(Topic ID: 9815)

DMD Era: Most Under/Over Rated Game

By TheStranger

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jags.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#136 10 years ago

I find it so unfortunate with these type of threads that so many people don't explain WHY!! What good does it do if all that is stated is the name of a pin? Plus the OP doesn't even come back to mediate, expand, question, or do anything to bring any meaning, explanation, or conclusion to the question he posted.

I am looking to purchase my first DMD pin and seeing this the title of this thread made me hopeful that I might find some meaningful information here that would help in determining a good DMD to purchase. But instead I just have a bunch of different pin names thrown out there with no reasons. Not even a condensed breakdown of the top five over/under pins even after this thread has been here for over a year!

I do want to thank those posters that did explain why they chose a specific pin as that really helps. The rest of you...???

#138 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

ACDC = Solid game but not fun to me - TAF Solid game but annoying to me

Why is it not fun? What makes it annoying? If you can answer those questions it would give a lot more credibility to your statement and it might help someone in making a decision on what is a good pin and what is a bad pin.

Quoted from TheLaw:

RBION - Solid game, don;t know why people find the art & sounds so annoying & no fun.

Tell me why you think it's a solid pin. I would love to know.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Because it doesn't fucking matter why.

So yes it DOES fucking matter why!!

It's just like if I asked you what is better: Pizza or Burgers. It doesn't matter what your answer is unless you explain why!!

#142 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I like Pizza better, tastes better, i have more fun eating Pizza than Burgers. Clear anything up?

It clears things up just a little bit. But if you would take the time to really think about it and answer completely it would be better. Perhaps something like: I like Pizza better. It tastes better because it has melted cheese that mixes with a great tomato sauce base. That along with having a great choice of different toppings that you can choose depending on your mood. Sometimes just peperoni is great especially if I'm in a spicy mood. Other time I like gourmet toppings liked dried tomatoes and green olives. You also have the choice of different styles of crust. Thin or thick it can really make the difference in how the pizza tastes. Also Pizza is more fun than a burger because you have more choice in toppings and I really love the way the cheese stretches when you take a bite. I also love taking the crust edge and throwing it the guy across the table!! Burgers on the other hand can be boring. Yes I do admit that you can get burgers with different toppings but for the most part a burger is just cooked ground beef with mayo, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, and maybe onions if you like them. Pizza to me is just a lot more exciting and far superior than a burger!!

Now that is the type of answer that should be presented regarding your choice in a pinball machine. Give us something to chew on and digest!! It seems that our society today really has no opinion on anything. It's all just 5 second sound bites. Just ask anyone why they like Obama. I bet most will answer in 10 words or less and will have not much more to say.

So sad!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jags.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmd-era-most-underover-rated-game?tu=Jags and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.