Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 179 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by crlush
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (1) (resized).png
    Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-Purple-FL (resized).jpg
    hardware-blank (resized).png
    IMG_7513 (resized).PNG
    pinballmeme (resized).png
    IMG_0634 (resized).JPG
    cedplayer (resized).jpg
    IMG_4935 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 7 years ago

No different to buying TV's - every year new screens come out and yesterday's models depreciate.

It's normal and of course it will happen as why on earth should pinball be different?

Probably will take a little longer as many will be in denial.

I have a TWD Premium and of course it would look better with one of the new screens - it's still an awesome game though.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I own a WoZ and my next game is going to be a DMD. So... yeah, you can enjoy both LCD and DMD at the same time. It's not even hard.

Agree, Kirk.

But, the point is would GB be better with the new screen? Of course it would

#120 7 years ago

Games like AFM are as much or more fun than most games post 2000 ( my opinion ) and whilst the dots are fun I can also only imagine a HD screen with beautiful animations.

And aesthetically same size screen as the DMD as the WPC games look so good.

Never going to happen of course.

So far none of the LCD games have made me want to buy them so whilst the screens are cool, if the gameplay doesn't click, it's kind of irrelevant.

#136 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't think we should compare pinball to home video versions of movies. VHS was always a terrible way to view movies. Technology keeps getting better to letting us enjoy a film like experience at home.
    It'd be one thing if Stsrn started releasing LCD improved editions of LOTR and TSPP...but they're not. So we can only judge a game on what it is. I went and played Batman 66 today, and while the display was neat - I came home and played a few 90's games that had much better gameplay and mechanical features. If I replace my old games with a new LCD game - it'll be because the game itself is amazing.

Agree. Gameplay has to be there and then LCD is the icing on the cake.

Batman 66 looks great but it could turn into boring man 66 judging by the early reviews. It won't of course because they put Lyman on it.

Have to say if Lyman had been put on AS would have been very tempted.

As it is both games probably a pass unless code on AS turns out to be awesome.

#142 7 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

Some restored EM titles are still bringing in $3k-$5K to the right collector. Same goes for early SS. Look at Fathom, Star Gazer, Quicksilver and Cheetah prices for reference.

True.

And some pre 1955 woodrails are still selling for $5000 plus. Glamor 1950 sold for $15000 plus last year.

Why? Because they are truly rare, pieces of art and most have great rulesets and are fun to play.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmds-just-became-vhs?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.