View topic image gallery

P1070088 (resized).JPG
jumpers (resized).jpg
P1070070 (resized).JPG
P1070072 (resized).JPG
P1070065 (resized).JPG
DMD (resized).jpg
display (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from TinyToo:

Boston Pinball Company weren't able to offer any suggestions other than checking the leads or shipping the DMD back to the USA for them to test. I was hoping to avoid that if possible as I think the DMD might be OK. It's the fact that the pattern of erroneous dots is absolutely consistent for each individual image each time that image is shown that leads me to think that the DMD itself is fine. I was wondering about the EPROM, would it be worthwhile getting a new one? Has anyone ever seen anything similar with a DMD?

Start by removing the display ROM and reseating it. Do you have an EPROM burner?

1 week later
#37 6 years ago

It’s a 6264. Try swapping it from a display board or CPU board from another game and see if it clears up the issue.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This is important as there are times that there is a conflict between an older game ROM and a newer display ROM.

Yes, but from my experience these would cause full scenes not to display and show “display override” errors as the display receives bad commands.

#41 6 years ago

There are small variants but I was told all 6264s are cross compatible. If you had other DMD games you could just buy NVRAM for one of your other games and put the old 6264 chip in your display.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

MPU is also a suspect.

Not in this case, his issue is with regards to the actual pixels on the display. The MPU can only send commands to display a scene, a number/letter, or blank the screen.

#65 6 years ago

It looks like all 4 jumpers control the brightness, and each jumper represents a bit in a 4 bit value for brightness.

#67 6 years ago

No problem, I've never actually seen one of these Boston Pinball displays until now. Just a guess (but it could be one level of brightness for each jumper too).

#69 6 years ago

It’s looking like that so far.

2 weeks later
#75 6 years ago

Ask for a refund from Boston Pinball.

#77 6 years ago

Well you may be out of luck then. Check out this thread, I would vouch for the excellent color DMDMK66 display.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmd-issues-with-data-east-hook?tu=crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.