Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Sly_Old_Devil
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

i have a hrc, i noticed a bumper lite was out, i wanted to see if the problem was with the lite or the socket so i switched the bulb that was out with a bulb in another bumper, now that second bumper lite was out but the first one was working so i knew it was just a dead bulb...then i noticed that a horizontal line on the dmd, fourth from the bottom, was now mostly out, i was urinated because i thought i'd have to replace that now...i didnt have the replacement bulb on hand so i sent away for some and just got them

so i just replaced the bumper bulb that was out and it's fine and guess what, i notice that the dmd is now working fine, the line that was mostly out was now 100% fine...

can anyone explain what happened? obviously the replaced bulb completed some kind of circuit that wasn't complete before and was affecting the dmd and now everything is ok...anyone ever see anything like this before or knows what happened?

#2 4 years ago

Two different things.

The line out on the DMD has a weak or cracked wire/ribbon to that line that was out.

Your working on the game moved things enough so it's making contact again.

Bulb had nothing to do with the DMD.

LTG : )™

#3 4 years ago

Aren't you the guy who started the thread about playing while high?! %-)

That would explain it, perhaps?

#4 4 years ago

but the dmd line didn't go out til the bulb went out and then both came on together, how does replacing the bulb affect the dmd it doesn't make sense

#5 4 years ago

LTG was saying is that the timing is coincidence, not causally related.

#6 4 years ago

ok

#7 4 years ago

Borg technology...

Star Trek, not the designer

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Zippee:

i was urinated because i thought i'd have to replace that now...

#9 4 years ago

It just urinates me off when the damn thing fixes itself and I miss a chance to work on it.... rather than play it!

#10 4 years ago

i still don't believe it was a coincidence...both things go out at the same second, and then the second one is fixed the other is fixed

#11 4 years ago

auto correct infuriated???

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Zippee:

i still don't believe it was a coincidence...both things go out at the same second, and then the second one is fixed the other is fixed

Take the bulb out and see if the dmd line goes out, toggle this a few times and before you know it you'll be doing the hockey cokey, but that should show you that the two are not connected at least.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 399.95
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside