IMG_9901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9900 (resized).jpeg
3pu1kq (resized).jpg
75429320_2661710413892905_3615448893623369728_o.jpg
e60eb69d-5797-4e30-8f65-e1e33d1749f9.jpg
f6931b0f-0994-4cf6-b399-91336dfd2b2c.jpg
d653713e-61e6-4adb-b88e-193a58caab47.jpg
SLEIC.jpg
There are 1,203 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 25.
#651 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

From the looks of that photo the filter you include seems to do a great job at blurring the RGB LEDs together to a single color dot. Any comparison photos with and without the filter?

That effect is actually a visual effect that the phone camera produces when taking the image. The LEDs on these screens look very bright, and that saturates the objective of the automatic cameras, which affects the autofocus, hence the dots are blurred, appearing a uniform color. If instead of using the camera of my cell phone, I use my Nikon camera with manual adjustment of the aperture and the exposure time, the look will be different.

Some time ago I posted a comparative image here, but it was 192x64 and 128x32, and also in different ambient light conditions.

Shortly I will receive amber filters, which I have orders, and also a new type of gray filter. Then I will do a test and take pictures, of a screen, with and without a filter, in the same conditions of ambient light, so that the difference between mounting and not the filter is appreciated. In any case, the contrast of the image improves a lot with the filter and the LEDs turned off are practically hidden, the filter is highly recommended to obtain the best image quality.

I have another filter, to blur and mix the 3 colors of each LED, but it needs an additional mask, which is quite complicated to do. I have not found that type of filter that mixes and blends the colors to get an ideal color.

I always suggest the Amber filter in all my DMDMK66 sales, and most users buy it. It is a major improvement, in the quality of the image, and the additional cost is very small. It may be that the filter also produces a positive effect by mixing the colors of each point, but it is something that I have not checked, making comparisons.

a8973cf626495394f4f392b174b9538be8a1036a.jpga8973cf626495394f4f392b174b9538be8a1036a.jpg

#652 6 years ago

A few days ago I received the new PCB for the DMDMK66 128x32. I have added and removed some components for better performance, I have also designed a new PCB for the 192x64 screens with the same improvements.

Next Monday I will finally receive Led panels, and I will use this new PCB for all pending orders. Both the DMDMK66 128x32, and the 192x64, are 100% plug and play without custom cables, already tested in many pinball, working perfectly.

All DMDMK66 128x32, will install the last v1.82 firmware version, that works already perfectly with Bally/Williams, and DMDMK66 192x64 with v.184 that solve the first/last line bug.

After all the hardware and firmware has been reviewed, improved, and fixed the errors detected, it is time to jump to new challenges in this project, to add new features. That is, add Capcom, Spike, Virtual Pinball and Advanced Coloring. At least I want to leave Capcom and Spike running, before continuing with the Advanced Coloring. Although I could do both at the same time to be able to offer the advances of Advanced Coloring in the already supported brands, mainly in Bally/Williams.

Sin título-1.jpgSin título-1.jpg
Sin título-2.jpgSin título-2.jpg
Sin título-3.jpgSin título-3.jpg
Sin título-5.jpgSin título-5.jpg
Sin título-4.jpgSin título-4.jpg
ScreenHunter_062.jpgScreenHunter_062.jpg
Sin título-6.jpgSin título-6.jpg

#653 6 years ago

just testet the new firmware and have a small problem...

the colorscheme i want for my DE GnR are black,dark green,dark red and white (0A71 according to your instructions)

3 of the colors are ok, but the dark green showes as light yellow? i checked the HEX values and they look fine?

#654 6 years ago

New firmware for DMDMK66 128x32, v1.83, available from Github.
https://github.com/pinballsp/DMDMK66/tree/master/128x32%20firmware

New Features

1.- Added CAPCOM pinball. Tested, works at 100%. Auto Detection: the user does not need to configure the pinball manufacturer, the firmware detects it automatically. Auto Synchronization, avoids the loss of horizontal synchronism (lateral displacements of the image).

Next, will be add Spike, Virtual Pinball and Advanced Coloring. And as soon as I get a Gottlieb CPU, I'll add it too, I already have some contacts to get the CPU, video and sound boards for the tests.

Version_Firmware_DMDMK55_128x32.jpgVersion_Firmware_DMDMK55_128x32.jpg

#655 6 years ago

that helped

now we need the coloring software

1 week later
#656 6 years ago

I decided to lower the price of the DMDMK66 192x64, because I got a new supplier of Led panels with a significant price reduction. This allows me to offer a quality product, at a better price, from 355 Euros, now only 295 Euros. Optional extras, preconfigured micro SD card +9 Euros, Amber filter +21 Euros.

Features:

1.- 100% compatible with SEGA screens 192x64
2.- Completely Plug and Play, without special cables
3.- No need external power supply
4.- No need to pay licenses
5.- No need to wait to activate the firmware
6.- Professional design, all in one big PCB board
7.- Multicolor System with Auto Palette (4 palettes with automatic change every 25 seconds)
8.- Free updates by download from Github
9.- Fully compatible with the future advanced coloring system, Magic Color Tool Editor and Color Processor.

anuncio_dmdmk66_192x64_003.jpganuncio_dmdmk66_192x64_003.jpg

#657 6 years ago

Wow that was certainly unexpected! Makes your product even more enticing. Thanks for passing the savings onto your customers.

#658 6 years ago

I’m getting closer to try it out. Anyone get one of these in a Baywatch yet?

Added over 6 years ago: ..

#659 6 years ago

My friend Oscar bought me a DMDMK66 for his Baywatch a while ago and he sent me this video.

Now the firmware has been improved, a bug that was in the last/first row was fixed, and the Auto-Palette option was added, which allows you to configure 4 color palettes with automatic change every 25-30 seconds, for a more colorful effect, 29 pre-configured colors available and option to create custom colors with their RGB value.

As soon as I finish with the Magic Color Tool Editor, it will also be compatible with advanced image to image coloring.

#660 6 years ago

Is it possible to put together a group buy of these to reduce shipping costs? That would mean someone in the US would need to receive them and resell them, that means shipping just one package of maybe 4 to the US and splitting the cost amongst the US buyers.

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Is it possible to put together a group buy of these to reduce shipping costs? That would mean someone in the US would need to receive them and resell them, that means shipping just one package of maybe 4 to the US and splitting the cost amongst the US buyers.

Yes, sure. I can send several units in one package to USA, so this saves money on the freight cost. The cost of freight by weight applies rates for 1-3 Kg, 4-10 Kg, 10-20 Kg and >20 Kg. Each screen DMDMK66 192x64 weighs less than 1Kg, and a little less 128x32 screens.

I can also verify the shipment by Packlink, this may be even cheaper, but I have never sent by this system, so I do not know how fast and safe it is.

#662 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

I can also verify the shipment by Packlink

What about ordinary Postal Service? Have you priced that yet?

#663 6 years ago

By Packlink StarPack Express, courier service, with delivery time 2-4 days, is the cheapest. By post is a bit cheaper, but very slow and without tracking, it is a risk to send by post (easy package loss or content break), I always prefer the courier service or try for the first time with Packlink.

https://www.packlink.es/
https://www.packlink.es/envios-a-america-del-norte/

Details of the services
ESTIMATED TRANSIT

Shipping of parcels with International coverage
Delivery under signature
Air Service: delivery of 2 to 7 days, depending on destination
Maximum weight: 32 Kg, Maximum length: 150 cm. Sum Long + High + Maximum width: 290 cm

Tracking of the shipment through the web in real time
Customer service via web available from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The transit time is calculated considering exclusively working days. Weekends or holidays are not included in the calculation,

ScreenHunter_015.jpgScreenHunter_015.jpg
ScreenHunter_016.jpgScreenHunter_016.jpg

#664 6 years ago

Complicated but you have done your homework!

I didn't realize that regular postal shipping was so limited.

I can go to the Post Office here and ship a package anywhere with tracking.

When I order, I'll just go with whatever service you wish to choose.

#665 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I will do my best to offer the lowest freight cost. The problem is that I send enough packages every week, most of them international, so having to go to the post office to make the shipments, it is not at all comfortable, in addition the nearest post office is quite far away. I always prefer the courier service, it is fast, safe and they go through my Office to pick up the packages.

I also verified the priority Spanish postal service (Correos Express), but this is even more expensive than the courier service. Currently, if Packlink works well, it will be the best option for shipments to the USA/Canada. I can also apply an additional discount according to quantities or add some extras for free.

In any case if I think of a better solution, I'll let you know.

#666 6 years ago

Today I located and bought a set of Gottlieb boards, CPU, Video and Sound. So soon I will add Gottlieb to DMDMK66 128x32.

I have also assembled and test a pinball DMD Signals Generator, with Eli's emulators (in the attached image). I have the Gottlieb emulator, which will be very useful, but I'll have to do the Spike. I'm doing it already, to be able to add the two manufacturers very soon, in the DMDMK66 128x32.

For Advanced Coloring, I have outsourced the services of a colombian programmer to finish the Magic Color Tool Editor. While I will add Gottlieb/Spike to the firmware, I will finish and test the Color Processor, the DMDMK66 128x16 and the hologram kit for the Creature. A lot to do for this first month of the new year.

For the Color Processor, I also bought a Stern Sam CPU, right now I have Bally/Williams CPUs, Capcom, Stern WhiteStar, Stern SAM, Gottlieb, Data East and SEGA for large screens. I just need one of Spike, but that will be very complicated, because they are very expensive and only get new, I'll have to settle for the DMD Emulator and the help that friends who have Spike pinballs give me.

PATRON_EMULADOR.jpgPATRON_EMULADOR.jpg

#667 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

US Postal Service is the best. The rest suck.

#668 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

US Postal Service is the best. The rest suck.

Ok??? But do they operate in Spain?

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

But do they operate in Spain?

No. But if the Spanish postal service hands it off to US Postal, that's all it takes.

#670 6 years ago

New price drop for the Multicolor DMDMK66 192x64 SEGA compatible. My contacts with new suppliers and purchases in quantity allow me to get Led panels and other electronic components at better prices.

New price, only 265 Euros + shipping costs. Optional extras; pre-configured micro SD card +9 Euros, Ambar Filter +21 Euros.

All DMDMK66 customers will have free access to the first Beta of the Advanced Colored software.

anuncio_dmdmk66_192x64_009.jpganuncio_dmdmk66_192x64_009.jpg

#671 6 years ago

New design of DMDMK66 Magic edition ready to send to factory, with some improvements.

The main one, I added the support "100% Plug and Play" for the Stern SAM with DMD Led from the factory. A user warned me that these Stern SAM use a 4 pin DMD power supply connector instead of the 8 pins of the plasma DMD, so I have added it to this new version of DMDMK66. Now DMDMK66 for Stern SAM (DMD Led from factory) is also 100% Plug and Play without any special cable, it connects and works immediately.

I also removed some components that are no longer useful, such as the 12v DC connector, because after testing in many pinball models, the 100% Plug and Play function works perfectly. Other minor components are eliminated that are not really necessary to make a cleaner design.

Today I received a set of Gottlieb boards for my tests. This will allow me to be able to add Gottlieb to the firmware of the DMDMK66, I also continue to work with the Spike emulator. I hope to release a new firmware version soon supporting these two manufacturers.

I'll just have to add Virtual Pinball, and start with the first Advanced Colored Beta firmware, Magic Color Tool Editor and Color Processor.

ScreenHunter_033.jpgScreenHunter_033.jpg
ScreenHunter_034.jpgScreenHunter_034.jpg
GOTTLIEB_PLACAS.jpgGOTTLIEB_PLACAS.jpg

#672 6 years ago

Awesome as usual!

#674 6 years ago

Do you ever sleep?

#675 6 years ago

Here's a short video showing how easy it is to do a firmware update of PinballSP's x64. And it also (of sorts) show firmware v1. 85, palette cycling and the none existing "first row bug".

cheers
/mima

#676 6 years ago

I have a 128x32 panel and a RGB.DMD board I am about to list if anyone is interested. Trying to figure out what panels are going for now so I can knock off enough to make it worth someone's while.

#677 6 years ago

I have one of these on order arriving next week for a Sega Baywatch I’ve just shopped out

3 weeks later
#678 6 years ago

Released DMDMK66 v1.84 Beta version firmware. Added Stern SPIKE pinball.
This is yet a Beta under test, so for rest of manufacturers suggest install yet v1.83.

https://github.com/pinballsp/DMDMK66/tree/master/128x32%20firmware

The next firmware, V1.85 will already include support for ADVANCED COLOR frame by frame for all DMDMK66 128x32, 192x64 and 128x16. I will also launch the Magic Color Tool Editor package and the Color Processor hardware assistant, for coloring new games.

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

The next firmware, V1.85 will already include support for ADVANCED COLOR frame by frame for all DMDMK66 128x32, 192x64 and 128x16. I will also launch the Magic Color Tool Editor package and the Color Processor hardware assistant, for coloring new games.

I think a lot of people await this with interest, to see how it is.

#680 6 years ago

Can you explain the color processor hardware assistant?

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Can you explain the color processor hardware assistant?

I will detail it as soon as the product is ready with the new firmware v1.85

I am studying some legal matters, with my lawyer, before launching the whole package of firmware, editor and hardware. For that reason, among other things, I can not at the moment, advance more details.

1 week later
#682 6 years ago

Also very interested in your DMDMK66, still waiting for your 1.85

1 week later
#683 6 years ago

Test of acrylic filters in DMDMK66 192x64.

Left --- Gray Filter, Right --- Amber Filter.
Both improve the image, increase the contrast and hide the LEDs. Amber is darker, that's why it increases the contrast a little more.

filltro_001.jpgfilltro_001.jpg
filltro_002.jpgfilltro_002.jpg
filltro_003.jpgfilltro_003.jpg

#684 6 years ago

Thanks for the pictures! Not to suggest not buying your filters, but has anyone tried a polarizing DMD Glare Eliminator filter with these?

https://www.cometpinball.com/DMD-GLARE-ELIMINATOR-p/dmdglare.htm

#685 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Thanks for the pictures! Not to suggest not buying your filters, but has anyone tried a polarizing DMD Glare Eliminator filter with these?
https://www.cometpinball.com/DMD-GLARE-ELIMINATOR-p/dmdglare.htm

Comet’s filter is a privacy filter with micro-louver technology. It is not a polarizing filter.

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Comet’s filter is a privacy filter with micro-louver technology. It is not a polarizing filter.

PinballSP filters are not polarizingfilters?

if they where, he could not display them in that angle on the pics?

1 week later
#687 6 years ago

Just tried Pintucky’s 192x64 display with a DMD Glare Eliminator. He got an idea to sandwich the filter between the display and plastic faceplate of the speaker panel and this worked out great. The filter didn’t really impact the brightness of the display and the background was solid black, under direct overhead light and in the dark. Here is a photo in a lit room and the lights off. We lost the original washers that sit between the speaker panel and DMD, so we stacked small washers up for each of the 6 posts and took that opportunity to mount the display more flush against the window. Man, it looks fantastic!

B7B0133D-BA75-4F18-8CA8-A43FCFD2FF1B (resized).jpegB7B0133D-BA75-4F18-8CA8-A43FCFD2FF1B (resized).jpegB9DC794B-1D58-4589-99D3-EADB069043CB (resized).jpegB9DC794B-1D58-4589-99D3-EADB069043CB (resized).jpeg

I once again want to compliment Luis’s hard work on designing such a quality product. When we unwrapped this thing it felt sturdy, and the alignment of the 3 64x64 modules was absolutely perfect. You couldn’t see any seams at all, and the display was dead simple to install. Unlike some other solutions, it worked 100% and honestly most of the time we spent was finding the washers!

