced the compression springs. The new springs are a little bit heavier than what was on my machine when I bought it and would not always keep the flippers all the way down before replacement.

It seems like the link is at least close enough to the same as OEM that any difference could be accommodated by adjusting the flippers.

The difference in the shape of the link might reduce the ability of your existing return spring to work, so I would get Steve's springs at the same time as the plunger/link assy. The springs were less than a buck each, Item No. WIL-10-135.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7 5 years ago

On my EBC the lower flippers are like the ones above(not linear) and the upper flipper is the linear flipper style(like most 6803 games). The lower flipper parts seem to be interchangeable with older Bally flipper parts.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

On my EBC the lower flippers are like the ones above(not linear) and the upper flipper is the linear flipper style(like most 6803 games). The lower flipper parts seem to be interchangeable with older Bally flipper parts.

Weird. The only difference between my two right flippers is the extra switch on my lower flipper to control the upper one, just like the screenshot of the manual above. They have the same plunger/link, spring, bracket, bearing, lever arm assy, everything. I have EBC Serial Number 764. I guess maybe some individual machines used the "new and improved" linear type (or somebody did you a favor and "upgraded" your flipper assembly).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-eight-ball-champ-flipper-parts-exist?hl=newbieinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.