• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 3.12.51 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bax1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Just picked up a LAH and the DMD has garbage on the screen. I have tried different known good ribbon cables and same result. I checked voltages and everything is good except the 68v. it is at 78v. The game does have a brand new rotten dog ps and all test points are proper. Does the voltage run straight to the dmd from the ps? what could cause it to be 78v at the connector? will that harm the dmd?

#3 3 years ago

Thank you. Planned on checking that out. what about the voltages?

#5 3 years ago

had a buddy that said to replace resister 95 which could cause garbage on the screen. Anyone heard of that?

#8 3 years ago

Well got a new rom today and just got a flash of garbage then blank. I’m going to order some new ribbon cables. So the 78v is ok at 68v? Other than that one, the rest are pretty good

#10 3 years ago

The power supply is a new rotten dog. The -112 and -100 are good. Only the 69v is high

#12 3 years ago

right on. I do have the original power supply when I bought the game. it probably needs to be rebuilt but not opposed to doing that.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

The DMD and DMD controller are also at suspect. You can swap the DMD controller without swapping the display ROM.
If both the display ROM and DMD controller are good on another game, it would just display wrong animations and would do no harm testing this way. You may see long blank screens doing this swap since he display ROM may be trying to access an unused area the other game may have. Still worth swapping as a test.
Again, I have seen DMDs with the same problem as you show. It is a bit harder to swap than the DMD controller or power supply.

right on. I will give it a shot when I get a few.

#16 3 years ago

Well. Pulled out my r&b dmd out. Swapped control boards and the r&b dmd booted fine. The lah dmd still garbage. Even swapped the 14 pin ribbon cables. Should I try putting the r&b dmd back into lah to see if it boots? I just don’t want the 78v being high blow out the good dmd

#18 3 years ago

right on. that is what I am afraid of. so I have already tested it in r&b so will keep looking at things to test on it. might be toast.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bax1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmd-help?tu=Bax1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.