(Topic ID: 9815)

DMD Era: Most Under/Over Rated Game

By TheStranger

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 12 years ago

Most Over Rated Game: The Addams Family

Most Under Rated Game: The Shadow

#2 12 years ago

Most Over rated Game: AFM

Most Under Rated Game: BSD

#3 12 years ago

Most Over rated Game .. Addams Family... runner up... Creature From Black Lagoon

Most Under Rated Game..Baywatch ..runner up ...Dr Who

#4 12 years ago

Baywatch? WTF!? Maybe I need to play that... I actually hear Sega's pins in general are under appreciated. Apollo 13 and Starship Troopers are supposed to be not half bad as well.

#5 12 years ago

Most over rated: Cirqus Voltaire. I had it about a year and everything that is cool about it when "new" grates on the nerves, color, sound, bashing the ringmaster over and over. Although I did really enjoy neon multiball, but after a while that was about it.
    Most under rated Ripley's Believe it or Not.

#6 12 years ago

over: SM

under: DW

#7 12 years ago

Most overated: LOTR (I am sure I will get some hate for that, just cant get into it)

Most underrated: JD

#8 12 years ago

I will think this over for my real answer but, for now I will just point out that everyone (before this post and after) is wrong.

#9 12 years ago

Overrated: MM
    Underrated: JP

#10 12 years ago

Most overrated: AFM
    Most underrated: Playboy

#11 12 years ago

over: Champion Pub
    under: Rocky and Bullwinkle

MM is right where it should be

#12 12 years ago

Overrated: TZ
    Underrated: Who Dunnit?

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

MM is right where it should be

It's not worth the money. I could get a Shadow and AFM for the price of MM. Besides, I'm started to think Brian Eddy's designed pins are getting to be seriously overrated. I enjoy the Shadow and sometimes AFM, but MM won't be in my collection.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

It's not worth the money.

Best game ever. The ratings prove it! I'm basing my opinion off playing it, though. To each his own. I WILL own one.

#16 12 years ago

over rated,cftbl.
    under rated,royal rumble.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Best game ever. The ratings prove it!

MM is likely the most overrated pinball of all time. For the money this machine commands in the market verses its gameplay, I just don't think it's worth it. The playfield trolls are fun, but the collapsing castle just ends up being monotonous. I also think the audio is chaotic and there's no real cohesion in the theme. You have a bunch of one-liners that seem to really not related to the theme. Do I need to go on???

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from TheStranger:

Greatest thing known to mankind: The Addams Family
    Most Under Rated Game: The Shadow

I corrected your mistake.

LAH is the most underrated DMD IMO. 13 modes, many are very diverse, like 8 different MBs, kicker, magnets, drop target that resets from behind if you miss any shot - just an awesome machine for the money.

#19 12 years ago

MM is awesome, but no pin is that much better, if you are only considering the price. Most out of whack bang-for-the buck? Sure. But Mm is not overrated. Overpriced is not the same as overrated.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Overpriced is not the same as overrated.

Well, I know that, but I'm trying to make a point here.

#21 12 years ago

If you smell something stinkin' it Medieval Madness, cause its the shit. Love that game. Worth the money. I think we need to accept collecting Pinball Machines as an expensive hobby. Make the money! Always remember than you can play Facebook games for free.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

LAH is the most underrated DMD IMO. 13 modes, many are very diverse, like 8 different MBs, kicker, magnets, drop target that resets from behind if you miss any shot - just an awesome machine for the money.

Something tells me that if I had the chance to play LAH I would probably agree with you.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from TheStranger:

I think we need to accept collecting Pinball Machines as an expensive hobby. Make the money!

It isn't a cheap hobby, but it isn't the most expensive. Fine art, fast cars, big boats, and house collecting are definitely more expensive.

#24 12 years ago

If going by the Pinside Rankings.

Under rated - Flintstones (#79)

Over Rated - Indiana Jones (wms) Good game but nowhere near top 5

#25 12 years ago

Over: SS (runner up MM)
    Under: NGG

I have both

#26 12 years ago

MM is where it belongs, ratings-wise.

The verdict is out on AFM. I wasn't blown away by it, but HAD to get one based on all the hype.

#27 12 years ago

Over C.V
    Under L.A.H

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

+1

#29 12 years ago

Overated? Tie between Totan and Tom, both are pretty and both play like garbage.

Underated? Used to be rbion, tommy, jp, etc etc. Anymore? Street Fighter 2 just because it is one of the cheapest dmd's money can buy and yet is light years more fun then shaq.

#30 12 years ago

I don't mean to ruffle feathers, but I have to ask this... for those that think MM is the best, why…? It is over and over hit the castle, not much depth, I just don't get it. I have always said that it is fun to play once in a while, and looks great, but playability - nowhere near most top 20 IMO.

I think there are more supporters of this game that haven't spent a lot of time on it and are just buying into the hype that has somehow built up on this machine and drooling over owning it because of the inflated price.

#32 12 years ago

Based off pinside rankings:

Overrated: TOTAN
    Underrated: WPT

What I feel personally:

Overrated :Tie between TSPP/CC
    Underrated: DH

#33 12 years ago

Overrated: TAF
    Underrated: Stargate

#34 12 years ago

Overrated: MM
    Underrated: rctc

#35 12 years ago

Overrated---------CV and CFTBL

Under--------------DH and BSD

#36 12 years ago

Over: CFTBL
    Under: SG

#37 12 years ago

Over: CC
    Under: Nascar

#38 12 years ago

Over: ?, I'll edit when I think of something.
    Under: JP, but it seems to be growing in popularity.

#39 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I don't mean to ruffle feathers, but I have to ask this... for those that think MM is the best, why…? It is over and over hit the castle, not much depth, I just don't get it. I have always said that it is fun to play once in a while, and looks great, but playability - nowhere near most top 20 IMO.
    I think there are more supporters of this game that haven't spent a lot of time on it and are just buying into the hype that has somehow built up on this machine and drooling over owning it because of the inflated price.

If all your doing is shooting at the castle then your not playing the game the best was to maximize your score. There is plenty more to do then just destroying castles.

#40 12 years ago

Over-IJ
    Under-XF

#41 12 years ago

Over - TAF
    Under - A13

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

MM is a good game, I personally think it has more stuff to do than TZ, and alot of players consider it the deeper game. In TZ you pretty much just hit the multiball jackpot over and over, not much else imo. In MM you have to use strategy to complete the five madnesses before using your Multiball madness shot, then you also have to complete the 6 castles and then finally defeat the king at the end. There is also a mode where you have to complete each objective of the five objectives twice before a timer runs out.

So as you can see its a pretty deep game, and there is also the factor that a new player can instantly jump into the game and play it by beating on the castle, so that has to add for something.

TZ, powerball and maybe Jackpot over and over. Maybe I am not playing it right.

#44 12 years ago

Whoa now. As much as I love MM, I can't get behind any kind of "MM is deeper than TZ" talk.

#45 12 years ago

I think you need to get a few more games of TZ in if you think the only thing to do is get jackpots. It takes a number of games to "get it" but, once you do, you understand why it's one of the best pins out there.

#46 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

+1 Thanks for backing me up on this issue. I think many people want MM haven't played it yet.

#47 12 years ago

Compare the PAPA videos for TZ and MM. There is more stuff the player has to do in MM

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Best game ever. The ratings prove it! I'm basing my opinion off playing it, though. To each his own. I WILL own one.

Nice! Good thing you only live 5 minutes away from me.

Overrated = TZ

Underrated = MSF & RBION

#49 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Whoa now. As much as I love MM, I can't get behind any kind of "MM is deeper than TZ" talk.

If playing a 3 ball game tourney style with no extra balls the best way to score is Multiball on TZ. On MM you almost avoid the Castle unless in Multiball mode if trying to achieve a high score.

In a home environment set to lets say 5 Balls with extra balls then yes there is more you can go after on TZ.

#50 12 years ago

True. If playing for score alone, TZ is pretty one track.

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmd-era-most-underover-rated-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.