(Topic ID: 146911)

DMD just died, was a perfect dmd, no outgas

By balboarules

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01950.jpg
    DSC01949.jpg
    DSC01948.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balboarules.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

IS there anything I can do with this now, it was a perfect DMD, no lines out, not outgassed, it just died.. I confirmed in another game.. if not, anyone have a decent used one for sale, money is tight, I just laid out a ton on parts and repairs.. if anyone has one they are not going to use and can give me a good price, please pm me, or if someone knows someway I can save this one even better.

Thanks
    Steve
    Balboarules
    CARGPB#37

#3 8 years ago

Yes, I hooked up another dmd from another game, and that one booted right up, then put the dead one in the other game and dead. One was for Addams which does not seem to be a good game for a weak DMD, but the other was DM, and that one seems to bring new life to older DMD's

#6 8 years ago

So you fixed the dmd itself, or t he game? I am out about 1k in parts and labor between the two, spend 260 taking both CPUs to be checked, still need an elevator opto board, 200 for one rottendog, 35.00 on a used elevator opto board, 40 to pre order a new elevator. Board, 200 for a new solder station and solder sucker as I had a crap iron and hand help sucker...now I am down a dmd so I cannot do much repair on demo without a display!

#11 8 years ago

The repairs included parts and a ACIS chip, and the burning of a new rom.

#14 8 years ago

Sorry, got confused with something else that I needed, actually it was 180 for the repairs and parts including the ASIC chip and the rom.. plus I had a socket installed to add the battery eliminator and I bought 4 U shaped opto sockets all this was 160. There were 2 other sockets replaced as well.

#17 8 years ago

I took one dmd from another game and put it into Addams, and it is working, that game has an aftermarket DMD board in it from either Pinled or Pinbits, I cannot remember off the top of my head, and I honestly do not want to take the glass off the head now that it is working 100% again, my poor Demo man is going to be waiting a while for parts.. I have no idea what happened, but I had a few pinsiders offer me some decent deals on used DMD's so I have one coming to put into Demo man, I am still going to attempt to fix this one, as it was PERFECT before Addams started having all the issues..

I broke my own personal rule on this one, and it cost me, DO NOT TAKE WORKING BOARDS OUT OF WORKING GAMES TO TRY IN A GAME WITH ISSUES... I went from Demo Man down, to Demo and Addams down because of this, and lost a DMD, bought a new CPU board, spent way too much money especially at this time of year. I should NEVER have broken my own rules.... Grrrrrrrr!

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it as always, Happy Holidays to all, especially my CARGPB brother Chris...

Steve
    Balboarules
    CARGPB#37

#18 8 years ago

Ok, I just put the Babcock into Demo Man and turned it on, measured voltages on the connector of the DMD itself not the connector from the game

1. 64.5
    2. 8.0
    3. 4.9
    4 0
    5 0
    6 0
    7 -87.9
    8 -110.4

Still trying to find somewhere with information on what I could possibly do to save this display, it was perfect, not outgassed, no lines out.. strong display, I hate to just toss it.

Thanks

#20 8 years ago

DSC01948.JPGDSC01948.JPGDSC01949.JPGDSC01949.JPGDSC01950.JPGDSC01950.JPG

#22 8 years ago

That is correct

#24 8 years ago

I would not even know what to probe around for my friend..

#26 8 years ago

11-2 clinched the division already.. We love Tom Brady!!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balboarules.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmd-just-died-was-a-perfect-dmd-no-outgas?tu=balboarules and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.