Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by fiberdude120
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DMD_Problem_Small.jpg

#1 4 years ago

I am restoring a beat up IJ and I'm having a problem with the DMD display. The left side of the DMD is always on. I have tested the display in other games and the problem stays the same. Does anyone know if it is possible to fix this, or do I just need to get a new DMD?

DMD_Problem_Small.jpg
#2 4 years ago

Did you check for any battery acid damage on the back of the display itself by the resistors, and on the display board how are the pins and ribbon?

#3 4 years ago

It's not worth the repair. Surface mount components, to send it to anyone would be far in excess of a new display, especially given this one likely has been around for a while already.

PBR has them for $168.

#4 4 years ago

^^ I agree not worth the repair, however if the game is a keeper for you look into the ColorDMD. It's awesome.

#5 4 years ago

You also have DMD Extender and Smart DMD as other customizable alternatives that are cheaper than ColorDMD.

#6 4 years ago

I have two Days from FT and WH2O left over if needed. $100 plus actually shipping cost.

#7 4 years ago

DMDs that is

#8 4 years ago

With the color DMDs out there you can easily find a used factory one fairly cheap.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,700 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Woodbury, MN
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside