(Topic ID: 103127)

Do Any Real Pins Have "Toggling" Rollover Lights?

By Gemini

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

OK, so here's a curious question for all you pinball gurus. Being someone who grew up mostly playing computerized pinball software, not the real thing, a common feature in these computerized games was that if the ball rolled over a rollover, it would "toggle" the rollover light's state, meaning if the light was off, it would go on, but if the light was already on, it would go off.

Now that I'm getting back into the real thing and have played a solid number of real pins these past few months I've noticed pretty much NONE of the pins I've played do this. If the ball goes over a rollover it either always lights, or always unlights and is never based on what states the lights are already in.

So I'm curious if this toggling behaviour actually exists in any real pinball machines, or if it's something that's pretty much exclusive to pinball software. OR, is this something that existed with EMs but then died off when Solid-State hit the scene? (Haven't played any EMs for real yet; haven't had the chance.)

#2 9 years ago

WCS94 has them and the new TWD releasing soon will also have them. I'm sure others but I don't know of them.

#3 9 years ago

LOTR does this on the KEEP lanes after the first Two Towers Multiball and I think on harder settings.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-any-real-pins-have-toggling-rollover-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.