(Topic ID: 169262)

DMD WPC 95 with dark or flickering pixels

By jimy_speedt

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

hi,

On my Junk Yard, the DMD test works fine, but when I start the game (Testing ...) or when playing, the top of the digits are weak or flicker, or simply do not show up. Wondering if it would not be linked to the ribbon.

Thanks for your help

#2 7 years ago

I would take the DMD out and connect it up into TZ to prove it is the problem. Very likely it is outgassing. Hold the DMD along the outer edges if you don't mount it into the speaker panel.

If the DMD is the culprit, you could just live with it, as it could last 2 years like that as did the one in the Demo Man that I had.

You could put a ColorDMD in Apollo 13 (or TZ) and move the DMD over to Junkyard.

#3 7 years ago

I do not see this being a ribbon cable.

#4 7 years ago

Thanks for your suggestion and advice. PinballManiac

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmd-wpc-95-with-dark-or-flickering-pixels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.