• 40 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Asking for my brother,
Do any reputable distributors do payment plans where you put half down then take payments. Distributor ships pin upon full payment.

He is interested in a NIB Metallica Premium Road Case

Thanks for any help,

PorkChopExpress

#2 10 years ago

Pinballz Arcade in Austin, TX has 8% financing for 12 or 24 months, with a 20% downpayment; membership (which costs $10) adds discounts of 10% off up to $500 (can be used twice annually). Be forewarned, their tables are in very decent shape, but priced at full retail.

Post edited by balbers : grammar

#3 10 years ago

Yep! We do. Min 20% down Min 20% a Month so 5 Months is normaly what we do.

#5 10 years ago

Just use a credit card if you want to make payments.

Layaway is letting someone else hold your money which is just weird to me.

#6 10 years ago

Many distributors have payment plans with Firestone Financial.

Mountain Coin and Brady Distributing are two of the many coin machine distributors across the USA who use/offer payments with Firestone Financial:

http://www.mountaincoin.com/

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Just use a credit card if you want to make payments.
Layaway is letting someone else hold your money which is just weird to me.

Thing about Layaway, is most folks don't charge interest. If they do, it's a lot better than credit.

#8 10 years ago

Believe pinballs.com does it.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Mottwally:

Thing about Layaway, is most folks don't charge interest. If they do, it's a lot better than credit.

Its not credit if money goes out before the game ships.

You can just put money under your bed until reaching the required amount.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You are 100% correct.

I'm the worlds most impulsive person. Having a layaway option on certain things has been nice, because I was putting money toward that item, and it was out of my hands, so I couldn't spend it on something else.

I know that sounds crazy, because it is. Just how some people are wired I guess. hehe

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Or, when the money is finally gathered, the machine is gone...

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Firestone Financial:

Run Forrest run!

#13 10 years ago

If you need a payment plan for a pin, you can't afford it. That kind of credit garbage is what causes a lot of problems.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If you need a payment plan for a pin, you can't afford it. That kind of credit garbage is what causes a lot of problems.

You said it! Ie: United States housing/economic crash. Not everyone can afford a house either!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

A better way to put it is to point out that a pinball machine in the home is a luxury item. No one should ever buy luxury items on credit.

If the original poster's brother can put half down now for a premium, he can probably save a little longer for a pro. Better to start with a pro for your first game anyway. Less parts to maintain/ repair. And MET pro is plenty fun. No one will bag on your brother for not getting a premium.

#16 10 years ago

Yes most distributors will.Go to Stern's website for a long list of their distributors.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

You said it! Ie: United States housing/economic crash. Not everyone can afford a house either!

A mortgage is not home ownership, it's nothing more than an elaborate rental agreement for the easily mislead.

I worked in lending for years & hate the entire world now that I've learned how it all works.

If the Amish allowed pinball & AC then I'd join em lol.

#18 10 years ago

Lay Away is a big difference from Financing. I dont know any distro who will actually finance anything to a end user.

#19 10 years ago

I feel the same way here. If I can't pay cash for a pin, I can't have it. Although...

#20 10 years ago

I've used lay away for all 3 of my NIB purchases. Automated for my first and Trent for my last 2. I still paid cash and never financed anything. I don't sell my pins, in general, so I can just whip up 4-6K right as a new game is introduced.

#21 10 years ago

pardon my ignorance but what is lay away exactly?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Mottwally:

Having a layaway option on certain things has been nice, because I was putting money toward that item, and it was out of my hands, so I couldn't spend it on something else.

Quoted from DNO:

Or, when the money is finally gathered, the machine is gone...

Or your wife finds your stash and spends it on extensions and teeth whitening . . .

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

A mortgage is not home ownership, it's nothing more than an elaborate rental agreement for the easily mislead.
I worked in lending for years & hate the entire world now that I've learned how it all works.

I see you are awake . . . sucks doesn't it. Stack in the power to tax your property at the state level and you really never own anything (you just have the right to pay a low rental fee).

#24 10 years ago

PCE, tell your bother to just hold your money until the great pinball price crash of 2013. You should be able to buy a MM for $1500....

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

PCE, tell your bother to just hold your money until the great pinball price crash of 2013. You should be able to buy a MM for $1500....

There's one in every thread it seems .....

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

I have used Firestone more than once. There is a $200.00 paperwork fee. Better off using your personal bank for loan. The Game Exchange of Colorado has worked with me on a LOTR L.E. Were I paid it off over a period of months.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

pardon my ignorance but what is lay away exactly?

You give the seller a deposit. The seller holds onto the product till you pay it all off. That is called Lay Away. Peace !

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I have used Firestone more than once. There is a $200.00 paperwork fee. Better off using your personal bank for loan. The Game Exchange of Colorado has worked with me on a LOTR L.E. Were I paid it off over a period of months.

My old boss at Capitol Amusement used Firestone Financial for every machine we bought brand new. And we bought a lot of new machines.

#29 10 years ago

Ive done layaway on 2 pins so far with JJ(Gex), TRON pro and my HULK, he was great to work with.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I work as an RE appraiser, so I definitely agree on the mortgage not always being the path to ownership but rather long term rental. I've also seen quite a few Amish houses with toys in the barn (cell phones, atv's, escalades, etc.) so you might be ok!

#31 10 years ago

Im doing it for a few of my customers.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

There's one in every thread it seems .....

That post was made in total sarcasm....I just had to say it because of all the gloom and doomers on here...lol

#33 10 years ago

I bought my TFTC off eBay, used Bill Me Later.
Got the machine I wanted, at the time I wanted, and paid it off in full in six months.
Worked for me.

#34 10 years ago

You might be better off taking a loan against your 401k, that way all the interest you pay is actually back to yourself. Assuming you have a 401k to borrow from.

#35 10 years ago

I would take loan from local bank interest rates are low enough.
I could see people needing loan for pinballs $5k and more and if thats what you enjoy no different then people buying snowmobile or atvs and taking loan its what you what to spend your money on

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Mountain Coin and Brady Distributing are two of the many coin machine distributors across the USA who use/offer payments with Firestone Financial:
http://www.mountaincoin.com/

Firestone will not fiance to the General public. Have to be an Operator. As others have said there is also a $200 filing fee. They also prefer a 10k Min.

We also offer Wells Fargo Financing, but I'm not sure we can do it for non Face to Face Sales. I will look into it.

4 years later
#37 6 years ago

It's not a matter of being able to afford it or not. The idea of layaway is simply to make payments on something that doesn't require a credit check and good credit or simply having a wad of cash sitting by. The reality is that many people, like myself, have credit cards but try not to use them for things where we will need to make payments on them after we have them. The interest and the temptation to pay minimum payments is unappealing.

Layaway allows you to make payments and when you are paid off, you own it. Done. No interest no more payments. Move on to the next machine in your addiction.

#38 6 years ago

#36 4 years ago

Wow, talk about an awkward pause in the conversation.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from SpaceGhost:

It's not a matter of being able to afford it or not. The idea of layaway is simply to make payments on something that doesn't require a credit check and good credit or simply having a wad of cash sitting by. The reality is that many people, like myself, have credit cards but try not to use them for things where we will need to make payments on them after we have them. The interest and the temptation to pay minimum payments is unappealing.
Layaway allows you to make payments and when you are paid off, you own it. Done. No interest no more payments. Move on to the next machine in your addiction.

You do know this thread is 4 years old and most people that posted are probably in a mental hospital after being on pinside that long.

#40 6 years ago

Thats great if some distributors do. The one I regularly use claim they can, but every time I ask about it, they state they can't do it because the machine is "in demand". yeah right. Well at least I can use all those credit card points for something else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-any-distributors-do-payment-plans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.