(Topic ID: 192172)

DMD issue. Please help.

By Murphelman

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170626_164332 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hello,

I'm new to the Pinball world. Bought a Rocky and Bullwinkle 3 weeks ago and starting noticing issues with the DMD. First there would be lag between the play and display. Then it would go completely black for periods of time.

I thought it just needed to warm up because typically happened when I turned on the game.

Now when I turn on the game it displays the boot up message showing the version then goes completely blank. have played full games with it and it never came on.

I am guess I likely need a new DMD. Anyone have any other suggestion that might help?

TIA

#2 6 years ago

Are the connectors from the dmd well in place and not burned?

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobDutch:

Are the connectors from the dmd well in place and not burned?

As far as I can tell they are I checked all the connector I could get at and reconnected them. I doesn't appear to be gassed out or anything either. It's odd that it will display the version and game name etc. than just stop showing anything.

#4 6 years ago

Screen was blank for 30 Minutes and magically came back on. just played 3 games in a row without issue. It's seems to be going blank more and more and then just comes on again and stays on till I turn it off for a period of time than does it again.

20170626_164332 (resized).jpg20170626_164332 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

Are the voltages what they should be?

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobDutch:

Are the voltages what they should be?

Gonna check those. wonder if it may be the voltages although I'm not an expert on them. Might be losing voltage through the connectors?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmd-issue-please-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.