Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jackbot PF (resized).jpg
    Pinbot PF (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Jackbot is DMD Pinbot
    Hurricane is DMD Cyclone
    Getaway is DMD High Speed

What else was there?

#2 1 year ago

Or earlier than system 11 for that matter.

#3 1 year ago

Not sure what your asking. Getaway and hurricane are different playfields and more of just "sequels" than dmd versions of their predecessors.

BOP 2.0 is the dmd version of Bride of Pinbot.

#4 1 year ago

I think he is referring to DMD sequels or spirtual successors to alphanumeric games. Like with Scared Stiff for example.

#5 1 year ago

Scared Stiff?

#6 1 year ago

Was thinking more along the lines of where almost the exact same playfield that was used on the original got reused on the DMD version. Pinbot to Jackbot is what got me thinking this. Getaway is really close to the layout of High Speed, not counting the supercharger of course. I was guessing a little on Hurricane from Cyclone as I don't know Hurricane very well.

I didn't mean just a series of games in the same theme. Like Comet, Cyclone, Hurricane or Elvira and the Party Monsters, Scared Stiff, then Elvira House of Horrors. Confusing when Cyclone to Hurricane fits both profiles, and where Pinbot to Jackbot does but Bride of Pinbot isn't anything like the other two (not including at all the Pedretti 2.0 version).

#7 1 year ago

Side by side:

Jackbot PF (resized).jpgJackbot PF (resized).jpgPinbot PF (resized).jpgPinbot PF (resized).jpg
    #8 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Was thinking more along the lines of where almost the exact same playfield that was used on the original got reused on the DMD version. Pinbot to Jackbot is what got me thinking this. Getaway is really close to the layout of High Speed, not counting the supercharger of course. I was guessing a little on Hurricane from Cyclone as I don't know Hurricane very well.
    I didn't mean just a series of games in the same theme. Like Comet, Cyclone, Hurricane or Elvira and the Party Monsters, Scared Stiff, then Elvira House of Horrors. Confusing when Cyclone to Hurricane fits both profiles, and where Pinbot to Jackbot does but Bride of Pinbot isn't anything like the other two (not including at all the Pedretti 2.0 version).

Well then the answer is only jackbot. All the other games you listed do not fall into that category.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Well then the answer is only jackbot. All the other games you listed do not fall into that category.

Well that wasn’t a very fruitful conversation!

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well that wasn’t a very fruitful conversation!

lol, I think you're right though! Admittedly I only thought of this after watching Bowen's tutorial on Jackbot and he mentioned it. Hadn't realized it is basically the exact same playfield just redone with a DMD and better code. High Speed to Getaway is close, but not exact. The others are just sequels, like you said.

Okie dokie... next convo!! lol

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

lol, I think you're right though! Admittedly I only thought of this after watching Bowen's tutorial on Jackbot and he mentioned it. Hadn't realized it is basically the exact same playfield just redone with a DMD and better code. High Speed to Getaway is close, but not exact. The others are just sequels, like you said.
    Okie dokie... next convo!! lol

I doubt you'll see anything like Jackbot again. It was a very poor seller. Talked to an old op and said nobody wanted it. "I already bought this 10 years ago, why would I buy it again?"

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.