IMG_9901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9900 (resized).jpeg
3pu1kq (resized).jpg
75429320_2661710413892905_3615448893623369728_o.jpg
e60eb69d-5797-4e30-8f65-e1e33d1749f9.jpg
f6931b0f-0994-4cf6-b399-91336dfd2b2c.jpg
d653713e-61e6-4adb-b88e-193a58caab47.jpg
SLEIC.jpg
There are 1,203 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 25.
#451 6 years ago

A customer send me this video about DMDMK66 128x32 running and playing in a Road Show.

#452 6 years ago

More pictures about DMDMK66 192x64 installed in a Batman for Ever.

100% PLUG and PLAY, do not need external AC power supply, do not need connect custom cables, do not need pay Key licenses, do not need wait for any activation. Connect and run immediately.

A professional design, all in one big board for best quality.

e563a61e-262e-497a-ab6b-6f6c2909133d.jpge563a61e-262e-497a-ab6b-6f6c2909133d.jpg
df8dd874-38ba-4a36-bf46-405bd8711fa6.jpgdf8dd874-38ba-4a36-bf46-405bd8711fa6.jpg
f2599ef3-0044-46a8-aa51-0bbc0902c363.jpgf2599ef3-0044-46a8-aa51-0bbc0902c363.jpg

#453 6 years ago

Testing a DMDMK66 128x32 in several pinball machines. All pictures received from clients, all very satisfied with product.

08d6c529-9029-4b7a-834c-2477c47738c9.jpg08d6c529-9029-4b7a-834c-2477c47738c9.jpg

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

No kidding. I wish you'd just sue someone already and stop bellyaching. What's the point of a patent if you don't enforce it by law?

+ 10000000000000

#455 6 years ago

DMDMK66 192x64 in a Baywatch, video capture screens.

ScreenHunter_056a.jpgScreenHunter_056a.jpg
ScreenHunter_059.jpgScreenHunter_059.jpg
ScreenHunter_058.jpgScreenHunter_058.jpg
ScreenHunter_057.jpgScreenHunter_057.jpg
ScreenHunter_055.jpgScreenHunter_055.jpg
ScreenHunter_054.jpgScreenHunter_054.jpg
ScreenHunter_053.jpgScreenHunter_053.jpg
ScreenHunter_052.jpgScreenHunter_052.jpg
ScreenHunter_050.jpgScreenHunter_050.jpg

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

No kidding. I wish you'd just sue someone already and stop bellyaching. What's the point of a patent if you don't enforce it by law?

1) he can't enforce it overseas
2) he was mainly correcting the misinformation and its spread - because we all know how 'knowledge' spreads here

#457 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

A product of professional design, maximum quality.

LOL

Quoted from russdx:

Something wrong with the bottom row it only ever appears in white?

bw (resized).jpgbw (resized).jpg

#458 6 years ago

Yes pinballsp keeps repeating the same "maximum quality" quote yet row 32 is broken??

#459 6 years ago

Hey pinballsp your build looks very nice!
If you want to solve your row 32 problem you can try to only enable the spi when the rowdata signal is low and then recurringly just wait for a rising signal on OE , to start reading your dmd data.

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkulous:

Hey pinballsp your build looks very nice!
If you want to solve your row 32 problem you can try to only enable the spi when the rowdata signal is low and then recurringly just wait for a rising signal on OE , to start reading your dmd data.

OK, thank you for your suggestion, I will check.
I suppose you refer really to row 64 in SEGA (or 63 if first is 0).

#461 6 years ago

yes sorry the last row/first row problem. try it

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkulous:

yes sorry the last row/first row problem. try it

Ok, thank you.

#463 6 years ago

Also ... it is not easy to see everything on the photos, but if you are having a problem with the last line of a 16 or 32 section, it could also be that your data is in fact correct, but that your are not switching off the LED panel that you just wrote to with its OE signal, before you start sending data to the next/previous panel. Also make sure that the final line of a section is on for the same interval as all the other rows!

#464 6 years ago

Do you mean that I apply this correction (picture attached) to solve the minor error of the first/last row?

The problem with the SEGA signals is that they add 14 garbage clock pulses in the Column_Latch signal between the end and the start of a frame.

Each pinball manufacturer seems to always add some absurd signals, for example Capcom works with 256 clock pulses per row, instead of 128, etc.etc ..

Fix_bug_row64.jpgFix_bug_row64.jpg

#465 6 years ago

capture 1 row at a time. don't worry about what happens between frames.

#466 6 years ago

The problem is that the software counts the rows by planes (2 planes, one row), and those 14 junk pulses in Column_Latch, generate 7 invalid extra rows.

I already managed to eliminate them, moving the row counter, 4 at the beginning and 3 at the end, only the last row is missing a plane, so it is colorless even though the data is correct.

I think I know how to solve it, I'll do some tests and it sure works out soon. It is a minor bug, which does not appreciate in most of the animations, but I will fix it.

#467 6 years ago

Good luck! Hope you solve it.

#469 6 years ago

Any shots of frames with more then 4 colors?

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Any shots of frames with more then 4 colors?

Your full color Baywatch animations look incredible dude!! I REALLY wish the PIN2DMD and PinballSP color files were cross compatible. Now I'm torn between which one I want to buy not knowing if or when this game and others will be done on the PinballSP platform and how they will look in comparison. It would make so much sense to make them cross compatible if technically possible. This would allow people buying a 192x64 color display to choose which hardware and price point they like best without being constrained by compatibility.

If official support won't happen I am thinking someone will write a program to convert from one format to another.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-a-sega-192x64-replacement/page/4#post-3953520

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-a-sega-192x64-replacement/page/4#post-3955386

#471 6 years ago

Hi Crash.

DMDMK66 will never be compatible with that german product, for several reasons:

1.- My product is a commercial product, and that other product is a domestic product, for amateurs, in addition with a restrictive license

2.- I never work or share anything with bad people, like those two german guys. One day I will tell the story of those two guys, so that everyone will knows their true behavior, based on envy, hypocrisy, economic interests, betrayal, false accusations, and more. I will tell you one of these days, now I am very busy in the important things.

What product to buy?, You decide, I see it obvious.

1.- DMDMK66 is a professional product, you just have to see the hardware pictures, to realize the tremendous difference. The competitor product is a very poor quality design, made at home by people who have no idea of ​​anything, simply looking for easy money.

2.- DMDMK66 192x64 is 100% plug and play, the other product uses an external power supply, a totally obsolete idea, have not even been able to directly connect to 12V DC, denoting that they have no idea of ​​electronics, not even the most elemental.

3.- DMDMK66 does not need to pay the licenses, money you save, besides the time you lose with the activation of those licenses, and if someday you have to change the hardware you will have to pay again, if that product still exists (something I doubt a lot).

4.- DMDMK66 does not need to wait for any activation, it connects and works immediately, you will not have to wait and wait, sometimes it takes a lot of time, I have had clients that have taken up to 10 days to receive that activation for DMDST32, and if they have claimed by mail have received no reply.

As for the advanced coloration, I have been working some time ago in the Magic Color Editor tool, which will be compatible with ALL the DMDMK66 of the three resolutions (128x32, 128x16 and 192x64).

Keep in mind that my product is relatively young, with a first version of firmware released recently. The german product has been available for over a year, and yet the product they offer is tremendously bad for the time they have been working on it. Their color editor is extremely simple, if you read through the forum, you will see that someone who decided to color a game, needed more than 2 months to do it, so you can get an idea of ​​how simple that tool is

My Magic Color Editor will be accessible from the Internet, it will not be a software to run locally on your computer. This way you can use, with projects stored in the cloud, from any computer and operating system, Windows, Linux, MAC, Android, etc ...

It takes much more than some color images to offer a good product, a color animation to impress people, when behind there is only one product of very poor quality, is not enough. Anyone who reads and compare, will immediately see the dangers of buying that german product. And if you have doubts, you only have to see in this forum and others, the amount of claims that are on that german seller, who receives money and does not send anything, or takes months to ship, nor reply to the emails of complaints received, which are many. Are you really going to trust someone like that?

And one more thing, when someone has to come to a competitor post to advertise their product, it only denotes a total lack of ethics and morale, which is the usual behavior of these two German guys, so you can already realize what kind of people are, be careful with those people. My advice, avoid them.

As for the future of the german product, you just have to see the null participation that has its official forum, go to Vpuniverse and you will see how practically nobody publishes there, it is a DEAD forum. Like their product, a dying product, a product of very poor quality, which only tries to survive on the basis of behavior devoid of all ethics, null future.

I do not know what they are saying (the german guys), and I am not interested, because I have banned them (they are on my black list of ignored users), so I do not waste my time reading their nonsense and their awkward attempts to advertise their bad product in a post of a competitor. They are very bad people, toxic people to avoid without hesitation.

