IMG_9901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9900 (resized).jpeg
3pu1kq (resized).jpg
75429320_2661710413892905_3615448893623369728_o.jpg
e60eb69d-5797-4e30-8f65-e1e33d1749f9.jpg
f6931b0f-0994-4cf6-b399-91336dfd2b2c.jpg
d653713e-61e6-4adb-b88e-193a58caab47.jpg
SLEIC.jpg
There are 1,203 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 25.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

The 192x64 display only install SEGA in four pinball models, Baywatch, Maverick, Batman and Frankenstein. There are no more manufacturers that install this kind of DMD.

Well, WMS did produce a bunch of slot machines with it, most notably Jackpot Party.

Jackpot PartyJackpot Party

Colourizing one of those might be fun.

#252 6 years ago

Please do not give him any more possible projects. I have been trying to find anything that will let me colorize my Jurassic Park. All of these projects are really confusing. I feel like I have been waving around a few hundred bucks for several years saying will someone please give me what I need and take my money. No luck so far, in the end I think it will be ColorDMD they just seem the most organized.

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Well, WMS did produce a bunch of slot machines with it, most notably Jackpot Party.

Colourizing one of those might be fun.

Interesting, I did not know. If that machine use same data signals than the SEGA pinballs, will work also with my DMD 192x64.

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Please do not give him any more possible projects. I have been trying to find anything that will let me colorize my Jurassic Park. All of these projects are really confusing. I feel like I have been waving around a few hundred bucks for several years saying will someone please give me what I need and take my money. No luck so far, in the end I think it will be ColorDMD they just seem the most organized.

Why don´t you take pin2dmd which is preinstalled on pinballsp's dmdst32 hardware and already used in 700 installations? User colorizations have already been done for many pinball machines using pinball browser or pin2dmd editor including some which are not available from colorDMD. Stern StarTrek and Gottlieb StreetFighter II for example. There is already a large community which can help you with your project.

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Why don´t you take pin2dmd which is preinstalled on pinballsp's dmdst32 hardware and already used in 700 installations? User colorizations have already been done for many pinball machines using pinball browser or pin2dmd editor including some which are not available from colorDMD. Stern StarTrek and Gottlieb StreetFighter II for example. There is already a large community which can help you with your project.

I could just never find an online store with all the details and info on exactly what you need. I heard you get 4 colors, some said you can get more, I just never found a good example or place to purchase. I did ask around at one point but was told you get panels from X board from Y software from Z. I guess I was wary of just buying from unknown sources.

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I could just never find an online store with all the details and info on exactly what you need. I heard you get 4 colors, some said you can get more, I just never found a good example or place to purchase. I did ask around at one point but was told you get panels from X board from Y software from Z. I guess I was wary of just buying from unknown sources.

What you descibe is the DIY path to get a pin2dmd which is the root of our project. Some hardware suppliers found out that they could help the community by offering the hardware completely preassembled and ready to install.
If you don´t want to DIY you just have to order a dmdst32 at pinballsp or any other pin2dmd hardware supplier and will receive it with the latest version of pin2dmd preinstalled. If you ask Luis to give you the device ID before shipping and send me this device ID with a PayPal donation of 10 Euro I will send you the activation key, which you can forward to Luis and receive you device activated and fully functional.

I think with the latest confusion about hardware and features it would be a good idea if Luis would design his panels modular with the user to choose between STM32 (pin2md), MK66, SAM7 ... and the ability to change processor / software architecture later by just replacing the CPU. We followed a modular architecture and with all the features we added over the last two years it was a good idea to do so.

#257 6 years ago

double

#258 6 years ago

Today I received several DMD data dumps from my friend Orlando. He has a lot of pinball machines, and is helping me to get these DMD data dump about several pinball manufacturers to may add to my DMDMK66 firmware. He sent me today several about Spinball, Stern Spike, WhiteStar and SAM. And later he will send me some about Gottlieb.

Curious Stern Spike, I thought that this should be similar to Stern SAM (4 planes by row), but not, its more similar to Bally/Williams, only 1 plane by row (like WPC and Capcom), and generate the 4 planes with 4 different frame times (1ms, 2ms, 4ms and 8ms).

Well, now I have all technical information to add Stern Spike, Capcom and Spinball to my DMDMK66 128x32. And as soon as I receive Gottlieb data dump I will try to add, too. So, after all tests, I think my DMDMK66 128x32 is also close to be ready to release first hardware and firmware version.

