Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by n1teowl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 57 days ago

I've got a Shadow that has an issue with the DMD. Every time the knocker fires, the DMD starts glitching out. I can still see what it's trying to display, but there are is a lot of flickering of the image. I don't think it's the DMD itself as it seems to display fine otherwise. The glitching will also slowly start happening if the machine has been on awhile. If I shut off the machine and turn it back on, everything seems fine. Is this a ground issue? It doesn't seem to be related to the ribbon cable as unplugging/replugging doesn't seem to help, although I'm sure it's possible. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

#2 56 days ago

It is possible your display is out gassing the dot matrix display does last a long time but not forever,Also ribbon cable going from the display board is going bad.Do you have another ribbon cable or a display from another game you can swap with to see if it corrects the problem?When the game is off do you see any signs of screen burns?You can also run a display test in the test menus it will show you lines going up and across the display to see if there are any screen dots fading or burnt out.

#3 56 days ago

The big connector going to the pins on the DMD, check for cracked or cold solder joints on those pins.

LTG : )

#4 55 days ago

I've got a new ribbon cable on the way. I'll also check for cold solder joints on the power connector. DMD looks fine and is not outgassing. Thanks for the guidance.

1 week later
#5 46 days ago

I got a new ribbon cable to the DMD and that wasn't the issue. It turns out it was fixed by reseating one of the wider ribbon cables towards the top of the board. I earned a free game, the knocker fired, and still no issues. Thanks for the help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
PinSound
$ 11.00
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
California, MD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside