4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pin_Guy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG-7293 (resized).jpg
    IMG-7292 (resized).jpg
    IMG-7291 (resized).jpg
    IMG-7290 (resized).jpg
    IMG-7289 (resized).jpg
    IMG-7286 (resized).jpg
    IMG-7288 (resized).jpg
    IMG-7287 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Hello, trying to install a color DMD in a LOTR stern pinball. This is my first install of one of these in a stern machine. Obviously something is wrong but I can't figure out what might be going wrong. Can someone who knows these install take a look at these pics and see if they can spot anything obvious? Any help would be greatly appreciated

IMG-7286 (resized).jpgIMG-7286 (resized).jpgIMG-7287 (resized).jpgIMG-7287 (resized).jpgIMG-7288 (resized).jpgIMG-7288 (resized).jpgIMG-7289 (resized).jpgIMG-7289 (resized).jpgIMG-7290 (resized).jpgIMG-7290 (resized).jpgIMG-7291 (resized).jpgIMG-7291 (resized).jpgIMG-7292 (resized).jpgIMG-7292 (resized).jpgIMG-7293 (resized).jpgIMG-7293 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Did you change the setting to the stern setting . There are different settings in the options menu on the the display .

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phatchit:

Did you change the setting to the stern setting . There are different settings in the options menu on the the display .

I was never able to see an option menu on the install. The boot up of the game went instantly to these vertical white lines. I am assuming one of the cables is installed wrong but I double and triple checked everything according to the sent instructions...

#4 4 years ago

There is a menu button on the colordmd board. You can see it in the 2nd pic you posted. You need to push that to bring up the menu and use the other buttons to cycle through the different settings.

#5 4 years ago

shouldn't there be some sort of graphic or text on the screen though upon bootup? The way it starts up it seems like it is malfunctioning. If I press the menu button it will go into a text mode then?

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from stuckey_t:

shouldn't there be some sort of graphic or text on the screen though upon bootup? The way it starts up it seems like it is malfunctioning. If I press the menu button it will go into a text mode then?

Just like others said, you need to change it to SAM/WS for it to function properly with the Sigma setting. Likely is set for WPC.

Or download LOTR color file and install it, as the file will automatically configure for SAM/WS and it will also be in color.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from stuckey_t:

If I press the menu button it will go into a text mode then?

Yes. From there, you can make the change.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phatchit:

This is the next step in the installation instructions, you just haven't completed the installation yet.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmd-install-problems-first-stern?hl=stuckey_t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.