Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dnaman
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180228_2205295 (resized).jpg
IMG_1763_(resized).jpg
IMG_1766_(resized).jpg
20160428_174548_(resized).jpg
20160428_181057_(resized).jpg
dmd_extender_ToM_(resized).jpg
redonblackspeccy2.JPG
redonblackspeccy1.JPG
Screenshot 2013-12-02 18.50.39.png
Screenshot 2013-12-02 18.51.20.png
Screenshot 2013-12-02 18.50.52.png
Screenshot 2013-12-02 18.41.00.png
Screenshot 2013-12-02 18.46.23.png
Screenshot 2013-12-02 18.43.27.png
Screenshot 2013-12-02 18.39.13.png
lotrconfig2.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

Considering the Pi uses a micro USB port and the program is already there, a better option would be to support connectivity over USB for adjusting. I probably had to remove the SD card at least 10 times to get everything dialed in. A couple of times the Pi didn't boot, and reseating the SD card solved it. So these boards may have weak SD slots as well.

#8 5 years ago

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was talking about interacting with a PC and pushing updates live, updating the SD card's config files in real time when you save in the program.

#17 5 years ago

Get these from PINLED. As far as I know they are the only ones carrying replacements.

http://www.pinled.de/shop/product_info.php?cPath=7_38&products_id=30

#19 5 years ago

A 128x16 replacement screen wouldn't work for 2 reasons. One, the controller circuit is on the same board as the display itself and two, size would be a big problem.

#24 5 years ago

Looks very good!! Question, why is there no washed out gray background characteristic of backlit LCD displays? Camera exposure when you recorded that video?

#28 5 years ago

Softwaretroll can you post a screenshot of the config window? I want to use that color palette in Frankenstein.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from softwaretroll:

Spent some time yesterday on a buddies BSD to see what color scheme we can come up with.....The first few screen shots are using the "ZX Speccy", low resolution setting focusing on a blood red color scheme. Speccy gives a more solid, blended graphics look. The second group of screens is the same color scheme but with the high resolution, "normal dot" setting to show the difference. We like the speccy look because it seems more fitting to the "eerie" theme of the game. (Our personal preference.)

Wow... dude it seems every palette you make comes out perfect. Colors please??

#43 5 years ago

To see how we mounted the one in Addams Family:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-addams-family-poor-mans-color-dmd/page/2#post-1234507

What other WPC games does your friend have besides BSD? You have quite the knack for colorizing!

1 month later
#54 5 years ago

Vishay does not repair DMDs anymore. I called them.

#56 5 years ago

Yes plasmas are quickly becoming obsolete in the pinball market. LED and LCDs are gaining market share fast. To anyone looking to buy a new display, adapt. You'll be glad you did when it's too late.

2 weeks later
#57 5 years ago

Is there any way at all to pay you using PayPal or Billmelater? Or do you have a distributor? For us providing $100 up front is a big obstacle, and mark my words. We will buy more often if you can finance a different way, preferably Billmelater.

#58 5 years ago

Also does the new version of your firmware allow you to vertically flip the image? Say if I wanted to flip the screen to get a better viewing angle.

1 week later
#62 5 years ago

I don't see any way that an LCD will physically fit behind a speaker panel that small. Plus the controller circuitry would have to be integrated or designed separately, which isn't going to happen. We already have LED replacement displays by PinLED.

1 month later
#67 5 years ago

Here is the White Water conversion I just did. As for the Getaway, make a palette yourself. I posted instructions a few posts above this one:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-addams-family-poor-mans-color-dmd/page/4#post-1537581

#70 5 years ago

The Extender does not run the software and generate the signal. The ideal controller is cheap and easy to use for interfacing with LVDS displays.

1 year later
#77 3 years ago

What's with the radio silence the past few months on these? Fortunately I'm all caught up for now, but still...

#79 3 years ago

He hasn't logged into Pinside since last August!

3 months later
#84 3 years ago

Did he ever upload the files?

5 months later
#86 3 years ago

David is back in business. Give him time, he will get back to you.

#91 3 years ago

How did you that to work with ColorDMD? I heard there isn't a 14-pin ribbon pass through on that. Did you pass through using the Extender board?

1 week later
#104 3 years ago

Looks great! Thanks for reading my guide.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lynbrook, NY
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 28.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 109.99
€ 3.70
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside