IMG_9901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9900 (resized).jpeg
3pu1kq (resized).jpg
75429320_2661710413892905_3615448893623369728_o.jpg
e60eb69d-5797-4e30-8f65-e1e33d1749f9.jpg
f6931b0f-0994-4cf6-b399-91336dfd2b2c.jpg
d653713e-61e6-4adb-b88e-193a58caab47.jpg
SLEIC.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slippifishi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1061 4 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

make a “donation” to get the colorized files for your pin... and still, I’m sure the final result will be worst than a pinballsp dmd.

Not all colour DMD artists demand donations for their work, in many cases I think you'll find they are optional and a simple friendly request to the artist will get you what you want - please and thank you goes a long way. Some of the artists actively refuse donations. Is $5 or $10 to add extra sparkle to your pinball machine really a lot to ask? I don't think so, and I'm one of the ones who refuses!

As for comparing the result of the output of the rival product with the OPs DMD, I guess we will have to wait for a working product before we can come to that conclusion. As it stands, the rival product you are discrediting does currently offer a greater library of working coloured titles.

I am excited my some of the features shown in the magic editor and the potential these could offer an artist like me, I see some ideas I have even toyed with myself in my own custom app I use for dump analysis. I do wonder if the auto-split feature will be as useful as expected, it may work well with short sequences but I wonder how this will deal with broken up dynamic sequences of several hundred or thousand frames that start and stop at different points across multiple dumps. I do see some features here that look really useful and would save me some time compared to the current editor I use, but until I know my work will not be wasted effort - even if it's only 7-10 days wasted effort - I am not willing to try, sorry.

I will add that I am neither German, or a troll, just a DMD colour artist who was inspired by the likes of Malenko (thanks buddy) and others, and gets a buzz from other people enjoying my work.

#1069 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Perfect. Do you know what is the problem ?
That I do not participate in a competitor's posts, to insult, provoke, spread lies (especially the leader of the German trolls gang, the one who steals PATENTED source code and changes the name of the product to show it as done by him), nor I make FAKE accounts to commit all those misdeeds.
All that, they do the gang of German trolls, among which is that friend of yours who is dedicated to painting games. That guy who is believed to be copied by everyone, and who is believed to have the patent for colors, among other delusions.
The trolls, they know, because the Forum Administrator has told everyone involved with the creation of color displays, that they should NOT participate in threads of a competitor, much less to provoke, insult and search for the flame ( which is the only thing the troll chase)
In short, a small group of trolls, envious and bad people. And I haven't told many things that have happened outside the forum, because the evil behavior of these trolls has no limits. However my lawyer is already aware, in case we need to intervene by legal means, we have all the data of at least two of those three trolls.
And I add, it is curious that your account is newly created, and your first and for now only post, has been to come directly to my thread. In your favor, unlike the German trolls who create fake accounts, you at least look like an educated person, I hope you stay that way, thanks.

PS: if someone wants to confirm about the theft, of PATENTED source code, by the German TROLLs, just ask to the Visual Pinmame forum administrator (Noah Fentz in VpForums forum). There, the stolen product is prohibited and the leader of the German TROLLs gang is banned, for that reason. And as we all know, who steals is a thief, and a thief is a criminal.
I am not at all interested in ANYTHING of what your German friends do. I have all the troll and all their threads banned, and I do not participate or read ANYTHING of what they publish. Let them do the same, and stop bothering here, It's that simple. 

Thanks for crediting me with an education, I'm glad it shows. I haven't made up my mind about you yet because I'm not sure what any of your response has to do with the fact I don't accept donations for my DMD colour work or that I won't work with your software until I know the output is assured. Regrettably you took my post as an opportunity to further flame and discredit rather than address my genuine concerns as a DMD colour artist and the get topic back on track, which I will try asking explicitly one final time:

1. How will your auto-split feature work with long sequences > 500 frames? I find this is the most time consuming portion of my work, but I see no reference to this in posts about your magic editor. If I am to colour in game in just the 7-10 days you imply, I will need to address these kinds of scenes fast and easy - how can/will you achieve this?
2. When can I expect to see a working firmware? This is the biggest block for me as an artist - I am not trying to incite a row, it's a genuine concern with respect to if I should start using your software.

The age of my pinside account should have nothing to do with it really, the fact you made this accusation in your first response to me is a little disconcerting, but that's your prerogative. If you want to get the pitch fork and tin foil hat out, go for it. While I have certainly spoken to and dealt with the people you accuse of being trolls (and I don't believe they are), I am in no way affiliated to them, or indeed anyone else, on this forum.

I will finish that the last person to invite the comparison between this and your rival products was yourself in post #1050. If you don't like the comparisons being made, perhaps don't make them yourself.

#1071 4 years ago

I did try using the magic editor shortly after you first released it, though admittedly I have not tried since then as I have been working on other things. I tried importing my dumps from STTNG as I had recently completed that project and liked what I saw - the ability to see sequences of frames with hashes is really useful and something I would love to have as navigating between frames to get this information can be tricky - I eventually wrote my own tool to do this, but having it inline in the editor is undeniably a great time saving feature. There are other "quirks" with the current editor I use that are no doubt not a problem in your application, though I didn't spend a great deal of time experimenting as ultimately there would be nothing to show for it - yes I may have some coloured dots on-screen, but dots on-screen look nothing like dots on-panel - you must know this yourself!

I appreciate you responding to my questions - these were not prompted, I am not colluding with anyone, nor were they an an incitement for argument, they are genuine concerns as a colour artist. I don't use Facebook so haven't seen anything you posted there, and while I have read through this entire thread in the past, it is now 20something pages long and I don't see any recent reference to release time frames. If this information has already been stated, then I am sorry I didn't see it - with respect, you tell me you have repeated everything else many times, but you didn't repeat that bit of information!!

I am sorry you don't like my acquaintances - please remember I have no control over who likes or dislikes my comments; if I dislike all their previous comments, will this help you respect me more? Regardless, I will follow your advice and move along elsewhere - thanks for your time and good luck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slippifishi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way?tu=slippifishi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.