Now let each one decide and choose.

1.- DMDMK66, a quality product, well designed, with future, made by someone who knows electronics and programming (I'm electronic engineering and software programmer, for many years).

2.- A german product, very poor quality, with no future, made by people who lack even the smallest knowledge of electronics, and who are only carried away by money and total lack of ethics.

Greetings.

#472 6 years ago

All I can say is publicly badmouthing the competition and their product isn't very professional business behaviour.
Feels a bit like Kindergarten. I'd be happy if you would reconsider your wording and stop the attacks. This is leading nowhere.

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

All I can say is publicly badmouthing the competition and their product isn't very professional business behaviour.
Feels a bit like Kindergarten. I'd be happy if you would reconsider your wording and stop the attacks. This is leading nowhere.

Tell that to your two german friends, I see that you are also german, so if you defend them with everything I've told, you're probably a friend or family (or one of them with two Nicks).

Send your message to your friends, for example, tell them to stop advertising their product in my post (they do same in Pinballinfo forum).

Do you know the meaning of the word ethics, or just like them?

#474 6 years ago

Pretty much everyone's attitude of the colour DMD replacement purveyors sucks, IMO. Luis didn't initially participate in that, but now unfortunately seems to relish it ...

I'd suggest that all of you be quiet about how awful the others are and how holier than thou you are. Whilst I doubt patent trolling and attempted elimination of competition will stop, it would at least be pleasant not to have to hold one's nose from the stench of all concerned's shit-flinging .. and you're all hurting your own sales, the way you're carrying on. None of you win.

#475 6 years ago

Care to read again, I'm not defending anybody against your rants?
And please note that my country of residence doesn't make me friends with all people living there.
Thank you.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#476 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

patent trolling ...

'Patent trolling' has to do with buying patents for crap you didn't invent or implement and then using that patent to extort money from companies that are doing the thing you bought a patent for. Nothing resembling that is going on here at all. Period.

#477 6 years ago

Moderator's comment:

Ok, all these accusations, pot shots, insults, and whatever else--it needs to stop.

If you have a grievance about intellectual property, copyright, etc, you will need to take it somewhere else if you want it to actually be resolved. The moderators are not qualified to figure out who is in the right since this is not a court of law, and the technical details are complicated.

If you want to compare and contrast products, that's perfectly fine. Just please do it without tossing insults at each other.

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

'Patent trolling' has to do with buying patents for crap you didn't invent or implement and then using that patent to extort money from companies that are doing the thing you bought a patent for. Nothing resembling that is going on here at all. Period.

It also relates to patents you yourself registered, and driving competition away, through spurious means. It is happening here. 'Period'.

This will be my last intervention on it, but consider this:

US patents have been taken out constantly by the major companies in pinball or their staff, for decades, and still are. However very few of these are either licensed or enforced.

There is a reason for this.

It's widely recognised that the US patent system is broken and people or entities can and do abuse it. They take the patents defensively, to avoid getting screwed. Why don't they sue each other, demand license fees or try to drive each other out of business? Because it would completely neuter the industry and any creativity or innovation, and drive the entire industry offshore.

Just because the law is an ass does not mean that you are compelled to use it to be an ass.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Moderator's comment:
Ok, all these accusations, pot shots, insults, and whatever else--it needs to stop.
If you have a grievance about intellectual property, copyright, etc, you will need to take it somewhere else if you want it to actually be resolved. The moderators are not qualified to figure out who is in the right since this is not a court of law, and the technical details are complicated.
If you want to compare and contrast products, that's perfectly fine. Just please do it without tossing insults at each other.

Hello.
You're right in most of what you say.

But it should not be allowed, that a competitor advertise their product in the post of another, that is unethical.

Another thing is that users comment on each other about the products available and make their comparisons, but not that the manufacturer of a product advertise in the post of a competitor.

And as for those who are accusing and threatening with patent issues, I agree with you, this is not the place to talk about these issues. If someone thinks that a product violates a patent or copyright, they go to the courts. If someone thinks that my product violates any copyright (now or when advanced frame to frame color is ready), that he goes to court, my lawyer is waiting to respond where he should respond.

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It also relates to patents you yourself registered, and driving competition away, through spurious means. It is happening here. 'Period'.

There's nothing spurious about actually inventing a thing and then getting a patent for it. You're just being an ass.

#481 6 years ago

I'm gonna reply to parts of your post, please excuse the truncation.

Quoted from pinballsp:

I have been working some time ago in the Magic Color Editor tool, which will be compatible with ALL the DMDMK66 of the three resolutions (128x32, 128x16 and 192x64).

Steve's editor works on all 3 resolutions. I have colored an "XL" and a regular game with it.

Quoted from pinballsp:

Their color editor is extremely simple, if you read through the forum, you will see that someone who decided to color a game, needed more than 2 months to do it, so you can get an idea of ​​how simple that tool is
My Magic Color Editor will be accessible from the Internet, it will not be a software to run locally on your computer.

Their editor is more robust as of version 2. Ive colored games in as little as 2 weeks passively working on them, I took 2 months to recolor street fighter 2 because it wasnt a simple recolor I hand drew the bulk of the frames and I was learning what the heck I was doing!

I hope your editor has an "offline" mode, always connected isn't always a good thing.

Im not defending pin2dmd just giving my feedback as a person who has used their tools to color a game. I was hoping you'd show a screen shot of more than 4 colors being used but I was ignored.

It sucks that you guys keep bickering back and forth, just show what your product can do and that will get people to buy it more than mudslinging.

#482 6 years ago

People often ask me what the optional extra amber filter is, and what is the difference between installing it or not on the DMDMK66.

Well, the amber filter is a translucent amber acrylic sheet that increases the contrast and hides the off Leds, see attached picture to understand the difference between installing it or not. I think it's worth it, the improvement is considerable.

For DMDMK66 128x32 is available time ago, for DMDMK66 192x64 no yet available, though it's ready to install. Most of people currently order my DMDMK66 with amber filter and preconfigured SD card, it is the best choice.

filtro_ambar.jpgfiltro_ambar.jpg

#483 6 years ago

There seems to be a ghost version of the "on" LEDs in those pictures.

Also, can you post a picture of the full color through the filter to see if it interferes with the colors?

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

There seems to be a ghost version of the "on" LEDs in those pictures.
Also, can you post a picture of the full color through the filter to see if it interferes with the colors?

There is not ghost effect in display, its a picture effect when the photo is made close and side, because it reflects on the plastic of the front panel. I can guarantee you that the DMDMK66 does not produce any ghost images.

The filter is slightly amber and translucent, so decrease a bit the brightness level that you can compensate increasing the display brightness level configuration. Currently, the suggested brightness level without a filter is 0 (0-9), so you have enough adjustment range to compensate for the filter. When I sell a DMDMK66 with SD preconfigured, I configure brightness level to 0 level for no filter, and 5 level with filter (you may increase up to 9).

About how the filter alters colors, you can watch the full video, playing on a RoadShow, with a 128x32 DMDMK66 with filter installed. I do not appreciate any significant alteration in the colors, mainly in the white that is the color that more could be altered with a filter.

I've never been asked by anyone, to bother the alteration of colors, because added the filter. Some time ago I was also looking for a light gray/blue filter, but the result was not so good.

#485 6 years ago

You have a credit dot.

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Hello.
You're right in most of what you say.
But it should not be allowed, that a competitor advertise their product in the post of another, that is unethical.
Another thing is that users comment on each other about the products available and make their comparisons, but not that the manufacturer of a product advertise in the post of a competitor.

If you have an issue with the moderator's instruction, you may open a moderator feedback thread and discuss it with our team en banc privatly. You may not voice your concern publically in this thread.

No more warnings gang. Everyone follow the instructions as presented by ForceFlow and stop taking jabs at one another in this thread:

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Moderator's comment:

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

.... I was hoping you'd show a screen shot of more than 4 colors being used but I was ignored.

still no answer :/

#488 6 years ago

i ordered one today....

a PIN2DMD will soon be for sale....

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Hi Crash.

1.- My product is a commercial product, and that other product is a domestic product, for amateurs, in addition with a restrictive license
2.- I never work or share anything with bad people, like those two german guys. One day I will tell the story of those two guys, so that everyone will knows their true behavior, based on envy, hypocrisy, economic interests, betrayal, false accusations, and more. I will tell you one of these days, now I am very busy in the important things.

1.- DMDMK66 is a professional product, you just have to see the hardware pictures, to realize the tremendous difference. The competitor product is a very poor quality design, made at home by people who have no idea of ​​anything, simply looking for easy money.
2.- DMDMK66 192x64 is 100% plug and play, the other product uses an external power supply, a totally obsolete idea, have not even been able to directly connect to 12V DC, denoting that they have no idea of ​​electronics, not even the most elemental.
3.- DMDMK66 does not need to pay the licenses, money you save, besides the time you lose with the activation of those licenses, and if someday you have to change the hardware you will have to pay again, if that product still exists (something I doubt a lot).
4.- DMDMK66 does not need to wait for any activation, it connects and works immediately, you will not have to wait and wait, sometimes it takes a lot of time, I have had clients that have taken up to 10 days to receive that activation for DMDST32, and if they have claimed by mail have received no reply.

As for the advanced coloration, I have been working some time ago in the Magic Color Editor tool, which will be compatible with ALL the DMDMK66 of the three resolutions (128x32, 128x16 and 192x64).
Keep in mind that my product is relatively young, with a first version of firmware released recently. The german product has been available for over a year, and yet the product they offer is tremendously bad for the time they have been working on it. Their color editor is extremely simple, if you read through the forum, you will see that someone who decided to color a game, needed more than 2 months to do it, so you can get an idea of ​​how simple that tool is
My Magic Color Editor will be accessible from the Internet, it will not be a software to run locally on your computer. This way you can use, with projects stored in the cloud, from any computer and operating system, Windows, Linux, MAC, Android, etc ...
It takes much more than some color images to offer a good product, a color animation to impress people, when behind there is only one product of very poor quality, is not enough. Anyone who reads and compare, will immediately see the dangers of buying that german product. And if you have doubts, you only have to see in this forum and others, the amount of claims that are on that german seller, who receives money and does not send anything, or takes months to ship, nor reply to the emails of complaints received, which are many. Are you really going to trust someone like that?
And one more thing, when someone has to come to a competitor post to advertise their product, it only denotes a total lack of ethics and morale, which is the usual behavior of these two German guys, so you can already realize what kind of people are, be careful with those people. My advice, avoid them.
As for the future of the german product, you just have to see the null participation that has its official forum, go to Vpuniverse and you will see how practically nobody publishes there, it is a DEAD forum. Like their product, a dying product, a product of very poor quality, which only tries to survive on the basis of behavior devoid of all ethics, null future.
I do not know what they are saying (the german guys), and I am not interested, because I have banned them (they are on my black list of ignored users), so I do not waste my time reading their nonsense and their awkward attempts to advertise their bad product in a post of a competitor. They are very bad people, toxic people to avoid without hesitation.

1.- DMDMK66, a quality product, well designed, with future, made by someone who knows electronics and programming (I'm electronic engineering and software programmer, for many years).
2.- A german product, very poor quality, with no future, made by people who lack even the smallest knowledge of electronics, and who are only carried away by money and total lack of ethics.

Greetings.

Wow yet another pointless nasty post from pinballsp nothing new here i guess. But to keep saying other hardware is crap and know nothing about electronics / yours is amazing and your a professional is completely wrong!

Because i do know about electronics / software and i can tell you even though (i am unhappy with pin2dmd) there hardware is no worse then yours! It does exactly what it is meant to(in fact it does far more then yours at the moment). The only difference is you design it from scratch onto a custom board which makes it more cosmetically pleasing and a more "commercial" looking product.

BUT you have made many many basic mistakes that a professional electronics/ pcb layout engineer would not make. I was going to stay quiet but after your constant bashing of the competition in such a nasty factless manner has changed my mind and i will compile a list of all your faults on your pcb and some are crazy embarrassing!!!

Even the initial software got released with a buggy row 64 how is that a quality product??

There is no installation guide just random bits of information scattered on a github??

Your idea of a professional product is very different to mine.

Note to moderators: none of my post is a jab at pinballsp, i just want to make people aware not everything pinballsp says is correct.

#490 6 years ago

CRC32 Hash Calculation TEST, to implement advanced frame-to-frame coloring on all DMDMK66 (128x32, 128x16, 192x64).

Next week, the development of the Web-based version of the Magic Color Editor Tool begins, to work with advanced animation coloring for DMDMK66, storing the projects in the cloud for private or shared use. It can be used from any computer and operating system (Windows, Linux, MAC, Android, etc.).

I will provide web link, when first version available, free access for demo test, user/password for DMDMK66 users with full access to all features (upload dumps, save projects, develop private or shared projects, download colored games, etc...)

I'm preparing a NAS server to give access to this service and more in the future (maybe a video editor, to customize videos for the Creature Holo ModSP).

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Hi Crash.

Greetings.

The only sentence I could agree is: "Now let each one decide and choose". As some of you may know I'm one of the two bad german guys Luis is referring to. I've never talked to him personally, so I'm not exactly sure what makes him so upset. In the beginning Lucky (Joerg) even talked about collaboration, but he started to use older versions of our open source software with his product and so we finally didn't get to an agreement.

In the meantime he develops hardware and software himself, published all kind of information in this thread, so everybody can see what he's doing. I curious to see the magic editor in action, if a first version is available. And then: let the people decide.

- Steve

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

As some of you may know I'm one of the two bad german guys Luis is referring to.

No, you're not one of those two guys. They know perfectly well who they are and what they have done.

I've never talked to him personally, so I'm not exactly sure what makes him so upset.

I have nothing against you, we do not know each other and as far as I know you have not done anything wrong against me.

In the beginning Lucky (Joerg) even talked about collaboration, but he started to use older versions of our open source software with his product and so we finally didn't get to an agreement.
In the meantime he develops hardware and software himself, published all kind of information in this thread, so everybody can see what he's doing. I curious to see the magic editor in action, if a first version is available. And then: let the people decide.
- Steve

You only know the good and white part of the story that your partner has told you. And since I do not like disputes, because I have more important things to do, and I do not like Administration's warnings, I will continue to post technical development issues.

What you should say to your partner is that it is very ugly to enter a competitor's post to advertise his product, and it is also ugly to go with lies and false accusations to other forums to try to ban my user and publications, as he and his friend did some time ago (my user and posts were banned from a German forum for no reason, and they tried it also, unsuccessfully, in a French forum). And to accuse someone of piracy, he must be very sure and provide proof, I do not dedicate myself to that, because I do not like or need it, if I wanted to do it is very easy, with IDA/Hex-Rays in a few minutes your license system is deactivated.

The stories are longer, but I do not feel like following, it is not my way of being, and it is a total waste of time to enter disputes that are not going anywhere, I am only alert because certain people, never know where they are going to try to do damage, and also manipulating everything so that it does not look like it.

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

i ordered one today....
a PIN2DMD will soon be for sale....

ordered a week ago, installed in my GnR today...what a delight....

absolutly an amazing product...hope the coloring software will be ready soon....although the standart 4 colour setup looks nice

#494 6 years ago

The new V.17 Firmware version for DMDMK66 128x32 is practically ready.

New features:
1.- Add Spinball manufacturer (Jolly Park and similar), 100% tested and working. with AUTO DETECTION

Attached two videos about a Jolly Park with DMDMK66 128x32. Currently ALL pinball manufacturers supported by DMDMK66 are with Auto Detecting, this means the user does not need configure manufacturer, the firmware detect all pinball machines supported automatically.

Now Im working to add Capcom, also with Auto Detecting for a fast installation. And Im practically sure, I will may add all pinball manufacturers with Auto Detecting (after add Capcom, just add Spike and Gottlieb). Next firmware version, I will add also the Auto palette feature.

#495 6 years ago

Nice work. Looking forward to seeing these available in the future.

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Suing people costs money. Threatening them is free. Plus, it makes for an entertaining read. This all seems so familiar..... I've read this stuff somewhere else before

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Nice work. Looking forward to seeing these available in the future.

Thank you Mike.

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

.. I REALLY wish the PIN2DMD and PinballSP color files were cross compatible. Now I'm torn between which one I want to buy not knowing if or when this game and others will be done on the PinballSP platform and how they will look in comparison. It would make so much sense to make them cross compatible if technically possible. ...

I just want to mention that the pin2dmd editor is open source and there is also some documentation to the file formats itself. So if somebody volunteers to create kind of a converter or export plugin, it should be possible to get some kind of "cross compatibility". But it also heavily depends what features are supported by the controllers firmware.

#499 6 years ago

Got mine the other day, installed it today....looks good enough to me...frankly given that the LCD DMD kit, the German LED DMD, a new replacement plasma, and Luis' are all the same price- I chose this option - its the most plug/play of the bunch and it's LED....my Frank came with a garbled DMD so I found a used one from a Pinsider for $250...it died 3 weeks later....so now this....couldn't be happier...easy to setup, easy to configure (at it's most basic)....I'm certain Luis will continue to make improvements - so what the hell.....

20170922_094630 (resized).jpg20170922_094630 (resized).jpg

#500 6 years ago

Did you have any issues with the setup? Or did it go perfectly?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,203 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/10?hl=lucky1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.