#688 6 years ago

Thanks Crash for the positive feedback of the product.

You can also try changing the configuration of colors and palettes, to get it to best suit the colors and theme of the machine. Although I am a fan of the Black, Blue, Orange, White palette, I am sure there are others that offer good results.

I continue to work with Advanced Coloring for all DMDMK66, and since the assembly work of this and other products left me with very little free time for the design and programming of new products, I just bought a machine to assemble boards that will help me a lot, I will receive it in a week.

I hope that soon I will be able to dedicate a lot more time to the important thing that is the design and the programming of this and other products that I still have to finish, besides the design of new products.

Neoden-Pick-and-Place-machine-NeoDen-4.jpgNeoden-Pick-and-Place-machine-NeoDen-4.jpg

maxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

#689 6 years ago

Nice! I hope that works out well.

1 week later
#690 6 years ago

Question, I know the original Sega power connector carries 5v, ground, 18v, and ground. I’m rebuilding a 5v harness for someone and he had to ship it to me. In order to remove the harness from the game he had to cut the red and black 5v wires looped through the connector on the power supply.

In your photos it shows 18v on both sides of the power connector on your display board. Is that a typo that should read 5v on one side and 18v on the other? And can you confirm the display only needs 18v, not 5v like the original plasma?

#691 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Question, I know the original Sega power connector carries 5v, ground, 18v, and ground. I’m rebuilding a 5v harness for someone and he had to ship it to me. In order to remove the harness from the game he had to cut the red and black 5v wires looped through the connector on the power supply.
In your photos it shows 18v on both sides of the power connector on your display board. Is that a typo that should read 5v on one side and 18v on the other? And can you confirm the display only needs 18v, not 5v like the original plasma?

DMDMK66 192x64 only needs 18v DC to work. In the first PCB boards there is a silkscreen error. The correct thing is the attached picture, the other two pins are not necessary for DMDMK66, those pins in the original plasma are GND and 5v. The two GND pins are really connected together in the connector, so the only pin that is not used is the 5-volt one.

I also attach an image about the original plasma power supply connector, with the identification of the pins.

ScreenHunter_161.jpgScreenHunter_161.jpg

#692 6 years ago

Awesome, thanks for clarifying.

2 weeks later
#693 5 years ago

You have a color dmd for hook?

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Time frame?? It's been crickets on this for a couple months. We're all eager and waiting. I'm in for probably 10-15 DMDMK66's given a functional full color editor and advanced color support.

#695 5 years ago

Pinballsp seems like he's spread too thin with all the projects he has.

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I agree, but he did purchase a PCB assembler to speed up the assembly which was taking a lot of his time.

#697 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Its the same pattern year after year... eventually people will catch on He likes designing hardware projects. That's why he shares his 15 revisions and his prototype ideas. He doesn't necessarily like the rest of making a product. So people gravitate to what they like when they are doing it on their own free will...

As soon as the 'hardware is done' he finds the next hardware to keep him interested... rather than focus on getting the rest of the project completed.

#698 5 years ago

So jack of all projects, finisher of none?

#699 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Its the same pattern year after year... eventually people will catch on He likes designing hardware projects. That's why he shares his 15 revisions and his prototype ideas. He doesn't necessarily like the rest of making a product. So people gravitate to what they like when they are doing it on their own free will...
As soon as the 'hardware is done' he finds the next hardware to keep him interested... rather than focus on getting the rest of the project completed.

Generally I'd agree. But I don't think he has actively worked on firmware or software for the DMDs for a long while.

Instead he subcontracts it.

Hopefully 1.85 is finally released soon. The hardware is good, or at least the 192x64 version that I have is.

2 weeks later
#700 5 years ago

Any word on 128x16 availability and price?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 218.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 24.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,203 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.