May be I release in same date, DMDMK66 192x64 and 128x32. And working also with 128x16.

Then will be time to work and finish software to apply advanced color frame by frame, I have some good ideas to do it with an optimized system of work that allow colorize games in no long time like happen now with another systems (terrible waste 2 months of time to color a game, there is people with a lot of free time and a very poor software).

SPIKE_DUMP.jpgSPIKE_DUMP.jpg

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Then will be time to work and finish software to apply advanced color frame by frame, I have some good ideas to do it with an optimized system of work that allow colorize games in no long time like happen now with another systems (terrible waste 2 months of time to color a game, there is people with a lot of free time and a very poor software).

Nice step to spit on work of other people that you have profited so much from in the past!!!

Without ideas from lucky1 and steve45 you'd still try to figure out how to add color to your dmd-led7 (copy of Run-DMD rgb panel control)
Like your copy pin2dmd called dmdst32 (patched software to hide pin2dmd logo)
And your newest invention (dmdmk66) is also only copy of open source code from pixelmatrix, which you also won't contribute to... and won't reveal the code like it should be in that community!

#260 6 years ago

This is why colorDMD is such a successful product. You just buy it and plug it in DONE, no messing about with loads of different hardware revisions or unfinished software or coming soon software or colouring your own shit or building your own shit or getting keys or hunting down information or install guides.

You just buy it / install it and it just freaking works!!!

so sooooo much more to a product then just the hardware.

#261 6 years ago

Today, by Skype, the PCB manufacturer, has sent me the picture of the PCB board already finished, and they already sent it to me today by DHL Courier.

So next week I will be able to set up the first prototype, do the latest tests here, and also send a second prototype to my friend Orlando to try on his machines, and the product will be ready to offer it for sale. Delivery time 2-4 days as soon as I have the product in stock.

I am very happy with this product, since it is 100% developed by me, both HARDWARE and FIRMWARE (do not need pay key licenses and do not need wait for any activation).

The product will have the highest quality (all in one big PCB), like my other DMD (DMDMK66 and DMDST32), professional finish, Plug and play to the original 18v connector of the original DMD (do not need external AC power supply, like offer another bad and very poor designs).

PS: A wise proverb I just invented right now, says; "Ignore the envious and the bad people, and you will progress in life.". I applied it in my life, for a long time, and it really works, and also this allow Im happy with my family, friends and people who appreciate me, which fortunately is a lot. Thanks everybody for support.

PCB_SEGA_002.jpgPCB_SEGA_002.jpg

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Today, by Skype, the PCB manufacturer, has sent me the picture of the PCB board already finished, and they already sent it to me today by DHL Courier.
So next week I will be able to set up the first prototype, do the latest tests here, and also send a second prototype to my friend Orlando to try on his machines, and the product will be ready to offer it for sale. Delivery time 2-4 days as soon as I have the product in stock.
I am very happy with this product, since it is 100% developed by me, both HARDWARE and FIRMWARE (do not need pay key licenses and do not need wait for any activation).
The product will have the highest quality, like my other DMD (DMDMK66 and DMDST32), professional finish, Plug and play to the original 18v connector of the original DMD.

Great news!
Ping me when the 192x64 is ready to ship, i want one!
/mima

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Great news!
Ping me when the 192x64 is ready to ship, i want one!
/mima

Thank you. I will warn when product is ready for sale.

#264 6 years ago

Will there be software for coloring the DMD ?

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

Will there be software for coloring the DMD ?

Yes, but in second release of firmware, now I'm working yet with it.

#266 6 years ago

Two days ago I received already the PCB for the DMDMK66 192*64, I will assemble and test along this week.

I have check the SD card access by SDIO 4 bit parallel, and its really VERY FAST, these are my Test Results, read/write between 16 and 19Mb/s. So, with so fast access, its enough to store files with full colored games, do not need external flash memory chip.

size,write,read
bytes,KB/sec,KB/sec

Also Im testing a new DC-DC switched circuit for this DMD 192*64, because the quantity of leds are 3 times more than the 128*32, so need a stronger circuit to connect directly to 12/18 VDC (do not need external AC Power Supply).

So, my DMDMK66 192*64 will be 100% Plug and Play, very compact and lightweight. Remove old DMD, connect DMDMK66 192*64 and work immediately, do not need external AC high voltage power supply, do not need connect any special cable, do not need key licenses, do not need wait for any activation, connect and work.

