Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 179 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by crlush
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (1) (resized).png
    Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-Purple-FL (resized).jpg
    hardware-blank (resized).png
    IMG_7513 (resized).PNG
    pinballmeme (resized).png
    IMG_0634 (resized).JPG
    cedplayer (resized).jpg
    IMG_4935 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider niterider.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I guess my funhouse is a beta max then and I should just toss it out into the fire pit.

Heck, I'll take it off your hands for a couple of crisp dollar bills...

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Honestly, I am not trolling, I think the new LCD looks amazing and will put serious pricing pressure on high priced LE and premium DMD games.

Sorry, but if someone gave me one of these brand new pins I wouldn't even take it out of the box. (Well, I'd probably play Dialed in some). I would rather just trade it off for a couple of good classics that are fun to play. More than 90% of the time I'm not even looking at the video screen, my eyes are on the ball(s).

#144 7 years ago

Comparing DMD vs LCD pinball machines like VHS vs Blu Ray is a horrible comparison anyway. In my opinion, pinball machines are more like cars. For example, you could go to a dealer and buy a brand new Mustang right off the lot with GPS, Bluetooth, LCD lights and all sorts of modern electronics. That hasn't caused the price of a classic Mustang to plumit over the years, the price of a classic Mustang still has slowly climbed over the years.

So the thought that the price of DMD pins are going to plumit as they are "obsolete" because new, more advanced, machines are being made just won't happen. If anything, it will help maintain the prices of the overall market.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider niterider.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmds-just-became-vhs?tu=niterider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.