(Topic ID: 173693)

DMDMK66, new DMD multicolor by Pinballsp is on the way.

By pinballsp

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,015 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by pinballsp
  • Topic is favorited by 94 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 790 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ScreenHunter_008.jpg
ScreenHunter_007.jpg
ScreenHunter_011.jpg
ScreenHunter_010.jpg
ScreenHunter_009.jpg
Pinballsp_005.jpg
Pinballsp_004b.jpg
Pinballsp_002.jpg
Pinballsp_001.jpg
IMG_20190625_164710352 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190625_170911408 (resized).jpg
ScreenHunter_006.jpg
ScreenHunter_047.jpg
ScreenHunter_046.jpg
texto.jpg
nuevo_circuito_004.jpg

There are 1015 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.
#1001 17 days ago

Testing the VideoSP 192x64 DMD controller board. Fully compatible and replacement of the original, for SEGA pinball with large 192x64 screens.

After getting the JEDEC files for the three PALs, the product is fully functional, and is now available to those interested. The price includes one game in two PLCC32 Eprom. Board ready for use, connect and works immediately.

In the video attached, testing with the original CPU and a DMDMK66 of 192x64, it can also be used with the original plasma DMD.

#1002 16 days ago
Quoted from Evilelement:

Yeah back before the st32 when lucky was using the other boards st32f4 I made a few changes to the code for the outputs ,used it to control servos and rgbs on my johnny but then the GitHub code was removed , and a million changes later .amazing how much has progressed from the VP days , BTW another suggestion , I got hooked on p5 panels
Make a standalone for us guys
[quoted image][quoted image]

I added a event for such applications which sends out 2byte serial commands peripheral hardware which could e.g.control servos and rgbs

#1003 16 days ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Testing the VideoSP 192x64 DMD controller board. Fully compatible and replacement of the original, for SEGA pinball with large 192x64 screens.
After getting the JEDEC files for the three PALs, the product is fully functional, and is now available to those interested. The price includes one game in two PLCC32 Eprom. Board ready for use, connect and works immediately.
In the video attached, testing with the original CPU and a DMDMK66 of 192x64, it can also be used with the original plasma DMD.

Looks great!

1 week later
#1005 7 days ago

Any news about new firmware dmdmk66 to allow us to use colored files ?
I know you are very busy it’s just to have an idea of the delay before a new update.

#1006 7 days ago

wow, it's been some time since I checked in. Things are really starting to move now. cool!

Have anyone used the magic coloring to make a full color Frankenstein?

#1007 7 days ago

Yes, any idea when we will see the first PoC firmware using the color files? I think a lot of us are a little afraid to spend the time coloring games, as long as there is no guarantee that a firmware to use the files will ever exist?

I don't mean to be a jerk writing the above, but i just know that it is a concern that i have myself. I would like to buy a couple of displays, but just keep waiting for the time when the color files will be supported Fingers crossed it won't be long, and any new projects won't interrupt the progress of the firmware

#1008 7 days ago
Quoted from KoSLoW:

Any news about new firmware dmdmk66 to allow us to use colored files ?
I know you are very busy it’s just to have an idea of the delay before a new update.

Now I'm working with the Hologram Kit for the Creature and adding new features to the Magic Editor. I have not even had time to mount the DMDMK66 128x16.

As soon as I finish with the Hologram Kit, I continue with the Advanced Coloring for the DMDMK66, and I release the first version of fiwware in order to use the colored files with the Magic Editor.

#1009 7 days ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Yes, any idea when we will see the first PoC firmware using the color files? I think a lot of us are a little afraid to spend the time coloring games, as long as there is no guarantee that a firmware to use the files will ever exist?
I don't mean to be a jerk writing the above, but i just know that it is a concern that i have myself. I would like to buy a couple of displays, but just keep waiting for the time when the color files will be supported Fingers crossed it won't be long, and any new projects won't interrupt the progress of the firmware

Lately I have been busy finishing the Hologram Kit, also investing money hiring a graphic designer to make the videos of the kit.

Regarding your concern that there is no guarantee that there will be a firmware, keep in mind that I have invested enough time and money to develop the Magic Editor. That investment would not make sense, if it were not to make the firmware for the DMD, or if I was not totally sure how to do it.

I'm not going to start new projects, until the Hologram is finished, and continue to finish the firmware for the Advanced Coloring of the DMDMK66.

#1010 7 days ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Lately I have been busy finishing the Hologram Kit, also investing money hiring a graphic designer to make the videos of the kit.
Regarding your concern that there is no guarantee that there will be a firmware, keep in mind that I have invested enough time and money to develop the Magic Editor. That investment would not make sense, if it were not to make the firmware for the DMD, or if I was not totally sure how to do it.
I'm not going to start new projects, until the Hologram is finished, and continue to finish the firmware for the Advanced Coloring of the DMDMK66.

If I'm not wrong, I think you wrote something in this thread talking about wanting to release the firmware to use colorized files at the end of the summer.

If that is right, it's still your prevision?

#1011 7 days ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

If I'm not wrong, I think you wrote something in this thread talking about wanting to release the firmware to use colorized files at the end of the summer.
If that is right, it's still your prevision?

It's still the forecast, and in fact finishing the Advanced Coloring was the priority. The problem is that I went back to the Hologram Kit project, because I received many requests to finish it.

The plan and the priority were to finish the DMDMK66 of 128x16, release the first firmware version with support for Advanced Coloring, test and correct bugs, then release the firmware version for the 128x32 and 192x64 DMDs. Then continue with the Hologram Kit and other projects.

Now the Hologram kit is again an active project, although I decided to hire and pay a graphic designer to make me the videos. I finished the design of the screen support, I tried several TFT panels, and I'm waiting for the videos to test and offer the product.

I also finished the VideoSP controller board for the DMDMK66 192x64 large screens, with a second improved revision, and I have already to mount and send orders for this new product.

In any case, finish the DMDMK66 of 128x16, and offer the first version of firmware with support of Advanced Coloring, follow as planned. I will continue with the development as soon as I finish the Hologram Kit.

#1012 7 days ago

A few more comments about Advanced Coloring.

For me to offer a very good Editor for advanced coloring was fundamental, priority, before making any firmware. It is not possible to offer a very good product of Color Screens, without a very good Editor, it is essential, much more important than the firmware itself.

Now that the Magic Editor is almost finished, I am totally sure that coloring games for the DMDMK66 and DMDMX7 will be an extremely simple, comfortable and very fast task. Anyone will can color games in record time, and with little effort.

With the latest features that are being added, the coloring task will be even more comfortable and faster. All that I am adding, are the features that I miss as I am using the product, making my own color tests, I add what I need to go as quickly as possible in the coloring.

There will be no need to pay exorbitant and abusive prices for a color display. Nor take months to color a game, for having to use an editor with very poor features, or not be able to color and customize yourself your own games, for not having an editor of public access, free and without licenses. That will not happen with the Advanced Coloring solution that I am creating for the DMDMKX66 and DMDMX7.

In summary. What makes the Advanced Coloring solution with DMDMK66 and DMDMX7 special and different?

1.- High quality hardware, professional design, not DIY. I assemble myself with my Pick and Place machine, that allows me to have a low cost with the highest quality.
2.- Correct sale prices, not abusive or exorbitant.
3.- Magic Editor with the most sophisticated features, to color games in record time, quickly and comfortably.
4.- The Editor is public access, free and without licenses.
5.- The firmware does not need licenses or activations, the product connects and works immediately without limitations, or tedious waiting to receive licenses.
6.- Pre and post sale technical support, directly with me, the hardware and firmware developer, without intermediaries. I am not a distributor, I design, manufacture and sell everything I offer (Hardware and Software).

Attached pictures.

1.- Repairing a defective DMDMK66 192x64, a good microscope is essential. And know the product, hardware and software very well, something that only happens when you have designed and programmed everything yourself.
2.- All my boards are welded in infrared oven
3.- Assembly of components I do in my own pick and place machine, at zero cost. High quality, low cost, good sale price.

Pinballsp_001.jpgPinballsp_002.jpgPinballsp_004b.jpgPinballsp_005.jpg

#1013 5 days ago

The options to import GIF and animated GIF to any animation of the game, with the Magic Editor, are practically finished.

We can import any image in GIF and paste it to any frame of an animation. All imported GIFs can be viewed in a new column to the right of the Editor.

Also, it is already working, the option to copy and paste parts of a frame on another frame. With this option we can mark a rectangular area of ​​any frame, pressing Ctrl + C, this piece of image goes to a temporary area in the right column, we can also save it for later uses.

To use any imported GIF or parts of frames copied, just place the mouse cursor over the desired element, in the right column, and press Ctrl + V, to paste it over the current frame, at that moment we can move it with the cursor of the mouse to place it in the place that we decide and then press the ENTER key to fix it permanently.

When we paste a GIF on a frame, the color palette is automatically updated with the colors used by the GIF, up to a maximum of 32 colors per palette.

With all these new options now offered by Magic Editor, it will be very easy to customize any game, with your own and new scenes created and imported in GIF, add customized texts or copy and paste parts of one scene in another. The possibilities are many, it is not only about coloring a game, it can also be customized to each one's taste, to even improve or change the original scenes remarkably.

In the attached example images, the small blue robot and the red heart were not part of the original animation of the TZ. They were imported as GIFs and pasted to the scene.

As soon as all the new options are tested and possible bug fixes, we are ready to go to the final stage, the creation and release of the first firmware with Advanced Color support for all DMDMK66. Then you can try on the real DMD, the colored games with the Magic Editor. We are already close to seeing in practice the DMDMK66 working with Colored games.

ScreenHunter_008.jpgScreenHunter_007.jpg
ScreenHunter_009.jpgScreenHunter_010.jpg
ScreenHunter_011.jpg

#1014 3 days ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

As soon as all the new options are tested and possible bug fixes, we are ready to go to the final stage, the creation and release of the first firmware with Advanced Color support for all DMDMK66. Then you can try on the real DMD, the colored games with the Magic Editor. We are already close to seeing in practice the DMDMK66 working with Colored games.

Great new features in Magic Editor, and the progressions on the Advanced Color firmware for the DMDMK66 are exciting

Can't wait...!

#1015 3 days ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

Great new features in Magic Editor, and the progressions on the Advanced Color firmware for the DMDMK66 are exciting
Can't wait...!

Thanks for your support sonambulo.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PCB Emporium
There are 1015 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside