IMG_9901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9900 (resized).jpeg
3pu1kq (resized).jpg
75429320_2661710413892905_3615448893623369728_o.jpg
e60eb69d-5797-4e30-8f65-e1e33d1749f9.jpg
f6931b0f-0994-4cf6-b399-91336dfd2b2c.jpg
d653713e-61e6-4adb-b88e-193a58caab47.jpg
SLEIC.jpg
There are 1,203 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.
#751 5 years ago

Also you do not need a RT1020 Cortex M7 500mhz micro todo this job?? its insane overkill. pin2dmd has being doing the exact same job YEARS before you just on a little stmf4 (even on 192x64). Why do you keep throwing money and R&D at a problem that does not exist?? it makes zero sense. Its just a waste of time and money and probably just to say my cpu is bigger then yours (but i only use about 10% of it)

Or the firmware is crap and your just throwing more power at the the problem rather then fixing the real underlying issue / using a smaller micro correctly.

Nothing here is new or innovative, its all been done before! Only reason it appears semi professional (and i use that word loosely) is because of the custom pcbs which look 'fancy' BUT again any one with a electronics background can tell you they are all autorouted (just yuk and EXTREMELY lazy) and with badly placed components.

Fairplay your actually making stuff thats more then most people do JUST stop climing your the best/being copied all the time because your not!! its literally the opposite!

Post probably seams harsh and no one will understand it or agree with me, but any one with a software/hardware background will get what im saying! and see through the constant bullshit.

#752 5 years ago

My programmer continues working in the Magic Editor. The zoom is improved, with options of automatic resizing to the maximum size of the program window, various enlargement percentages up to 800%.

The zoom is real, and not on a small window, with which you can work with maximum comfort, large images, with large dots to make color to detail without forcing the view. Applicable to all monitor resolutions, mine is 32 inches 2K and works in great detail.

Three boxes are added vertically coupled to a left column, to select dumps, animations and frames by animation or dumps. We add eyelash systems to the work boxes, for a greater versatility of options. Magic Editor allows you to work with up to 32 colors per animation, you can choose each color of a RGB Picker with a depth of 24 bits (more than 16 million colors). It will add zoom from the mouse wheel, and scroll the image with the mouse cursor, all to get a really nice work tool to manage, for a quick and comfortable work.

Now it is necessary to add, most importantly, the assistants to the coloring (magic pencil, magic fill and magic frame on the frame), which will allow painting very quickly, by zones to several colors in a single pass or with filling in several colors.

All this by software, on the other hand will be Color Processor by HARDWARE, for an automatic coloring of complete games, that is a product that I am developing myself, and that together with the assistants of the Magic Editor will allow to color complete games in record time and with much comfort, within reach of anyone.

The attached capture screens, are only for TESTS, to check the Magic Editor, not final look of color games for DMDMK66 and DMDMX7. Really the Color Processor hardware will do most of work, and reserve the Editor for some details or special games.
ScreenHunter_049.jpgScreenHunter_049.jpgScreenHunter_050.jpgScreenHunter_050.jpgScreenHunter_057.jpgScreenHunter_057.jpg

ScreenHunter_062.jpgScreenHunter_062.jpg
ScreenHunter_061.jpgScreenHunter_061.jpg
ScreenHunter_060.jpgScreenHunter_060.jpg

pesta_001.jpgpesta_001.jpgpesta_002.jpgpesta_002.jpg

#753 5 years ago

Are you going to translate the program to English?

How do you tell your program to understand the content it is displaying? If you manage to do that automatically you should change immediately your business and get into AI programming and I predict that you’ll be millionaire within a few years!

Tbh, I still don’t believe you’ll get that done. It would be easy for you to display actual work on a real device, aeverything needed is at your desk!

There’s actually nothing to hide since all your projects were already done by others, nothing new to display! Holo mod by mike (tough, in a smaller version), rgb dmds by colordmd and pin2dmd and Eli Curtz’s rgb dmd (which is still your base code)

About hardware: you’ve done so many revisions, updates and changes!
How can I be sure if I purchase one of your products that you’re not selling outdated hardware because you’ve already a newer version with a newer and more powerful controller IC coming up and how do you keep track of all revisions and changes. Must be a real pita to support all different types.

I’d rather wait for a slower supplier and with bad history when it comes to service but with a working product in the same revision for almost 2 years now. Maybe GGS has a bad history but they deliver, and if not PayPal refunds.

It’s not about thrash talking your stuff but my personal point of view. I’d like to support the systems that are proven to be working in the past and maybe new products if I see results. Your holo thread is how old?
No video from your side for now, although you said you’ve shipped out some samples already to your friend!

#754 5 years ago
Quoted from Sicko_Fual:

Are you going to translate the program to English?
How do you tell your program to understand the content it is displaying? If you manage to do that automatically you should change immediately your business and get into AI programming and I predict that you’ll be millionaire within a few years!
Tbh, I still don’t believe you’ll get that done. It would be easy for you to display actual work on a real device, aeverything needed is at your desk!
There’s actually nothing to hide since all your projects were already done by others, nothing new to display! Holo mod by mike (tough, in a smaller version), rgb dmds by colordmd and pin2dmd and Eli Curtz’s rgb dmd (which is still your base code)
About hardware: you’ve done so many revisions, updates and changes!
How can I be sure if I purchase one of your products that you’re not selling outdated hardware because you’ve already a newer version with a newer and more powerful controller IC coming up and how do you keep track of all revisions and changes. Must be a real pita to support all different types.
I’d rather wait for a slower supplier and with bad history when it comes to service but with a working product in the same revision for almost 2 years now. Maybe GGS has a bad history but they deliver, and if not PayPal refunds.
It’s not about thrash talking your stuff but my personal point of view. I’d like to support the systems that are proven to be working in the past and maybe new products if I see results. Your holo thread is how old?
No video from your side for now, although you said you’ve shipped out some samples already to your friend!

... I am curious about your goal here. You keep posting complaints, but has he put anything up for sale yet? What is your goal? Because right now it is just coming off as a know-it-all one-sided argument

#755 5 years ago

I’m only checking my options.
A simple decision which route to go. If I get the answers I want I’ll wait for his products, otherwise not.

#756 5 years ago
Quoted from Sicko_Fual:

You'd have to be absolutely batshit crazy to order from GGS / Dom, now.

His stuff doesn't work, often, and he doesn't deliver. He's also given people who've been waiting many months old, pre-used product revisions which don't support the feature set that they thought they were buying (having refused to give refunds). Per that, he's had numerous revisions ... several of them buggy and with very poor workmanship, at best.

What's your association with him? Brand new account too.

Re: DMDMK66 vs the new MX7 ... I would hope he'll offer the new board to replace the MK66 controller, for people who already have the product. The DMD panels, shield and mounting hardware are unlikely to change.

I understand that people who are home building these kits might favour the PIN2DMD solution at the moment, but I'd wager less than 20% of total units in use were not pre-built.

If Luis makes good on his software promises, then why on earth wouldn't you support it? His hardware is far better, and he seems to have fewer issues with honesty. Maybe he'll offer just the boards in future, so people who want to do DIY can roll their own kits, a bit cheaper.

#757 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

You'd have to be absolutely batshit crazy to order from GGS / Dom, now.
His stuff doesn't work, often, and he doesn't deliver. He's also given people who've been waiting many months old, pre-used product revisions which don't support the feature set that they thought they were buying. Per that, he's had numerous revisions ... several of them buggy and with very poor workmanship, at best.
What's your association with him? Brand new account too.
Re: DMDMK66 vs the new MX7 ... I would hope he'll offer the new board to replace the MK66 controller, for people who already have the product. The DMD panels, shield and mounting hardware are unlikely to change.
I understand that people who are home building these kits might favour the PIN2DMD solution at the moment, but I'd wager less than 20% of total units in use were not pre-built.
If Luis makes good on his software promises, then why on earth wouldn't you support it? His hardware is far better, and he seems to have fewer issues with honesty. Maybe he'll offer just the boards in future, so people who want to do DIY can roll their own kits, a bit cheaper.

