IMG_9901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9900 (resized).jpeg
3pu1kq (resized).jpg
75429320_2661710413892905_3615448893623369728_o.jpg
e60eb69d-5797-4e30-8f65-e1e33d1749f9.jpg
f6931b0f-0994-4cf6-b399-91336dfd2b2c.jpg
d653713e-61e6-4adb-b88e-193a58caab47.jpg
SLEIC.jpg
There are 1,203 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 25.
#601 6 years ago
Quoted from lash:

That is fabulous and an alternate product to pin2dmd.
Congratulation ?
What is the Price for it?

DMDMK66 price 185 €
preconfigured SD card +9€
Amber Filter +19€
freight cost 26€.

thats what i payed a month ago

sold my old PIN2DMD for 165€ + shipping .....

#602 6 years ago

Be nice to see the feed back in 3 and 6 months time after all the original components have been placed under some stress for long period of time.

#603 6 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Be nice to see the feed back in 3 and 6 months time after all the original components have been placed under some stress for long period of time.

what stress?

#604 6 years ago

Stress of 12288 leds drawing upto 4amps from 5v/12v rails that are not really designed to have that sort of current drawn from them on some system's

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Stress of 12288 leds drawing upto 4amps from 5v/12v rails that are not really designed to have that sort of current drawn from them on some system's

not my problem....got a 450W PC PSU for Pinsound/DMDMK66 and misc LED stuff....

#606 6 years ago

do you have all the LEDs on at brightest output all the time or just occasonally?

#607 6 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Probably is a good idea to have a separate PSU for the 192x64 ones. Highly doubt the 192x32 and 192x16 will pose a problem though.

#608 6 years ago
Quoted from lash:

That is fabulous and an alternate product to pin2dmd.
Congratulation ?
What is the Price for it?

Hello lash, thanks.

These are current prices for one unit (special prices and disccounts according with quantity):

DMDMK66 128x32, 185 Euros + freight cost
DMDMK66 192x64, 355 Euros + freight cost
DMDMK66 128x16, 245 Euros + freight cost (soon available for sale)

Optional extras; micro SD card preconfigured +9€, Amber filter 128x32/128x16 +19€, Amber filter 192x64 +21€, WIFI for 128x32, +9€.

All DMDMK66 versions are 100% Plug and Play, no custom cables, no external power supply, no pay key licenses, no wait for activation, no third party dependencies, connect and works immediately. I develop and manufacture all my products (hardware and firmware), so there are not intermediaries.

Currently DMDMK66 is the ONLY DMD Multicolor in the market 100% Plug and Play without custom cables, the fastest and easiest to install.

Kind Regards

#609 6 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

not my problem....got a 450W PC PSU for Pinsound/DMDMK66 and misc LED stuff....

Not necessary, it's not a problem to begin with. Zero evidence of issues. Russ people are tuning you and other non-buyers out because of the non-stop rumor-based negativity with an agenda.

#610 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Not necessary, it's not a problem to begin with. Zero evidence of issues. Russ people are tuning you and other non-buyers out because of the non-stop rumor-based negativity with an agenda.

No, it's because the technical community has looked at this prior and didn't do it. It's not "magic" as someone would make you believe.. it's potentially very shortsighted.

#611 6 years ago

Right it's not magic, it's just something Luis devised to solve a problem. And respectfully he keeps it close to his chest.

#612 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Right it's not magic, it's just something Luis devised to solve a problem. And respectfully he keeps it close to his chest.

There is no mystery. He's already said it can work without the high voltage lines, which means he's using the 12V that is on the cable. It's that or boost from the 5V supply.. and that's less likely since he needs the 12V and we didn't get all these rounds of "I had a new idea..." prototyping. He likely just decided to take the 12V right on that cable.. which other experienced designs have opt'd not to do. It's not some new discovery of a 12V source

#613 6 years ago

Again be our guest, buy one, and upload a video of it causing issues with voltage. Oh wait, you wouldn't buy one anyway. Prove it or it's fake news, I'm leaving it there.

#614 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Again be our guest, buy one, and upload a video of it causing issues with voltage. Oh wait, you wouldn't buy one anyway. Prove it or it's fake news, I'm leaving it there.

You wouldn't happen to believe the earth is flat do you? Your logic is about the same...

#615 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You wouldn't happen to believe the earth is flat do you? Your logic is about the same...

...because nobody has proven the earth isn't flat? Your logic is nonexistent. Your bias is evident though, isn't there another thread you can have this argument with yourself in?

#616 6 years ago

I will say that while most likely have their DMDMK66's in a home use environment - mine is in a MSF on location - and has been for the last 3 weekends - thus it has been on many, many hours so far - and....no problems....

#617 6 years ago

Downvote me all you want, you don't see anybody jumping up and down about statements like this:

Quoted from Dmod:

The extra load of the display will cause a small drop in the 12V unregulated supply output.

No speculation about the issues this might cause, no nothing. Just a constant stream of garbage.

#618 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Downvote me all you want, you don't see anybody jumping up and down about statements like this:

No speculation about the issues this might cause, no nothing. Just a constant stream of garbage.

LolWut (resized).jpgLolWut (resized).jpg

The load ColorDMD puts on the existing supplies... and potential issue when a game is loaded up with other power hungry mods is not new, nor any secret. ColorDMD even mentions the 12V supply on their support website - http://www.colordmd.com/support_troubleshoot.html#flipper

No one is 'jumping up and down' because everyone already knows these facts and its been this way from the start. Maybe you're just late to the party?

The difference is this mod is claiming 'magic' and doing things no one else can/has done. The "magic" board has his same variable input regulator he's cited multiple times in the thread as he's moved from an external PS, to the 5A regulator, and now a 10A rated regulator. It looks like he's loaded up on capacitors since then as well.. probably trying to soften the peaks that the LED panel will draw as it's load will vary significantly and to try to avoid causing issues with the game supply.

No one is commenting on Randy's comments because it's nothing new nor has it proven to be a radical statement or even risky for most. Those with tons of mods resort to an extra powersupply for their own needs. The topic here is this design, and it's claims.

#619 6 years ago

Im just waiting to see 5 colors on screen at the same time from this. All Ive seen is color palette changes.

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Im just waiting to see 5 colors on screen at the same time from this. All Ive seen is color palette changes.

I think everyone is.

2 weeks later
#621 6 years ago

Hey Luis , when can we expect the latest firmware (v1.8) for the big DMD?

#622 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Hey Luis , when can we expect the latest firmware (v1.8) for the big DMD?

Hello.
Sorry for delay, a lot of things to do lately and some health problems. I hope release this weekend, at least to solve a bug and add more colors.

#623 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Hello.
Sorry for delay, a lot of things to do lately and some health problems. I hope release this weekend, at least to solve a bug and add more colors.

Enable overclocking?

#624 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Enable overclocking?

No, I'll activate it to test with advanced coloring.

1 week later
#625 6 years ago

What's the latest on the update Luis?

#626 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

What's the latest on the update Luis?

I'm sorry again, so many things to do and so little free time. I'll try to have it ready this week.

#627 6 years ago

Color Processor, ready to assemble and test.

One of my friends is testing, in a SEGA Batman, the new firmware v1.8, for DMDMK66 192x64, which fix a small bug (first/last line). It seems that everything works fine, but I prefer to do some more tests to be sure, before release it.

I continue to receive positive feedback about the DMDMK66 128x32 MAGIC Edition, 100% plug and play, NO custom cables. Everything works fine, no complaints.

color_processor_001.jpgcolor_processor_001.jpg
color_processor_002.jpgcolor_processor_002.jpg
color_processor_003.jpgcolor_processor_003.jpg
color_processor_004.jpgcolor_processor_004.jpg
Sin título-1.jpgSin título-1.jpg
20171118_103223.jpg20171118_103223.jpg

1 week later
#628 6 years ago

Available new firmware update for DMDMK66 128x32.
https://github.com/pinballsp/DMDMK66/blob/master/128x32%20firmware/README.md

v1.81 Firmware, wew features

Add Multi palette option (up to 4 color palettes with automatic change every 25 seconds)
Add 10 more colors (a total of 29 preconfigured RGB colors)
Add RGB settings, allow custom colors with their RGB HEX value
Fix minor bugs in WPC

Testing Auto Palette.

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f34647a633330462e6a7067.jpg68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f34647a633330462e6a7067.jpg

#629 6 years ago

The custom hex color codes are a big step! Awesome!

#630 6 years ago

Now let's get v1.8 released for the 192x64 please so that's one less thing Lucky1 can troll about....

#631 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Now let's get v1.8 released for the 192x64 please so that's one less thing Lucky1 can troll about....

Yes, dont worry.
Fix the bug, and I will add also same features about Auto Palette, 29 preconfigured colors and HEX RGB custom colors.

Meanwhile I continue working also with Color Processor and Magic Color Tool Editor. About this matter I prefer do not provide status of development, but only when its ready and working.

#632 6 years ago

To configure custom colors for DMDMK66, I suggest using this color selector on the internet.
https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp

It is very easy, you can choose the color graphically or enter its HEX value, then you can choose lighter/darker, more or less saturated, for the same color.

ScreenHunter_123.jpgScreenHunter_123.jpg

#633 6 years ago

MSPaint also works for more precision, just convert the RGB decimal values to hex using a converter site (Google it).

#634 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

MSPaint also works for more precision, just convert the RGB decimal values to hex using a converter site (Google it).

Thanks, I will check.

#635 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I have a beta version of firmware v1.81 for DMDMK66 192x64, I can send it to you and you verify it in your pinball.

Today I connected my CPU + SEGA video controller boards to test everything, and the video card does not work. I do not know what could have happened, it seems that the board has been damaged for no apparent reason, so I can not test my last software modification. I think it's ready, but I can not try it here now.

#636 6 years ago

sure thing...send away...I'll test it...you still have my email I believe..

#637 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I give you a link to download, by private message from the forum, verify it.
I receive so many emails and private messages from Facebook, I do not remember your email now, check here the private message.

For this Beta version it is not necessary to delete the configuration file yet. But for all official firmware versions, you should always delete the file dmdmk66.txt, before installing the new version, because I can add new parameters to this file. After deleting the file and starting the DMDMK66 for the first time, a new configuration file dmdmk66.txt will be automatically created with default values, which can then be edited and modified.

In firmware v1.81 of DMDMK66 128x32, the new configuration has this content. When officially I release the same version for the DMDMK66 192x64 you will also have that configuration file, but for this Beta Test, the configuration file has not changed.

ScreenHunter_122.jpgScreenHunter_122.jpg

#638 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Hello.

Did you read my private message, download Beta firmware and test it ??.

Regards

1 week later
#639 6 years ago

The new firmware version v1.84 is now available for the Multicolor DMDMK66 192x64 SEGA compatible, download from Github.
https://github.com/pinballsp/DMDMK66/blob/master/192x64%20firmware/README.md

New Features:

1.- Fixed a bug (first/last row, already it works well)
2.- Added Auto Palette option (up to 4 color Palettes with automatic change every 25-30 seconds)
3.- Added 10 more colors (total, 29 pre-configured colors available)
4.- Added RGB configuration, allows to create customized colors with their RGB HEX value.
5.- Added configuration of LED Panel type; RGB, BGR, RBG, to install Led Panels from several manufacturers.

DMDMK66_192x64_v184.jpgDMDMK66_192x64_v184.jpg

ScreenHunter_057.jpgScreenHunter_057.jpg

#640 6 years ago

Hey Luis what is status of 128x16 Colour DMD?

#641 6 years ago
Quoted from astyy:

Hey Luis what is status of 128x16 Colour DMD?

Hi.

Now I'm focused on Creature HolomodSP, add Capcom to DMDMK66 128x32 and some professional projects. I will try to finish the DMDMK66 128x16 as soon as possible.

#642 6 years ago

I find it mildly "coincidental" that when this DMDMK66 gets down to the most important task -- frame-by-frame coloring -- it is abandoned for other FAR less lucrative projects. There are literally tens of thousands (maybe hundreds) of DMD-based pinballs that would benefit from full color displays. There are a fractional number of CFTBLs in need of a hologram mod (which technically not even a hologram).

Considering we haven't seen even one single 128x32 or other example in full color, perhaps the competitors and naysayers were right all along. Maybe the thought of a single solution, cost effective, community collaborated DMD coloring effort is a pipe dream? Who knows, but my excitement and patience for this project is wearing to the point where I'm almost ready to concede.

#643 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

I find it mildly "coincidental" that when this DMDMK66 gets down to the most important task -- frame-by-frame coloring -- it is abandoned for other FAR less lucrative projects. There are literally tens of thousands (maybe hundreds) of DMD-based pinballs that would benefit from full color displays. There are a fractional number of CFTBLs in need of a hologram mod (which technically not even a hologram).
Considering we haven't seen even one single 128x32 or other example in full color, perhaps the competitors and naysayers were right all along. Maybe the thought of a single solution, cost effective, community collaborated DMD coloring effort is a pipe dream? Who knows, but my excitement and patience for this project is wearing to the point where I'm almost ready to concede.

I think you're wrong about less lucrative. CftBL holo-mod will be far more lucrative, hence why it's prioritised. The price these kits are being sold at, there isn't much profit margin.

The holo-mod should be expensive enough that he can get a decent nominal profit margin. Also, there's zero competition from others there, unless you count Mike's, which is no longer in production and using several years old tech. These DMDs, there's a lot of competition. There's PIN2DMD (of which there are 3 suppliers including Luis, plus DIY), DIY SmartDMD, ColorDMD, and finally FAST are supposedly about to launch their DMD stuff soon.

#644 6 years ago

I can't help but wonder if it really was a good idea to rebuild everything from scratch on your own. It is a pity that we didn't manage to agree on a common approach ... at least make the file formats interchangeable (for colorization).
So sad ...

#645 6 years ago

v1.84 is up and running in Frank...everything looks good...will get video....

#646 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

v1.84 is up and running in Frank...everything looks good...will get video....

Ok, fine, thank you very much for your tests.

Check the Auto Palette and custom colors. Here I have test with 128x32 and all works fine (29 preconfigured colors, Auto Palette and Custom RGB colors), same routines are implemented in 192x64.

#647 6 years ago

Yep...AP works and the additional colors are working....that's an ugly pink ...LOL.....

#648 6 years ago

New firmware for DMDMK66 128x32, v1.82, available from Github.
https://github.com/pinballsp/DMDMK66/tree/master/128x32%20firmware

New Features

1.- Added Auto Sync routine: avoids the problems of loss of horizontal synchronism (lateral displacements of the image) that happened with Bally/Williams, now all works perfectly.

Version_Firmware_DMDMK55_128x32.jpgVersion_Firmware_DMDMK55_128x32.jpg

#649 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Yep...AP works and the additional colors are working....that's an ugly pink ...LOL.....

Ok fine, thank you. I'm glad everything works.

You can customize the colors, all are available to modify the RGB value in the configuration file.

You can also customize the colors for each of the 4 color palettes for Automatic Palette. There are many color combinations, it's a matter of trying out the ones that you like the most and the better with each machine.

#650 6 years ago

From the looks of that photo the filter you include seems to do a great job at blurring the RGB LEDs together to a single color dot. Any comparison photos with and without the filter?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,203 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.