(Topic ID: 274871)

Do buyers purchase an entire lot or should I separate?

By GottliebGeorge

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by snyper2099
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200810_120312 (resized).jpg
    15970779743481410839201 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

My father inlaw worked as a schematic draftsman for Gottlieb then Premiere. I have a ton of stuff to sell.
    Numerous technical manuals for games, misc promotion materials from amusement convention in Vegas, backboard sheets from various games, playfields, 1 pinball game (Alligator by Bally), and other stuff. Are there trusted buyers that buy lots or is this something I break down to smaller lots. No room for storing so want it all gone soon. Advice? Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

If you have the time and effort available selling individual pieces will bring the most money.

If speed and ease of dealing with it is a priority then selling the whole lot will insure you’re done with it quickly.

#3 3 years ago

List it here. You could also contact Steve Young Pinball Resource. He may have an interest.
    [email protected]

#4 3 years ago

Do it by type. I think I'd be more interested in the trade show materials than the technical manuals.

What initials did he use on the schematics?
    .................David Marston

#5 3 years ago

My advice is:
    Lay out everything on your garage floor, basement, etc.
    Take photos and/or a video of all of it and post the photos here or a video to Youtube so everyone can see what you have.
    Some people are able to make an offer on all of it; but you'll get less than if you sell everything separately (and deal with shipping, eBay/Paypal fees, etc.).

#6 3 years ago

I don't know about the initials

#7 3 years ago

You've got some good stuff here.
    You could even have a few "gems" in this lot.
    Take the time and catalog it.
    Type/year/game name.
    I like the contact Steve Young idea. Some of your material could be very helpful in reproducing parts, boards, etc..
    We could all cherry pick, we all collect differently. Im an Art and design guy. Playfield drawings you speak of, thats up my alley.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You've got some good stuff here.
    You could even have a few "gems" in this lot.
    Take the time and catalog it.
    Type/year/game name.
    I like the contact Steve Young idea. Some of your material could be very helpful in reproducing parts, boards, etc..
    We could all cherry pick, we all collect differently. Im an Art and design guy. Playfield drawings you speak of, thats up my alley.

Ha I keep going over this call to steve young in my mind and it could go any number of ways!

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha I keep going over this call to steve young in my mind and it could go any number of ways!

That is fricken Hilarious. Takes a brave soul to cold call Steve. I was thinking that as I wrote first post.

#10 3 years ago

Picture of some Gottleib folks. We're going to try to get some pictures up our "collection." Sorry for the duplicate picture- my tablet is not behaving.

20200810_120312 (resized).jpg20200810_120312 (resized).jpg15970779743481410839201 (resized).jpg15970779743481410839201 (resized).jpg
    #11 3 years ago

Would love to see/get any Gordon Morrison stuff

#12 3 years ago

I would be interested in any/every thing related to Asteroid Annie and the Aliens!

#13 3 years ago

As others have said, it depends on what it is, the condition of it and it can be very game specific. Artwork is very popular as well as drawings for rare or popular games. Promotional materials can be in demand as well, again depending on what game it’s promoting or if it’s something unusual. Anybody making a bulk offer would want to know specifically what you have but would likely expect a discount. You’ll make more money selling it on an individual basis, but it’s a lot more work. If you post some pictures on here we can probably give you a better idea, but there’s a number of us on here that collect this stuff and can help.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I have been to Pinball Resource within the past couple years and have seen the file cabinets of stuff that Steve got from Gottlieb. I think he has all the engineering drawings he needs, but of course that conversation could go into deep detail, which it didn't at the time. If you started the exploratory talks with Steve, you might get a quick answer or he might want an exhaustive inventory; I predict it would be one of those two extremes rather than the middle ground.
    .................David Marston

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-buyers-purchase-an-entire-lot-or-should-i-separate?hl=slghokie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.