Im really very happy will all tests Im doing with DMDMK66 192*64, I think will be a very good product, high quality, very good features. And also Im working with the Software to color games for ALL my DMD, I have contact with a mexican software programmer to help me with it, because of Im very busy with hardware and firmware development.

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Two days ago I received already the PCB for the DMDMK66 192*64, I will assemble and test along this week.
I have check the SD card access by SDIO 4 bit parallel, and its really VERY FAST, these are my Test Results, read/write between 16 and 19Mb/s. So, with so fast access, its enough to store files with full colored games, do not need external flash memory chip.
size,write,read
bytes,KB/sec,KB/sec
Also Im testing a new DC-DC switched circuit for this DMD 192*64, because the quantity of leds are 3 times more than the 128*32, so need a stronger circuit to connect directly to 12/18 VDC (do not need external AC Power Supply).
So, my DMDMK66 192*64 will be 100% Plug and Play, very compact and lightweight. Remove old DMD, connect DMDMK66 192*64 and work immediately, do not need external AC high voltage power supply, do not need connect any special cable, do not need key licenses, do not need wait for any activation, connect and work.
Im really very happy will all tests Im doing with DMDMK66 192*64, I think will be a very good product, high quality, very good features. And also Im working with the Software to color games for ALL my DMD, I have contact with a mexican software programmer to help me with it, because of Im very busy with hardware and firmware development.

If you plan to use it as a card reader without display output or any other process running this may be true, but
instead of measuring some theoretical values you could have had a look at the demands of your application and see that SD card communication has never been a bottleneck.

You need as maximum :
192x64 pixel = 1536 byte per frame multiplied with 24bit color depth and 60 frames per second = 2160kB/sec
So even if you communicate with the SD in 1bit mode it is more than fast enough.

But there are other hurdles to take ...

#268 6 years ago

Preparing DMDMK66 Github, to upload soon, Firmware versions, Tools, Drivers, User manuals, Pictures, Videos, etc... Access to all updates is for free, do not need pay any key license and do not need wait for any firmware activation. Here all for the three DMDMK66 models (128x32, 192x64 and 128x16).

This is the Github link to access to DMDMK66 https://github.com/pinballsp/DMDMK66
Also I have prepare a Github for the Creature HOLO Modsp https://github.com/pinballsp/Creature-HOLO-ModSP

ScreenHunter_027.jpgScreenHunter_027.jpg

#269 6 years ago

Today I received the new DC-DC switched power chip, for the DMDMK66 192*64, this support up to 10 Amps, so enough for this DMD display.

The before chip that I install in the DMDMK66 128x32 only support 5 Amps, not enough to do a Plug and Play with so many leds (12288 leds, instead of 4096). And even if need, I have another solution pin to pin compatible for a DC-DC 12 Amps.

Also I have replace, in all my DMDMK66 designs, the THT inductor by a SMD version, and also the input connector is now SMD, so will be faster to assemble to offer faster lead time for big orders.

XL4016_003.jpgXL4016_003.jpg

#270 6 years ago

Software for advanced color, the "Magic Color Editor" is under development. Its yet in the beginning, but with good ideas to give a good support to the tasks of advanced coloring, frame by frame (with Key Frame), for all DMDMK66 displays (and future SAM7).

Developed with QT C++, so will may offer it for Windows, Linux (for PC), and probably for Raspberry and Android devices.

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Software for advanced color, the "Magic Color Editor" is under development. Its yet in the beginning, but with good ideas to give a good support to the tasks of advanced coloring, frame by frame (with Key Frame), for all DMDMK66 displays (and future SAM7).
Developed with QT C++, so will may offer it for Windows, Linux (for PC), and probably for Raspberry and Android devices.
» YouTube video

Nothing magic so far ! Just a simple pinMame dump file browser. Funny that you seem to have used pin2dmd real pin recording files generated with the pin2dmd tool in your demo.

#272 6 years ago

Jesus Christ do you 2 ever stop taking little digs at each other lol pin2dmd / pinballsp playground lol

I only watch this thread to see all the arguments and fighting haha.