I am really looking forward to the software in particular, as I have one game with a DMD Extender installed and which works great with the LCD panel I'm using with it, but it is hard to get the color right. I have it installed in a twilight zone, where I wanted it black&white, so i dialed it in greyscale, but it would be great to use something for other games. Luis has his hands in a LOT
of projects.. plus I'm sure he has a day job so it's pretty awesome he's even moving
Forward on these projects! I've been trying to get a board
Built for a few months but get too busy and I get how complicated this gets!

#758 5 years ago

I don’t know much about you rubberducks, all of us started somewhere some time ago, right?
Being new at the forums doesn’t mean I’m new to all these things. I’m just new to this forum. But what I already could read all around is
I don’t like to bash around and was just deciding back and forth. And even bad reputation is some kind of, ain’t it?

I don’t also know much about Luis but for now I’ve seen more results from all other companies and competitors. Even if it would be diy, I’d prefer the more common and future proof idea. A simple video of something working would be really helpful, that’s all I’m asking for. A video of more then 4 different colors on one of his dmds, a simple boot up test of one of the previous holo mod protos or something similar. I’m not really sure but I saw a comment where he confirmed Software working already about 90% on the holo mod.

Just curious what’s going on here, nothing more or less.

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from Sicko_Fual:

I don’t know much about you rubberducks, all of us started somewhere some time ago, right?
Being new at the forums doesn’t mean I’m new to all these things. I’m just new to this forum. But what I already could read all around is
I don’t like to bash around and was just deciding back and forth. And even bad reputation is some kind of, ain’t it?
I don’t also know much about Luis but for now I’ve seen more results from all other companies and competitors. Even if it would be diy, I’d prefer the more common and future proof idea. A simple video of something working would be really helpful, that’s all I’m asking for. A video of more then 4 different colors on one of his dmds, a simple boot up test of one of the previous holo mod protos or something similar. I’m not really sure but I saw a comment where he confirmed Software working already about 90% on the holo mod.
Just curious what’s going on here, nothing more or less.

Well you're speaking about the two products like you know the background of both of them. Defending Rappelbox, if you know the history, is rather difficult. If you don't know, then I'd urge caution.

I'd suggest searching threads here and on Flippermarkt re: GGS / Rappelbox. Not just for the PIN2DMD, but the CftBL holo mod he supposedly had built and tested ... 2 years ago, and was taking money for, when he patently had nothing. It isn't very pretty. He's continually first denied and then apologised for his antics, claiming everything is fine now and it won't happen again, then exactly the same happens again immediately. It's been going on for ages.

Luis has got involved in some silly arguments ... and that's about it. To my knowledge he's always delivered to and supported his customers, and his products are functional and well put together. None of these things are true of Rappelbox or his products. Luis' main problem seems to be that he gets easily distracted and takes on loads of projects, which means it takes him forever to finish anything.

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Well you're speaking about the two products like you know the background of both of them. Defending Rappelbox, if you know the history, is rather difficult. If you don't know, then I'd urge caution.
I'd suggest searching threads here and on Flippermarkt re: GGS / Rappelbox. Not just for the PIN2DMD, but the CftBL holo mod he supposedly had built and tested ... 2 years ago, and was taking money for, when he patently had nothing. It isn't very pretty. He's continually first denied and then apologised for his antics, claiming everything is fine now and it won't happen again, then exactly the same happens again immediately. It's been going on for ages.
Luis has got involved in some silly arguments ... and that's about it. To my knowledge he's always delivered to and supported his customers, and his products are functional and well put together. His main problem seems to be that he gets easily distracted and takes on loads of project, which means it takes him forever to finish anything.

And that is my argument right now! I’d rather take a product that is working, even if I have to worry how fast or reliable the supplier is rather than having to wait for ages and nothing coming up! I see a lot of new projects for pin2dmd coming up and finished ones too and around 80 colored games from colordmd. That is my concern!

I get the impression you’re defending Luis for some reason, which is by the way absolutely ok for me.

It’s not my taste as I don’t hear any word from the man we’re talking about.
I’m always into new products and that’s not the issue here, it’s simply I don’t see an end of hardware development whereas software is, let’s be honest, more or less basic or even rudimental! As russdx stated above, hardware is only an issue if you’re not that good at software development.

What I could read from the above comment from Luis is that he is involved in hardware development for companies and other projects. Wouldn’t it be beneficial for him to stop maybe 2-3 projects, focus on a single task, finish that and get on to the next one. If that finished task is successful there will be no need to get on to the next project. Or give the finished project to employees, even if only part-time.

So Luis, get your dmds done, or leave it like they are atm or focus on another single project maybe not even pinball related, but that’s only speculation as I’m not involved in your business and don’t want to talk you into something.

Good luck, I’m playing pinball now

#761 5 years ago

You're not listening ... and because I presume you do know the history, and have chosen to defend the indefensible.

#762 5 years ago

I’m listening and taking the lesser evil waiting for a supplier for the on product or paying premium for the other. So only 2 choices for now.
I don’t need and want to defend anyone, only counting odds. Like said before, if there was a proof of 16 colors or more, a beta test of the holo or any other finished product I’d rather go with these than with other companies. Just give me a reason to wait, not the prejudices and business practices of the other companies!

Being better sells, not trash talking others!

#763 5 years ago

He's another troll, just put him on ignore so we can keep moving the thread forward.

#764 5 years ago

Trying a very special case, and surely unique in Advanced Coloring, I've only seen it in the Baywatch. Dynamic data, with scores in large hollow numbers, behind them there are animations,

Mixing it is complicated, to get those colored animations, a special algorithm is required, we are in it, I have studied it and I think I know how to do it. The programmer Carmelo is implementing it in the Editor, as an option configurable by the user, and I in the firmware of the screen. It is curious the complexity involved, to be used only in a single game. The rest of the dynamic content treatment, for all games, with masks is already tested and working (also those of rats in Dracula).

ScreenHunter_069.jpgScreenHunter_069.jpg

ScreenHunter_082.jpgScreenHunter_082.jpgScreenHunter_084.jpgScreenHunter_084.jpgScreenHunter_085.jpgScreenHunter_085.jpgScreenHunter_087.jpgScreenHunter_087.jpg
#765 5 years ago

I like the glass numbers, but do you think there will be a tool or method to “stain” the numbers, as in make them colored while maintaining the translucent glassy effect to make them stand out more against the background?

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I like the glass numbers, but do you think there will be a tool or method to “stain” the numbers, as in make them colored while maintaining the translucent glassy effect to make them stand out more against the background?

Applying a translucent color within the numbers can be very complex, or maybe it can not be done. The idea is to keep it as in the original, transparent within the numbers, to see the complete animation through it. Doing it with dynamic content is not easy, but I already know how to do it.

Also, this only works for the Baywatch, I do not know any other game in which the scores come out this way.

#767 5 years ago

The Multicolor DMDMK66 128x64 for vintage machines, such as the "Rage in the Cage" and others from the same era, is fully finished, tested and working 100%.

The product is available for purchase in the virtual store of my Facebook and also announced in the Pinballsp webshop in Pinside. The firmware is updatable for free from the Pinballsp Github.

Share the same features as the other DMDMK66 screens. It is Multicolor, configurable by the user, does not need licenses or activations, 100% plug and play. Compatible with the Advanced Coloring tool, Magic Color Editor, that I am currently developing to color the games of all the DMDMK66 and the future DMDMX7.

I attach some photos of the product, and as soon as I can I'll upload a video of the screen shooting the game of the Rage in the Cage, and I wait for another video of a client as soon as he install it on their machines.

DMDMK66_128x64_001.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_001.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_002.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_002.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_003.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_003.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_005.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_005.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_006.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_006.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_007.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_007.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_007b.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_007b.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_008b.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_008b.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_009.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_009.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_010.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_010.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_011.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_011.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_012.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_012.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_013.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_013.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_014.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_014.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_015.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_015.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_016.jpgDMDMK66_128x64_016.jpg

#768 5 years ago

Carmelo continues to work with the Magic Editor of Advanced Color and I am really very happy and very impressed with the results I see and how well Carmelo works, he is a very good programmer, an expert in image processing.

There is still a lot to do, but the current state is very good for me, I'm sure it will be a fantastic tool for coloring games for DMDMK66 and DMDMX7. And I have not yet shown the Color Processor hardware in operation, it is the most powerful of the Advanced Coloring system, but that will be later, now I am busy with the Hologram kit for the Creature, and Carmelo is still working with the Magic Editor.

The improvements for last version testing today are:

1. Keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + Z and Ctrl + Mayus + Z to handle the Undo and Redo.

2. The window that shows the previous frame is automatically resized to occupy the maximum possible size.

3. Zoom with Ctrl + Mouse wheel (you must locate over the window) and also the + and - buttons were added, I could not zoom in on the mouse point, It will be for later.

3.1. You can move the image with the Mouse using the Right mouse button to change the mode between Movement and Paint.

4. The animation buttons were repaired, the first one is for (Play/Pause), in the second Stop, the next two are for step-by-step progress, and the last two increase or decrease the playback speed.

5. The default colors were set, when (disable color), it is active to do the opposite of assigning a color, that is to say removing it.

6. A new item is added to the menu that allows you to open one of the created projects above or use the button (Open ...) to find one in the folder.

7. Added the Assisted Fill and the Smart Pen. When clicked, a window will appear with the brightness levels, clicking on the colors in the palette will assign the colors to each brightness, you can click on a brightness level to reassign a color and then press [Ok] to finish and start using. You can also select the size of the brush, 1, 2x2, 3x3, etc ... to paint and fill quickly using the wizards.

8. A button that orders the list automatically flips or frames alphabetically, You can also manually sort by dragging and dropping the item from the list to your new position.

9. I keep working on the rest, files: save, import, encrypt, etc.

ScreenHunter_116.jpgScreenHunter_116.jpg

ScreenHunter_119.jpgScreenHunter_119.jpg

ScreenHunter_123.jpgScreenHunter_123.jpg

#769 5 years ago

Awesome progress! Does your program rely on Java or .NET? I want to test it in Linux using Wine.

#770 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Awesome progress! Does your program rely on Java or .NET? I want to test it in Linux using Wine.

It is not made in JAVA language. It is being developed with QT5/QT Creator, so C++. I'll ask Carmelo if he can compile the same sources to create a Linux version.

#771 5 years ago

If it's on Qt it should be possible to port to Linux, Mac, Android and iOS.

#772 5 years ago

Carmelo, the programmer, confirms that for Linux, the editor can be ported, and for MAC or Android, he must verify it and he will confirm it. Practically, there will be versions for Windows and Linux.

#773 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

The Multicolor DMDMK66 128x64 for vintage machines, such as the "Rage in the Cage" and others from the same era, is fully finished, tested and working 100%.
The product is available for purchase in the virtual store of my Facebook and also announced in the Pinballsp webshop in Pinside. The firmware is updatable for free from the Pinballsp Github.
Share the same features as the other DMDMK66 screens. It is Multicolor, configurable by the user, does not need licenses or activations, 100% plug and play. Compatible with the Advanced Coloring tool, Magic Color Editor, that I am currently developing to color the games of all the DMDMK66 and the future DMDMX7.
I attach some photos of the product, and as soon as I can I'll upload a video of the screen shooting the game of the Rage in the Cage, and I wait for another video of a client as soon as he install it on their machines.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, is there a list of compatible machines?

#774 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Carmelo, the programmer, confirms that for Linux, the Editor can be ported, and for MAC or Android he should check it and he will confirm it. Practically, there will be versions for Windows and Linux.

At least as I understand it, the whole point of Qt5(+) and Creator are portability and in some cases inter-operability.

#775 5 years ago

As soon as I have an operative version of the Magic Editor, I will put it at the disposal of several beta testers, so they can try it.

The idea is to be able to use the Magic Editor with these three data sources:

[ removed - Please do not use Pinside to promote copyright infringement of complete artwork that is the property of other companies and/or independent authors on other projects. ]

#776 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Looks great, is there a list of compatible machines?

I only know the Rage in the Cage, but it can practically work on any machine that installs a 128x64 plasma screen, with 2.5mm dot pitch.

And if in some other machines it does not work well, I can always modify the firmware to add them, no problem, I have already done it with other machines and other screen formats successfully.

Tomorrow I will connect here the CPU with the additional I/O boards, the video controller and all the switches and wires to start and play a complete game on my desk, and I will record a video.

#777 5 years ago

Carmelo just confirmed me also Mac, but for Android it is more complicated and practically would require a new development. So it is confirmed that the Magic Editor will be available for Windows, Linux and Mac.

#778 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

2.- Import of already colored source files. There are not many available, and they are of poor quality (we can see some in this and other forums), but for tests they may have some use. However, the idea is to generate everything with the highest quality using the Magic Editor from dumps or binaries generated with Color Processor.

Please don't use my poor quality colorizations.

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I think he's taking a swipe at the software, not the people who did the colouring ... not that that is necessary either.

#780 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Yeah, don’t understand the bitching from Pinballsp here. If he truely feels that way why take the effort to hike f.o.c. on the work of others and use it to sell your work?

I am enjoying my pin2dmd and smartdmd with the so-called poor coloring nevertheless.

Don’t predator on the voluntary work of others for commercial purpose is my advice and promote your own stuff without bitching to the others. Proof yourself by your own work no matter how long that lasts. This arrogant attitude is not earning my euro’s and I think more will feel the same.

#781 5 years ago

He's still taking a swipe at me for no reason, so fuck him.

#782 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

He's still taking a swipe at me for no reason, so fuck him.

He takes a swipe at every one and literally thinks his product is the best and most innovative thing out there when i can assure you its not!

Notice how hes happy to import in every one elses hardwork, edit slighty, call it his own and then encrypt and sell as his own.

Morals of this guy are beyond me!

#783 5 years ago

I would have loved to see an open format for game colorizations, so that people doing game colorizations could do it for more than just one hardware and everybody could use it.

Maybe there is one editor or two, one display hardware or more color codings should be interchangeable.

Regarding editors or display hardware let people choose what they like best. Be it dmdmk66 or pin2dmd or something else.

/Steve

#784 5 years ago

All connected and ready to test DMDMK66 128x64 with the "Rage in the Cage" plates (CPU, I / O, DMD controller), I hope it does not explode anything. If all is well, I will make a video of the product running with a complete game to see the animations.

RAG_TEST_001.jpgRAG_TEST_001.jpgRAG_TEST_002.jpgRAG_TEST_002.jpgRAG_TEST_003.jpgRAG_TEST_003.jpgRAG_TEST_004.jpgRAG_TEST_004.jpg
#785 5 years ago

DMDMK66 128x64 tested with a CPU "Rage in the Cage", works perfectly. I made some small modifications to the firmware to set the resolution and everything works fine.

Product ready for shipment next week. I am happy to allow the recovery of these machines, which would otherwise end up destroyed in a scrapyard.

FOTO_002.jpgFOTO_002.jpgFOTO_001.jpgFOTO_001.jpgFOTO_000.jpgFOTO_000.jpg
FOTO_003.jpgFOTO_003.jpgFOTO_004.jpgFOTO_004.jpgFOTO_005.jpgFOTO_005.jpgFOTO_006.jpgFOTO_006.jpgFOTO_007.jpgFOTO_007.jpgFOTO_008.jpgFOTO_008.jpgFOTO_009.jpgFOTO_009.jpgFOTO_010.jpgFOTO_010.jpgFOTO_011.jpgFOTO_011.jpgFOTO_012.jpgFOTO_012.jpgFOTO_013.jpgFOTO_013.jpgFOTO_014.jpgFOTO_014.jpg

#786 5 years ago

Awesome work!

#788 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

DMDMK66 128x64 tested with a CPU "Rage in the Cage", works perfectly. I made some small modifications to the firmware to set the resolution and everything works fine.
Product ready for shipment next week. I am happy to allow the recovery of these machines, which would otherwise end up destroyed in a scrapyard.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, now do Data East Star Wars

#789 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Nice, now do Data East Star Wars

Quoted from pinballsp:

Now I'm busy with the Hologram Kit for the Creature and the Advanced Color for the DMDMK66, I want to release both this month. Then I will prepare the final version for the 128x16 screen.

#790 5 years ago

Hi all,

Any idea about the availability of the coloring software ?

#791 5 years ago
Quoted from Kris35:

Hi all,
Any idea about the availability of the coloring software ?

Yes, read pinballsp's posts on this page.

#792 5 years ago

Carmelo continues working with the Magic Editor, adding new features, modifying and amending some. I hope to release the first version for public download from Github and Gitlab, as soon as the Masks for Dynamic Content system is ready, tested and running. Then I will release the first firmware version for DMDMK66 and DMDMX7.

In the new version he sent me today:

1.- The zoom was improved, now the focus of the zoom acts on the positioning of the mouse pointer when using the mouse wheel, it is tested and works very well. Very good option to quickly access the details of the image to be colored.
2.- The edited and colored frames are permanently saved.
3. The editing menu has the options Save (Ctrl + S) and Discard (Ctrl + D) that are used to save an edited frame or discard everything edited.
4. Now selecting the size of the brush, on the mouse pointer is shown a box that marks the size, to know precisely how many pixels were painted for each pass of the pointer, 1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, etc. It is a very quick way to paint several pixel with several colors in a single pass.
5. Previously found errors were repaired.
6.- In the window to choose colors for Advanced Fill and Smart Pen tools, was added a check called [Deactivate color] when it is selected you can click on a color to disable it. With these options, you can paint multiple colors in a single pass or use the Advanced fill to color with maximum speed.
7.- Tested to work with up to 32 colors per animation, works perfect. You can choose each of the 32 colors of any RGB color from the color selector (16 million).

Suggested corrections and additions for next version:

1.- Fix the color assignment by default, for 4 or 16 levels of brightness.
2.- Add option "Drag and Drop", to quickly add animations to the project, so that with the mouse you can take a file from the file browser to the editor's main files window.
3.- Modify the shape of the dots, so that they are round (they are now square), so that what is seen is more like the final result on the real DMD (DMDMK66 and DMDMX7)
4.- Add language selection for all texts, English - Spanish (maybe also French and German).
5.- Improve the color selector, with greater chromatic variation and brightness levels.
6.- Help menu options, About, etc ...
7.- System of masks for dynamic content.
8.- Check duplicate Keyframes
9.- Advanced Painted Algorithm, automatic painting of current image from previous, one or several, for very fast and automatic color of animations.
10.- Prepare versions for Linux and Mac. Maybe in the future for Android, but that requires a new programming and is dismissed for now.

PS: The hardware assistant is now "Color Power", available to me and the beta testers. A new design with two Cortex M7 500Mhz, for better performance, the same microcontroller that will install the new DMDMX7.

ScreenHunter_030 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_030 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_031 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_031 (resized).jpg
ScreenHunter_028 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_028 (resized).jpg

#793 5 years ago

Magic Editor in action, playing a colored sequence for a Batman with DMDMK66 192x64. The editor's assistants allow coloring quite quickly, and there are still options to add to help and accelerate the coloring tasks.

In the editor, two images are displayed, the largest one is the one on which you work to color, and the smaller image is the previous one that serves as a reference to color the current one. The main frame can be resized, using the zoom, for more precise access when coloring complicated areas.

CLICK on the images to open and view the animations with good quality (the image preview of the forum, compress with terrible quality. For next will be better to do a video and upload to Youtube).

animacion_magic_002.gifanimacion_magic_002.gifanimacion_magic_005.gifanimacion_magic_005.gif

#794 5 years ago

My Pick and Place machine is practically ready to start mass production of the DMDMK66 and DMDMX7 multicolor displays. It was somewhat complex because there are many parameters to configure and some calibrations to make so that everything works well.

Making the latest tests and adjustments, and probably next week I'll put it into operation to assemble all the boards with this fantastic machine, both the displays, as the hologram kit and any other product I design.

I hope to offer a product of the highest quality, assembled in a record time and without any assembly cost, which will allow me to offer a good product at the best price. Along with the Advanced Coloration, in which I continue to work, I think I will offer a good multicolor display solution for pinball and other machines that use this type of screens.

We continue working in the Magic Editor, now adding some utilities to facilitate the work, important to be able to color quickly, is what interests me most, that all the coloring task is very comfortable and fast. As I am coloring games myself, I realize what I need for Carmelo to add it to the Editor, we are going at a good pace in the development of the product.

neo_001.jpgneo_001.jpgneo_002.jpgneo_002.jpgneo_003.jpgneo_003.jpg

#795 5 years ago

We continue to advance with the Magic Color Editor, improving it and adding new options to facilitate and accelerate the coloring tasks.

Today, new options were added and tested:

1 .- Round pixels.
2 .- (Shift + mouse wheel) increase / decrease pencil thickness.
3 .- Icon change for buttons increase / decrease playback speed.
4 .- New drop-down to indicate Algorithm Number 0 - 255, is in the animation tools tab (this is to apply special color algorithm by hardware)
5 .- Add dumps to project with Drag And Drop mode.
6 .- The tooltip was added to the buttons.
7 .- A new color selector, with more options, though need yet add a new color management for best and fast access.
8 .- Option to activate the draft mode "Activate draft mode" when the pencil and smart pencil are selected as a draft, be at the bottom of the drawing tools tab.
9 .- New menu "View | View edited pixels" when selected, highlights the modified pixels, when this option is enabled, the editing is disabled.
10.- New menu "View | Configure mask" allows you to define the region to use to calculate the checksum of the animations of the project.
11.- New menu "View | System Palettes" allows to create and manage palettes that will be available for all the projects in all the projects, said palettes can only be modified from this window, to differentiate them the name with a starting point is shown.
12.- The list of frames can be displayed in thumbnail mode or text to the user's choice, to see the thumbnails you must click on the button located on the right side of the button that expands or collapses the list of frames, has the icon of an eye.

ScreenHunter_016.jpgScreenHunter_016.jpg
ScreenHunter_013.jpgScreenHunter_013.jpgScreenHunter_014.jpgScreenHunter_014.jpgScreenHunter_015.jpgScreenHunter_015.jpg

ScreenHunter_010.jpgScreenHunter_010.jpg
#796 5 years ago

Today I was testing the Pick and Place machine to mount the 192x64 DMDMK66 displays, a few adjustments and calibrations, and everything is working fine.

I only have to program the assembly of the DMDMK66 of 128x16 and the boards of the Kit of the hologram. I also have to mount enough DMDMK66 128x64 displays, but those will need special treatment.

In general, very satisfied with the operation of the machine, it will save me a lot of work time, so I can dedicate it to the most interesting tasks, which are always those of design and development. New hardware and software, mainly for the DMDMK66 and the new DMDMX7, launching the entire Advanced Coloring system.

NEO4_MK66_001.jpgNEO4_MK66_001.jpgNEO4_MK66_002.jpgNEO4_MK66_002.jpgNEO4_MK66_003.jpgNEO4_MK66_003.jpgNEO4_MK66_004.jpgNEO4_MK66_004.jpgNEO4_MK66_005.jpgNEO4_MK66_005.jpgNEO4_MK66_006.jpgNEO4_MK66_006.jpgNEO4_MK66_007.jpgNEO4_MK66_007.jpg

#797 5 years ago

Excellent news! Now that there is no assembly cost could there be a possible price reduction in the future once the machine has paid for itself?

#798 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Excellent news! Now that there is no assembly cost could there be a possible price reduction in the future once the machine has paid for itself?

I will check all options, some version like current only with Base color, one version with Advanced Color, Update DMDMK66 to DMDMX7 (only replace PCB board and keep led panels), even one offer to replace DMDST32 by DMDMX7 (also with virtual pinball support), with a very special price to remove all DMDST32 from the market.

#799 5 years ago

Ready to test the RT1020 processor for the new DMDMX7, a powerful Cortex M7 500Mhz.

I made two test boards, one connected to the NXP evaluation board, and another with a complete design with the currently available microcontroller, which has 100 pins, the final version will mount the 144-pin chip that, according to the NXP, will be available in the early December. While I have already started to port the firmware of the source code of the MK66 processor to the new RT1020, although I will have to add additional code, for Advanced Coloring, a part is already done.

PLACA_003.jpgPLACA_003.jpg
PLACA_001.jpgPLACA_001.jpg

PLACA_004.jpgPLACA_004.jpg
#800 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

even one offer to replace DMDST32 by DMDMX7 (also with virtual pinball support), with a very special price to remove all DMDST32 from the market.

I was hoping you would consider something like this. The advanced coloring system looks very interesting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 85.00
$ 21.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

16,500 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 1,203 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.