IMG_9901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9900 (resized).jpeg
3pu1kq (resized).jpg
75429320_2661710413892905_3615448893623369728_o.jpg
e60eb69d-5797-4e30-8f65-e1e33d1749f9.jpg
f6931b0f-0994-4cf6-b399-91336dfd2b2c.jpg
d653713e-61e6-4adb-b88e-193a58caab47.jpg
SLEIC.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Be very careful with some "sellers", they get the money and never send anything, never reply to emails, and besides the hardware they make is pure trash.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-a-sega-192x64-replacement/page/4#post-3913217

Quoted from crunchysue:

Got a shipping notice!

Just sayin, she got a tracking number. I've dealt with GGS in the past without any issues. If you want to argue about the hardware , have at it, but its kind of childish to sling mud at sellers.

2 weeks later
#469 6 years ago

Any shots of frames with more then 4 colors?

#481 6 years ago

I'm gonna reply to parts of your post, please excuse the truncation.

Quoted from pinballsp:

I have been working some time ago in the Magic Color Editor tool, which will be compatible with ALL the DMDMK66 of the three resolutions (128x32, 128x16 and 192x64).

Steve's editor works on all 3 resolutions. I have colored an "XL" and a regular game with it.

Quoted from pinballsp:

Their color editor is extremely simple, if you read through the forum, you will see that someone who decided to color a game, needed more than 2 months to do it, so you can get an idea of ​​how simple that tool is
My Magic Color Editor will be accessible from the Internet, it will not be a software to run locally on your computer.

Their editor is more robust as of version 2. Ive colored games in as little as 2 weeks passively working on them, I took 2 months to recolor street fighter 2 because it wasnt a simple recolor I hand drew the bulk of the frames and I was learning what the heck I was doing!

I hope your editor has an "offline" mode, always connected isn't always a good thing.

Im not defending pin2dmd just giving my feedback as a person who has used their tools to color a game. I was hoping you'd show a screen shot of more than 4 colors being used but I was ignored.

It sucks that you guys keep bickering back and forth, just show what your product can do and that will get people to buy it more than mudslinging.

4 weeks later
#546 6 years ago

I just don't get why he has to keep typing out the "feature list" ad naseum. I mean we can all tell its a thinly veiled jab at competitors; and once its clever, every 5 posts is lame.

I'm still waiting to see a screen showing more than 5 colors. I think he has me bocked/ignore because he thinks Newark,De is in Germany or something.

2 weeks later
#619 6 years ago

Im just waiting to see 5 colors on screen at the same time from this. All Ive seen is color palette changes.

10 months later
#748 5 years ago

well no MSF is already being worked on (by me) guess I better throw a thread up when I get home so I don't get accused of copying someone!

1 week later
#778 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

2.- Import of already colored source files. There are not many available, and they are of poor quality (we can see some in this and other forums), but for tests they may have some use. However, the idea is to generate everything with the highest quality using the Magic Editor from dumps or binaries generated with Color Processor.

Please don't use my poor quality colorizations.

#781 5 years ago

He's still taking a swipe at me for no reason, so fuck him.

1 month later
#807 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I totally get it just for the average guy looking to upgrade to color on a budget this is a great possibility. Only problem is most people such as myself just dont have the time to sit down and go frame by frame adding color. Im definitely gonna keep watching this post though and see what comes about. Would be really cool if people who do colorize their games had a spot to upload that data for others to download either free or for some cash. Would mutually benefit all I would imagine.

Don't worry , he plans to steal all the hard work that I, and others, have done for pin2DMD while at the same time insulting our work. Every game I've colored is available to download for free including all source files for Pin2DMD hardware. Others, including CB3 have colored games and have the files, including source, available for free. I'd prefer my files only be used for Pin2DMD but if this garbage person wants to gleefully and publicly steal from me and others, so be it.

2 months later
#856 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Thanks.
The Magic Editor is practically ready to release, except for the import option that really will be only available for betatesters, so I think that probably I will release it soon.

Just make sure you don't import any of my hard work into your product.

2 months later
#878 5 years ago

Chad is a user, he has made new code for games like hook and baywatch

1 month later
#929 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

These are tests I do with the Editor. However it is one of my favorite games to color it. I would also like to color one of 128x16, specifically that of the Ninja Turtles.

Id love to see how TMNT turns out, I redrew pretty much everything. All the factory DMD images were single color (aka black and white) with little to no details.
Its still a work in progress but Im pretty much 99% done.
http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3616-tmnt/

3 weeks later
#966 4 years ago

I know there are only so many colors, but that "New York radar screen" from Godzilla is like a copy paste of my colorization. You even have the screens in the background the exact same colors and in the same order. New York in yellow, radar in the same slate blue, etc etc

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-godzilla

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Malenko of course its your artwork and it won't be the last, the whole pin2dmd catalogue will be stolen/conveted and sold as pinballsp artwork. And I'm almost certain the same will be done with colorDMD files......

russdx It's only blatant to me because I had to get super creative to use 16 colors for that pier scene with the boats. There's a reason why the boats share the same browns as the wooden pier; I had to reuse colors a lot. If his editor supports 32 colors, there's no good reason for both boats to share the same colors.

2 months later
#1058 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

the second troll who paints games (from the USA, although he is also German), this guy has delusions of that everyone copies him, as if he had patented the colors

I think thats me! I'm from the USA, and while I have some German in my bloodline, I'm mostly of Irish decent. I'm a green eyed ginger. I keep telling you the DE in my location stands for the state of Delaware, not Germany.

I'm not trolling, but it was apparent that you lifted the scenes I colored from Godzilla. The boat/dock scene was very obvious. I colored the boats the way I did due to the very small choice of colors I had. Since your software can do twice as many colors it made zero sense you'd impose the same limit on your version of the colorization. The scene with the army guy was even more bizarre. You even had all the computer screens in the background blink the same colors on the same frames. I even recolored that scene to show how easily it could have been colored differently.

I honestly wouldnt have cared that you used my work if you would have at least given me some credit.

I personally would love to see you color some Street Fighter II scenes with your editor.

#1064 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Perfect. Do you know what is the problem ?
That guy who is believed to be copied by everyone, and who is believed to have the patent for colors, among other delusions.

I think the problem is you like to play the victim card too much. Its pretty blatant you copied my work on Godzilla.
I went back and make the army guy a Navy guy, and made his hair blonde , made changes to other scenes as well.
I never claimed I have any sort of patent or the only colorization of this game. Even ColorDMD has a brown Godzilla so they took the time to color it the way they wanted instead of using someone else's work.

PinballSPcantDO this.gifPinballSPcantDO this.gif

1 month later
#1094 4 years ago

Id still like to see something colored that hasnt already been done before. Do some scenes from KISS or something.

2 weeks later
#1112 4 years ago

non-German non troll here, I'd love to see what your editor can do with Street Fighter II

2 months later
#1118 4 years ago

if its anything like the other DMD replacement options, you should be able to plug it in just fine. You may have to change a setting on the device to match the manufacturer. For example, taking it out of Data East Mode, and putting it in Bally/Williams mode

1 year later
#1182 3 years ago

Just replace the pinball SP boards with pin2dmd boards.

#1184 3 years ago

People need to know what PinballSP has done what he's likely to do again. He only added encryption after pin2dmd firmware was loaded on his hardware. If he was smart, he would have embraced it, since it already has a color editor. Instead he adds encryption and then pretends my Godzilla colorization was done by him in his editor. Funny story, before buying a pin2dmd I thought about buying SPs solution, and when I messaged him, he said full color support was a few weeks away, and that was 4 years ago.

I don't plan to go back and redo any games with more colors, if that's what you're asking. But I have started dicking around with CB3's x-men colorization, it was already amazing before the extra colors. I'm a new dad and I honestly don't have much time to mess around. It also doesn't help that the one working Pin2DMD I have has a bunch of dead pixels on both LED screens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

14,000 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 16.00
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way?tu=malenko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.