Keep it up, is fun

Btw what happened to fastPinball dmd display that looked very interesting, id like more information about its hardware / software (i guess it comes drama free? Lol)

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Jesus Christ do you 2 ever stop taking little digs at each other lol pin2dmd / pinballsp playground lol
I only watch this thread to see all the arguments and fighting haha.
Keep it up, is fun
Btw what happened to fastPinball dmd display that looked very interesting, id like more information about its hardware / software (i guess it comes drama free? Lol)

Believe me when I say that it is fun for me too, to watch the progress ?? of this project. Talking about marketing promises in contrary to reality, what about the color editor you promised your pindmd3 customers ?

Live would be so boring without teasing

Here is the last info about the fast controller I read. Looks like a nice concept
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-pinball/page/6#post-3826759

#274 6 years ago

2 young kids is what happened!
Any way I did not promise it I said i would like to create one! (still will one day!)

That fast controller is very interesting indeed!

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Thats the best cause for a project delay. Still enough time when the kids have their own home

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#276 6 years ago

yes, not sure these dmd displays will be around in 18 years though? be hologram versions i guess lol?

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

We are overdue for a cool update. I'll post elsewhere in the next day or two.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Any way I did not promise it I said i would like to create one! (still will one day!)

You may not have said the words 'I promise' but I had certainly hoped to see one eventually... "one day" is just disappointing.

I've got two kids too so I get the busy part but I can't help but feel like I backed the wrong horse in my pinDMD3 purchase, if not for the work freezy did pinDMD3 users would have been left behind in the colour DMD world, thank goodness for his efforts.

Even with his efforts I decided to swap out my pinDMD3 controller for a PIN2DMD. I haven't gotten my orange colour looking as good as it did on the pinDMD3 yet but it is nice to know when new colour games come out I'll be able to play them.

[Quoted the wrong post... sorry]

One more edit...

The 'best' solution in my mind would be a colorDMD solution for VP... I'd gladly hand over what I've invested for both the PIN2DMD AND pinDMD3 plus some to have a colorDMD and access to their library of games on demand through my VP!

#279 6 years ago

I really like your last sentence. A ColorDMD for VP would be AWESOME and worthwhile, however I don't think its technically possible since it uses the output from a DMD. Imagine playing all 61 colored games with more coming. Wow. Certainly don't want to derail this thread so carry on!

Quoted from roar:

You may not have said the words 'I promise' but I had certainly hoped to see one eventually... "one day" is just disappointing.
I've got two kids too so I get the busy part but I can't help but feel like I backed the wrong horse in my pinDMD3 purchase, if not for the work freezy did pinDMD3 users would have been left behind in the colour DMD world, thank goodness for his efforts.
Even with his efforts I decided to swap out my pinDMD3 controller for a PIN2DMD. I haven't gotten my orange colour looking as good as it did on the pinDMD3 yet but it is nice to know when new colour games come out I'll be able to play them.
[Quoted the wrong post... sorry]
One more edit...
The 'best' solution in my mind would be a colorDMD solution for VP... I'd gladly hand over what I've invested for both the PIN2DMD AND pinDMD3 plus some to have a colorDMD and access to their library of games on demand through my VP!

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I really like your last sentence. A ColorDMD for VP would be AWESOME and worthwhile, however I don't think its technically possible since it uses the output from a DMD. Imagine playing all 61 colored games with more coming. Wow. Certainly don't want to derail this thread so carry on!

Technically not a big problem to generate the signals needed for a colorDMD from vpinMame but you would have to change the
sigma rom every time you change the table.

#281 6 years ago

Really?You could generate the signals for the colordmd? But you would need some box in between the computer and the colordmd display since the colordmd display board connects to the 14pin dmd controller.

Quoted from lucky1:

Technically not a big problem to generate the signals needed for a colorDMD from vpinMame but you would have to change the
sigma rom every time you change the table.

#282 6 years ago

Why would you ever want pinMame (running from a pc) to generate hardware pinball dmd signals just for a fpga to decode them to draw them back onto a lcd monitor.

Most inefficient thing iv ever heard!

If you want proper colorDMD support on pinMAME (which already drives a lcd natively)

You need to find a way to decode all the colorDMD rom files and do it all in software.

But it would be totally illegal! Unless you own the colorDMD rom! (which no one running pinMame would)

#283 6 years ago

Testing Magic Color Tool software to apply frame by frame color to all my Multicolor DMDMK66 (128x32, 192x64 and 128x16). There is still much to program, but step by step will come.

Now I'm working with several projects at time; Two professional projects custom-made, the Holo ModSP, the DMDMK66 128x32 (close to be ready to release), the DMDMK66 192x64 (also close to be ready to release), the DMDMK66 128x16 this is yet in the begining but with success in first tests, and two more pinball projects that hope soon advertise.

#284 6 years ago

DMDMK66 192x64 SEGA compatible, practically ready, pictures attached. Along this week I will finish some details, mainly about how update firmware. This DMD do not need connect to PC to update firmware, simply download new firmware from Github, put the file in the SD card, and in the next time that run the DMD, will update automatically.

Like see in pictures, this is a HIGH QUALITY product, professional development, all in one big PCB board, 100% PLUG and PLAY, do not need external AC power supply, simply remove your old DMD and place the new DMDMK66. This DMD install exactly same connectors than original plasma DMD, so one for data and one for power supply 18VDC.

Design very compact and lightweight, do NOT need pay key licenses, do NOT need wait for any activation, connect and product work immediately. Micro SD card allow store config of colors that user may choose, also bright level.

Product 100% hardware and firmware developed and manufactured by me (Pinballsp), so no third party dependencies about firmware, any question may contact always directly with me.

DMDMK66 192x64 is full compatible with all the 4 SEGA pinball models, so Maverick, Baywatch, Frankesntein and Batman. All updates for FREE, will may download from Github https://github.com/pinballsp/DMDMK66

Also I'm working with Advanced Magic Color Tool for all my DMDMK66 (128x32, 128x16, 192x64) to colorize full games, frame by frame. As soon as available first release also will be available in Github. And I will work also to provide some games already full colorized.

Price was already fixed, 355 Euros + freight cost. Optional extras, micro SD card preconfigured +9 Euros, Amber filter +19 Euros (this filter improve contrast and hide leds).

In pictures attached, may see TWO models, both really have same features. I made a second version, because of I found a new provider of Led panels with cheaper prices, though the plastic frame has different hole positions and connectors, so I redesign the PCB board to may assemble these led panels, and also I add some improvements to allow I assemble faster (replace inductor and input connector by SMD versions, to solder automatically in infrared oven instead of solder manually).

modelo1_001.jpgmodelo1_001.jpg
modelo1_002.jpgmodelo1_002.jpg
modelo1_003.jpgmodelo1_003.jpg
modelo1_005.jpgmodelo1_005.jpg
modelo1_004.jpgmodelo1_004.jpg
modelo1_006.jpgmodelo1_006.jpg
modelo1_007.jpgmodelo1_007.jpg
modelo1_008.jpgmodelo1_008.jpg
DSC_0616.jpgDSC_0616.jpg
modelo1_009.jpgmodelo1_009.jpg
DSC_0622.jpgDSC_0622.jpg
DSC_0631.jpgDSC_0631.jpg
DSC_0625.jpgDSC_0625.jpg
DSC_0636.jpgDSC_0636.jpg
DSC_0650.jpgDSC_0650.jpg
DSC_0651.jpgDSC_0651.jpg
modelo1_002.jpgmodelo1_002.jpg
DSC_0655.jpgDSC_0655.jpg
modelo1_003.jpgmodelo1_003.jpg

#285 6 years ago

Good!!!
How about the 128X16? I like to order both of them, with Creature mod!

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from Patrice:

Good!!!
How about the 128X16? I like to order both of them, with Creature mod!

Thanks Patrice.
Now Im working with the Creature mod, next will be the 128x16 DMD.

#287 6 years ago

I continue working with the Magic Color Tool, for advanced color frame by frame in all DMDMK66. Add CRC32 to calculate the unique Key Frame by frame.

Yet a lot to do, but step by step sure will be the best color editor to colorize full pinball games.

#288 6 years ago

If you want to make the best colour editor id highly suggest trying to colour a simple game your self (not a few frames, but the whole game) you will very quickly see what works and what doesn't and what needs improving very quickly.

A developer testing a few features vs actually using them for 100 hours is very different.

I also think a very useful feature would be a feature where the editor trys to colour in the next frame automatically based on the previous frames colouring. Not quite sure how this would work yet but is definitely possible with a bit of thought and would really speed up colouring by artists. Simple version would be just scan for identical pixel patterns and colour in using previous frame colouring.

Also need some sort of photoshop style tool bar for all the colouring tools with keyboard short cuts to swap tools quickly. The basic aim is for people to colour in frames quick as possible in least amount of clicks, with the software doing as much work as possible for you!

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

If you want to make the best colour editor id highly suggest trying to colour a simple game your self (not a few frames, but the whole game) you will very quickly see what works and what doesn't and what needs improving very quickly.
A developer testing a few features vs actually using them for 100 hours is very different.

I will try as soon as my Editor supports Advanced Options, the main idea is not colorize pixel by pixel or with the filler tool, so do not waste two months to color a game, but two weeks or less. Also I have more ideas to get games already colored.

Quoted from russdx:

I also think a very useful feature would be a feature where the editor trys to colour in the next frame automatically based on the previous frames colouring. Not quite sure how this would work yet but is definitely possible with a bit of thought and would really speed up colouring by artists. Simple version would be just scan for identical pixel patterns and colour in using previous frame colouring.

It's just one of the Advanced Options my Editor will support to color quickly, also some of the self-masking. An intelligent color editor is the key to offer the best multi-color DMD with many color games, and I'm working with it.

Currently working with Intelligent Pencil, Intelligent Filler, Colored Assisted Picture to Picture, Colored Assisted Picture to Animation, Automatic Mask Generation, etc...

Quoted from russdx:

Also need some sort of photoshop style tool bar for all the colouring tools with keyboard short cuts to swap tools quickly. The basic aim is for people to colour in frames quick as possible in least amount of clicks, with the software doing as much work as possible for you!

I know, I'm working on it too. Also my Editor supports all resolutions of DMDMK66, 128x16, 128x32 and 192x64, all in the same tool.

#290 6 years ago

The photos don't show any vertical seams in the LED modules. These are still 3 64x64 panels right?

#291 6 years ago

You can tell from the pcb silk its still 3 panels. Just been pressed together very tightly

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The photos don't show any vertical seams in the LED modules. These are still 3 64x64 panels right?

Yes, 3 x P2 64*64. If good design and assemble, there is no visible separation between panels.

#293 6 years ago

Today I have finally assemble the TEST board for the Multicolor DMDMK66 128x16. So I will start to work with firmware, that is practically same "Crypto Nix" that I use for my DMDMK66 128x32 and 192x64, but with a small modification to support 128x16 (one more data line).

This board include all the Z80 original circuit with Eprom and Z80 in PLCC socket and a Kinetis MK66 to process and display color animations in led panels.

As soon as all work with this TEST board, I will do the final DMDMK66, all in one board with same look that all my DMDMK66 (128x32 and 192x64). This DMD connect to 12V DC, do not need any external AC power supply.

With my Magic Color Tool Editor, also will may color, frame by frame all the 128x16 games.

DMDMK66128x16.jpgDMDMK66128x16.jpg

IMG_20170814_070435.jpgIMG_20170814_070435.jpg

IMG_20170814_070459.jpgIMG_20170814_070459.jpg

#294 6 years ago

Look forward to seeing what you come up with on the colouring software!

On the 128x16 you just pull out the eeprom from your old board into your board?

What is "crypto nix"?

Did fastPinball ever get released?

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

This is why colorDMD is such a successful product. You just buy it and plug it in DONE, no messing about with loads of different hardware revisions or unfinished software or coming soon software or colouring your own shit or building your own shit or getting keys or hunting down information or install guides.
You just buy it / install it and it just freaking works!!!
so sooooo much more to a product then just the hardware.

+1

#296 6 years ago

Status of Magic Color Editor Tool. I think in about 10-15 days will be ready the first version, and then I will try to apply to colorize some of the 192x64 pinball games for my DMDMK66 192x64.

1.- Added project management (Dumps, Animations, Key Frames, Color palettes)
2.- Added Key Frame calculation CRC32 by frame
3.- Added Pencil paint
4.- Added Filler paint
5.- Added Intelligent pencil
6.- Added Intelligent filler
7.- Added color management (16 colors assigned by user to paint frames)

#297 6 years ago

The only magic I see here is that it is more and more getting a clone of the pin2dmd editor from Steve

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

The only magic I see here is that it is more and more getting a clone of the pin2dmd editor from Steve

Regardless of whether that's true now or remains true after further development, provided that it remains open source, any interested party can contribute or improve things, or continue it if Luis ceases development.

I see that as a major asset.

#299 6 years ago

No offense but I'm already liking the interface of this tool vs. the PIN2DMD editor. For me it seems easier to comprehend and use.

#300 6 years ago

Will the output of this tool be compatible with PIN2DMD or pinDMD3?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 218.00
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Wanted
$ 27.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,203 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.